SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November 2015 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/378424-class-november-2015-a.html)

Anna 11-01-2015 09:39 AM

Class of November 2015

Welcome to everyone starting their recovery journey today!

wallup 11-01-2015 09:42 AM

Hi Anna, thanks for kicking this off!

I would like to join the class of November, first day here. I like this number pattern too. 11-1-15. Also the first four 1111 is 15 in binary so it's easy to remember the year. Hope everyone has a great day!

Thanks,
wallop

SunnyDenver 11-01-2015 10:56 AM

Class of November 2015

I'm in too, today is a new start....

Jsbodhi 11-01-2015 11:34 AM

I might as well join too, I didn't make it through oct, though I did better

Dallow 11-01-2015 11:37 AM

Hi class, I am on board this ship! Technically on day 5, but yes still in the very beginning.

Ambuler 11-01-2015 12:41 PM

:c009:

Hello, all! I would like to join the November class, if I may. I lurked the October class, but thought I would make myself official this month. I've been on my sober journey now for almost two weeks, although last night I did break down and have two beers....:/ So day one again for me, I suppose. For me, I do feel that it is more so a case of getting to the root of why I run to alcohol for any and everything-be it anxiety, sadness, irritation, or because I'm happy and want to celebrate (i.e. Halloween last night)....anyway, I've learned a lot here on SR over the past 3 weeks or so of lurking, and hope to learn and share more with you all going forward. Can't wait to get this month going on a good note!

Healthygoals 11-01-2015 02:06 PM

I need to join too.

hopefull24 11-01-2015 02:09 PM

can i join??

Yeah :) 9 days.... how do i join? What do i do?

Thumbelina 11-01-2015 02:40 PM

Hi everyone! :c012:
I'm new here and would like to join the class of November please.

soulpower89 11-01-2015 02:54 PM

Wondered what this was... seeing as I joined today, count me in. All the support will be wonderful.

Julie59 11-01-2015 03:24 PM

Thanks for dtarting this Anna ..... and yes I am joining
have really struggled of late :(

Soberwolf 11-01-2015 03:47 PM

Anna & D are super awesome wise friendly full of great insightful advice that serves me well

Welcome to SR SunnyDenver, Ambular & HealthyGoals

Big hello to everybody

Want you guys to know 3 things

1.Your not alone
2.Trust me you can do this
3.You can reclaim your life

Jane8 11-01-2015 04:50 PM

I'm in!
I quit last month for a few days. Then my husband suggested after a long talk that he didn't really think I needed to quit entirely so I managed 2 weeks of moderation. I had an easy time of it, but then when he was gone I went back to a full bottle of wine. I didn't even try to stick the two glasses.
So clearly, moderation only works when he's home :-/
So I'm going to stop, there's no point in waiting for things to get worse...
I normally drink a whole bottle of wine three nights a week. Cut that down to two glasses three nights a week. But then I drank three bottles in four days. It's like I was trying to catch up!:headbange

Anyway, I'm not drinking for 30 days. I'm not going to talk to him about it- I'm just going to do it. And after that time maybe we can talk again and he'll be more open to discussing how serious my problem may be. He's not an enabler - he doesn't drink. I just think he's afraid of the label. But clearly I have an issue with alcohol. I'm stocked up on recovery books and am going to try to keep this week as stress free as possible.

My biggest concern is my daughter. She's very, very angry at me. She is a
recovering addict and I thought she would understand. But I have tried talking to her and I'm not sure if she thinks I'm exaggerating my problem ( I asked her for some help with things this coming week) or if she has some deeper issues with my drinking. (Or me maybe lol) She just got very angry when I asked. And that kind of hurt.

Julie59 11-01-2015 06:02 PM

All the very best Jane8 ...... this is my 1st day (one of many :( ) I'm going to keep posting all day today ....(its 10am here in West Oz) so that when I finish work at 5pm today I can push thru the urge to buy a drink on the way home....

Jane8 11-01-2015 06:29 PM

Good Luck Julie! You can do this!
Heading to bed soon but I'll check back in the morning. Have a great sober night.

GhostFace 11-01-2015 07:13 PM

I'm all in, this is my 3rd day but I know that I'm in the very beginning stages and need all the support I could get

emme99 11-01-2015 07:31 PM

Hi everyone,
I would like to join this class too. I have been in a couple of classes and hoping I can make this the final one :)

bblackbirdflyy 11-01-2015 07:37 PM

I'm in. Was sober a few weeks last month but really screwed it up over the last few days. I finally had my Psych appointment last week.... Fessed up to the dr how much I've really been drinking. First time I've admitted to anyone professionally, and he told me to stop of course. I wasn't going to mention it but he outright asked me if I've been having problems with alcohol or drug abuse. So.... after the stress of the appointment, naturally, I got beer and wine rather than filling my prescription. Then was sober one day to take the kids trick-or-treating, only to drink all day yesterday. Woke up with the thought that this behavior is going to kill me. As of tonight I've started my medication, which number one rule is do not consume alcohol while taking.

Thank god for my patient boyfriend.

Tired and at work.

Saskia 11-01-2015 07:38 PM

Welcome to all of you starting on this amazing journey!

I won't pretend it's all easy but getting and staying sober can definitely be done and the more time that goes by, the better it feels and the better life is becoming. A strong conviction and a positive attitude is a good beginning.

Soberwolf 11-02-2015 12:49 AM

Morning everyone here are some useful links its worth checking out

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html