Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 24

Old 11-08-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Boy, can I relate to watching movies/tv shows while drinking and then not remembering how they ended. Horrible and embarrassing.

Had a very nice Sunday with family. We had my mom and in-laws over for an early Thanksgiving dinner since we are going to be in Florida for the holiday. AV was screaming earlier today while everyone was here and the turkey was cooking, but I was able to fight it off. Think I have just spent too many holidays getting buzzed and I need to create new habits/memories. It ended up being a very enjoyable day and I am so glad I was sober and present for it.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well tonight. Leshar, I too believe something else (another condo) is out there for you. We went through the whole house hunting/ buying and selling of our house this time last year and it can be very stressful. You will find the right place FWIW, I do think you are making the right decision in making this move.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Hi, Ladybug; glad to hear that you had such a nice day.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Julyers.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:12 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning/afternoon Julyers 7.10am

I saw 2 brilliant Ted Talks on mindfulness yesterday really worth watching

https://youtu.be/JVwLjC5etEQ

https://youtu.be/1A4w3W94ygA

These 2 videos are awesome speak soon guys
Old 11-08-2015, 11:15 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Thank you wolfie love ~ I am going to bookmark them right now.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:21 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Do your best

Np Venus

I found this also

https://youtu.be/qzR62JJCMBQ
Old 11-09-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Hi everyone... I love reading all the Satisfaction you all feels from a sober Sunday,
It inspires me

I am hitting reset today. Self hatred will not help me right now. It's a new day and I'm ready to be done with this. I can't drink safely. I accept that. My Av tells me "just today", and it never is. And if I drink on the weekend, I often start before noon. I've never admitted that before but I have to.

When I am in a drinking phase I am wasting my time, my life, just zoning out and struggling through the days til I can get home and drink more . I like to think I'm better than that, but I'm not. It's my secret, somehow I function and get it all done but it's no way to live.

I know you all understand. And I am grateful to be here and for your support. I talk and write about it so much, but it's time to do it. Not for 3 days and then blow it. I have the tools. It's up to me. Sorry for my desperation. It's just time .
Old 11-09-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

FABL, was just about to do my "goodnight" post and saw you had posted.

Co-incidentally, I was going to post how I got through some work tonight at home, and it's a relief not to feel like I'm forever trying to catch up at work and getting nowhere, like when I was drinking.

I always described it as like being a rat on a wheel, unable to get off. It's horrible, and I'm sending you bigs hugs, because it's the pits.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Yes it is The pits Crois. This Morning I feel completely unprepared for my day ahead and unable to focus. The difference is like night and day. I don't necessarily feel "hungover" physically as I do mentally.
But maybe I needed to get to this point again to find some real commitment.
Thanks for thinking of me
Old 11-09-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

We are all thinking of you, FABL, because we've all been there and know the horrible despair that ensues. I stopped and started I don't know how many times, but I finally went to an out patient addictions service here when I realized I couldn't stop on my own. Have you thought about outside help, other than SR?
Sending hugs to you!
Old 11-09-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Do your best

Fabl here's some plan building links to look over

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html
Old 11-09-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Do your best

Very windy day so I decided to get the leaves up 6 bags later and the garden is 95%
clear of leaves I took a couple pics il upload shortly to my profile
Old 11-09-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

That was a lot of work, sw.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Hi everyone... I love reading all the Satisfaction you all feels from a sober Sunday,
It inspires me

I am hitting reset today. Self hatred will not help me right now. It's a new day and I'm ready to be done with this. I can't drink safely. I accept that. My Av tells me "just today", and it never is. And if I drink on the weekend, I often start before noon. I've never admitted that before but I have to.

When I am in a drinking phase I am wasting my time, my life, just zoning out and struggling through the days til I can get home and drink more . I like to think I'm better than that, but I'm not. It's my secret, somehow I function and get it all done but it's no way to live.

I know you all understand. And I am grateful to be here and for your support. I talk and write about it so much, but it's time to do it. Not for 3 days and then blow it. I have the tools. It's up to me. Sorry for my desperation. It's just time .
Hugs to you, sweet fabl.

We do understand; we have been there - caught in that relentless and vicious cycle.

We are here for you.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Good morning, afternoon, dark of night, Julyers.

Have a great day, all.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Hellooo y'all (Hug)! Hope everyone is good today. I am getting back to normal. Brushing off the dust. Some of my problem is learning to act and react differently. People aren't going to be like me because they don't have aheart like mine. Nor are they going to do like I would hope they would do, they're human. People are going to make mistakes...AND they're gonna do what they want without thinking sometimes. I have to be ok with that...I am learning..thank goodness I am a work in progress! Lol
Old 11-09-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
That was a lot of work, sw.
Not really we look after the garden weekly I had the leaves up in 10-15 mins max, you will see the difference in my album on my profile titled birds & stuff

I'm uploading them now mrs sw just informed me the pics she took are not clear at all so give me 10 mins we'l try getting clearer shots

The rest of the leaves are randoms & the strong winds were getting will blow them into a corner and ll scoop them up in the morning
Old 11-09-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Thank you Leigh and sw, it feels so good to know I won't be judged here. I am hard enough on myself. Leshar, thank you also. I'm not sure what else to do, I enjoyed counseling, but it got too expensive and I know for sure that AA is not for me. It's not that I don't feel I need more support, but at this point, support or not, I know it all comes down to me. I have to take that "no matter what " attitude and stop believing that it will ever be different.
Today I'm determined, but it's a couple of days from now that I have to be prepared for.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Do your best

Fabl at this stage every day is a blessing be prepared for each day try not to project the future as we only have now, today I try to keep it simple by keeping it in the day with just for today

Spk soon Fabl
Old 11-09-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Just checking in before bed. Had another good day. AV was quiet today, unlike yesterday, which was nice and peaceful. I agree with SW, just need to focus on this minute, hour, day and not think too much into the future.

FABL, thinking about you. I truly do empathize and know how you are feeling. Stay close. We can both do this xxxx

Hi and hugs to everyone else tonight too.