Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 24

Old 11-06-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

(((Snoooozzzyyyyy))) you feel better and have an awesome day as well! Wink!
Old 11-06-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday, but still here

Abby is 11 months today. Can't believe she is almost a year old. She took 2 steps by herself yesterday yay These are all the little moments I want to be sober and 100% present for. Looking back I realize that my drinking started picking up when my older daughter was around this age. It wasn't until she was 2 that I realized I had developed a serious problem. Now here I am, still struggling with this monster and she is 5. Ugh, makes me so sad when I think about it. I know I can't dwell on past mistakes. I just need to focus on staying sober today.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great weekend! I will be checking in a lot xxx
Old 11-06-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,
Snoozy, I'm sorry to hear you've been unwell. Rest up!
Letitgo, it sounds like you had a rough time, but you came through it!
Ladybug, I'm glad to see you posting and you sound determined.

I haven't heard back from my bank lady yet. I'm torn about making an offer. I've seen other condos, not recently, but I didn't like any of them. This one had a nice feel to it. I'm losing sleep over what to do!
I got a call back audition for Monday so I'm pleased about that.
My iPad has broken down, I really miss it!
I cleared out two big totes of paint cans and other hazardous household waste to go to the HHW depot this am. I'm going to a friend's art opening this evening.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Good to see you posting, Ladybug.
Feel better soon, Snooz.

Every day at the moment makes me feel more and more grateful to be sober, - if it's even possible to be more grateful - I'm truly blessed.

I'm back into a similar high-pressure role I was in when my drinking escalated. So, it's interesting to see how I deal with stress, difficult people (like my little dilemma last week, etc.), completely sober and free of the AV. Some little ghosts from drinking, like shaking off feeling guilty. Boy, I'm sure I feel like I'm not working enough, or slacking, or even feeling incompetent at times, just those little whispery voices telling me I just might not be good enough - or trying to tell me, anyway.

Makes me realise how terrible drinking is, not just for the physical effect it has, by being drunk, then hungover - but the whole change to our attitude and psyche that addiction makes so it can survive. Telling us to feel guilty, feel incompetent, feel down.....so we go seek out that buzz.

Boy AV....I'm uncovering all the dirty tricks you used and how you transformed me to continue the madness. It really was like being with an abusive partner, telling you you are worthless, til you finally believe it yourself and don't try looking for anything better.

Addiction is a scary thing. But thinking with a clear mind, you slowly pull back the layers of lies that kept you bound. You realise you are a great person, and going back to what you had, would be craziness.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

^ scuse my long, philosophical post above. Just feeling all deep and meaningful before bed here.

Leshar, just saw you posted while I was preparing my essay above, lol.

Bugger on the iPad! And the losing sleep. Wishing you a restful night or nap today....and may the universe make the answer to come to you about the condo so you have the right gut feel. Having had to make some huge decisions when recently moving, I'm with you - it can be daunting, I know for me, again, I track some of that anxiousness now back to my addiction and how it fed off those kinds of feelings and stressful situations and grew them more. I check myself now on lots of things because of it. Bit like the wolf you feed wins.

P.s Wolfy im considering reading that book you've just read too,
Old 11-06-2015, 07:16 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Do your best

Croiss I really enjoyed it Afternoon to all the Overs
Old 11-06-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Thank you Aussies for answering my curiosity. I had a feeling that you would have to celebrate the season, while celebrating The Season. It seems quite a few will still have the roast in the oven, but just skip the ugly Christmas sweater! Thanks Again.

Leshar: Please don't loose sleep on the condo. All the worry in the world will not change the banks decision. Think positive my friend. Stay in the moment. (crossing your fingers couldn't hurt though)

Snoozy: Feel better my friend.

Let: Good on you for apologizing. We are only human. I would rather someone show their true feelings, good and bad, then fake it for the sake of being p.c.

Wolfie: Hi! Enjoy your read

Hope all the Julyers have a great weekend.

I am going to rearrange the living room furniture, then make gravy/spaghetti sauce with meatballs and sausage. I will also spend a great deal of the weekend encouraging my new puppy "Chico" to go pee pee 'OUTSIDE'.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

I got my iPad working again. I forgot about rebooting it, and so far it seems fine!
Thanks guys for the support about the condo. I contacted the listing realtor, haven't heard back.
Great post Croissant! My sister says her sleep is terrible and she blames it on the booze. She says she hasn't had an alcohol free day for two weeks and will now quit for a week. I don't think the stopping and starting will help her sleep any.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Morning everyone!

Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday, but still here

Abby is 11 months today. Can't believe she is almost a year old. She took 2 steps by herself yesterday yay These are all the little moments I want to be sober and 100% present for. Looking back I realize that my drinking started picking up when my older daughter was around this age. It wasn't until she was 2 that I realized I had developed a serious problem. Now here I am, still struggling with this monster and she is 5. Ugh, makes me so sad when I think about it. I know I can't dwell on past mistakes. I just need to focus on staying sober today.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great weekend! I will be checking in a lot xxx
11 months and taking steps!!!!!!??? It seems as though Abby was born just yesterday, Ladybug.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by letitgo View Post
Hi all. I wanted to check in. I had a rough day 2 days ago. Anxiety and depression overtook me. I couldnt think or see clearly. I was acting like a jerk to someone. It wasnt their fault that i was in a mood. I appologized to them yesterday and prayed to be calm and more patient.i prayed to be more accepting and understanding i get so damn wound up sometimes it feels like my heart will explode.
I had a much better day. My emotions had taken me hostage. I am going to work on this. I don't think the person thought i was rude to them but i know i was. Anyway it felt good to make amends and admit my short comings. Thats where i gave been at. Glad you are all well.
What an admirable thing you did by apologizing, letitgo. Anxiety and depression can considerably impact our days and our reactions to people and situations. Your prayers for calm, patience, acceptance and understanding show considerable self-awareness. You did well, my friend.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Good morning, afternoon, evening, dark of night, dear Julyers.

Have a wonderful day, all.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Heya ((Leigh))!
Old 11-06-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hi, Key!!!!!
Old 11-06-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Do your best

Mrs Sw is already sleeping I covered her with the duvet she looks like an angel

Evening Julyers
Old 11-06-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Administrator

Leshar

a couple of years ago I found a great place by the beach - but despite all my efforts I couldn't get out of an existing lease.

A couple of years on, I found this place which suits me down to the ground.

Things have a way of working out so try not to worry

11 months sure flew ladybug

hiya Crois, let, Nikki, Sobes, Snoozy, Bob, Key and the inevitable names I've missed

D
Old 11-06-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Good to see you posting, Ladybug.
Feel better soon, Snooz.

Every day at the moment makes me feel more and more grateful to be sober, - if it's even possible to be more grateful - I'm truly blessed.

I'm back into a similar high-pressure role I was in when my drinking escalated. So, it's interesting to see how I deal with stress, difficult people (like my little dilemma last week, etc.), completely sober and free of the AV. Some little ghosts from drinking, like shaking off feeling guilty. Boy, I'm sure I feel like I'm not working enough, or slacking, or even feeling incompetent at times, just those little whispery voices telling me I just might not be good enough - or trying to tell me, anyway.

Makes me realise how terrible drinking is, not just for the physical effect it has, by being drunk, then hungover - but the whole change to our attitude and psyche that addiction makes so it can survive. Telling us to feel guilty, feel incompetent, feel down.....so we go seek out that buzz.

Boy AV....I'm uncovering all the dirty tricks you used and how you transformed me to continue the madness. It really was like being with an abusive partner, telling you you are worthless, til you finally believe it yourself and don't try looking for anything better.

Addiction is a scary thing. But thinking with a clear mind, you slowly pull back the layers of lies that kept you bound. You realise you are a great person, and going back to what you had, would be craziness.
Thank you for this amazing post Crois!

And love and good morning to all of you. ♥
Old 11-06-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Hello everybody.
It was like spring again here. But, the leaves are flying off the trees now.
Wont be long now and we'll be getting some cold weather.

Nice post Crois.
You know, I think alcohol treats everybody different.
The "abusive partner" that alcohol resembled in your life is a little different than I experienced.
Work related stuff always made me angry. Like I never seemed to be satisfied with what I should get. I was kind of self centered. But, I think the worst was not be patient. Everything had to happen now and turn out right the first time. This might have a lot to do with the high blood pressure that the alcohol brought on.
It's nice to have patience to know that if things don't work out today, I'm cool with it taking longer.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:32 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Hi, Bob.

It was very nice here, too.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Snoozums, hope you feel better.
Leshar, glad your Ipad is working. Hope your condo woks out.
Woolfy, hope you get some good sleep and enjoy the weekend. My Pats play the Redskins this weekend.

Dee74 , KeyofC , letitgo , NJKitty , venuscat ,Ladybug,SoberLeigh and anybody I missed.
Hope you all have a wonderful day/night.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Hi, Bob.

It was very nice here, too.
It was like,The Blustery Day with Winnie the Pooh.
The wind was blowing the tops of the trees and leaves were falling all around.