Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 7

Old 01-06-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

I'm not doing well today Kitty.

I have an appointment with my counsellor on Friday. I may even see if I can talk to her on the phone today.

I am feeling very low, I don't even have energy for a short walk. Sorry about the depressing post, I am disappointing everybody that thinks I'm so strong...
Old 01-06-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Sorry Patricia. Have you had blood work done, including hormones and thyroid? No medical advice, but maybe to rule out physical things?

Great milestone Key! Kitty, glad you are doing well.

I'm back to Day 2, buckled under some back to work and husband stress. He is similar to yours Patricia, hard to take constant negativity. Usually I am able to ignore it as I know it's his problem, not mine. It's tough though, I hear you.

I have decided to allow vanity into my play the tape forward for drinking. Big bags and dark circles added to the tape. I also realized since my slips since last October's binge have been short and moderate I started to minimize them in my head, that slippery slope. I know better. Anxiety, bags, circles, and sweats don't happen to normal drinkers after a couple of beers or wine, so that's telling, right? Lots of belly breathing today.

We are having a big storm so I'm going out front in a raincoat to slosh around to feel close to nature. That always helps me.

Take care all
Old 01-06-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

KEY!! CONGRATS!! What an inspiration.

Hope you feel better soon Patricia.

Sadie, we have to change our mindset! Somehow, we have to take alcohol, in any form, simply off of the option list.

I joined the January class too, thinking I need the constant help of newbies. But it's funny...I don't have any of the early symptoms this time. It's just like I woke up and I'm back to day 117. Well I know that's ridiculous, but I'm glad to report that the many days I racked up before are paying off and helping me out again. Today is day 6.

Ya know, it's funny how many Augustables are in the new January class. Maybe that's normal. It just seemed curious.

Have a great evening all.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Hey, I joined the December class too with my recent slip. I say we take as much help as we can get!!!

Patricia you are sober now right? After my last slip in December I spent 2 FULL days in bed, with terrible depression, anxiety, and almost terror. And the next few days were not peachy, either. I didn't even drink to oblivion that time (meaning, I could definitely have drank much more than I did.) I know that as I age the negative impacts of alcohol are only increasing....

hang in there, as long as you are no longer imbibing, it WILL pass. I promise!!!!
Old 01-06-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Sadie don't be ashamed about wanting to take care of your body and wanting to look your best! I too am grateful that eliminating alcohol is the best way to keep myself hydrated and my skin looking great no shame in that.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hiya Key - good to see you

D
Old 01-06-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Key, congrats! 160 days is fantastic!

Patricia, Sadie, Benice, Kitty - I'm thinking about you and sending you good vibes. Stay strong!
Old 01-06-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Just keep getting up and trying again all! Add to the plan each time.

Patricia, I admire you for trying again and again so am not disappointed. I like Sadie's idea of bloodwork although you are carrying a damn heavy load.

Hang tough everyone!
Old 01-06-2016, 07:45 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

I have an appointment with the naturopathic doctor at the end of the month. I know she wants to do some hormones test, but she wanted me to quit benzos first as they can mess up with your tests. So I only have 3 weeks to go and then we'll see.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:50 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay with us Patricia - you're definitely back on the right road

D
Old 01-06-2016, 07:52 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

I am disappointed with my counselor though. I called her in tears today and she kept telling me that I need to convince my husband to go to couples counselling...I told her at least three times before that my husband refuses to go. I can't force him to go and she keeps telling me to ask him. I feel like I'm running around in circles with her. I would love to work on my confidence and self esteem, and she doesn't seem to understand that this is what I need. I'm frustrated. I'm thinking of seeing a different counselor but that would mean starting from scratch, telling my story all over again...I'm confused...
Old 01-06-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Stay with us Patricia - you're definitely back on the right road

D
I'm not leaving SR until I post my 1 year sober post Dee. I know I'm a pain in the back, bear with me
Old 01-06-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nooooo I don't need any more pain in my back Patricia

You're not a pain and I know we'll both see that thread one day D
Old 01-06-2016, 08:44 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I am disappointed with my counselor though. I called her in tears today and she kept telling me that I need to convince my husband to go to couples counselling...I told her at least three times before that my husband refuses to go. I can't force him to go and she keeps telling me to ask him. I feel like I'm running around in circles with her. I would love to work on my confidence and self esteem, and she doesn't seem to understand that this is what I need. I'm frustrated. I'm thinking of seeing a different counselor but that would mean starting from scratch, telling my story all over again...I'm confused...
Hmmmm.. we are married to the same guy. I stopped my counselor for partly that reason, focusing on my marriage and not what I was there for, to stop drinking. Not even for $10 mil. would my spouse go to counseling! Way to go with naturopath appt!!
Old 01-06-2016, 09:05 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Irk Patricia, it does sound like you need to find a different counselor. Not fun.

Stay with us lady. I so love your "never give up" attitude. You so live this.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Yes time for a new counselor. The good thing about you Patricia, is your attitude! No matter how down you get, you've got a very strong fight in you. You can Stay strong like this. You will make it out of this temporary setback and be stronger when finished. You can do this!

Best wishes.

Olivia
Old 01-07-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

I booked an appointment with a new counselor. And a doctor's appointment next week.

I had a drink today.The anxiety and depression were overwhelming. When I phoned my old counsellor she didn't seem to understand my problem. It felt like she was in a rush to go somewhere. I hope this new counsellor can help me.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:51 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

It does sound like you needed to find another counselor Patricia. I so, so hope this new one is more helpful. Can you get a walk or a youtube breathing exercise in?

I'm trying to get out of the house by 1:00 as acedia (spiritual/mental sloth) starts hitting about then - ugh. How are the rest of you doing?
Old 01-07-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Thank you Bekindalways. I'm seeing a new counselor in a week. I need to remind myself that the panic is just a feeling and that it doesn't mean I'm in danger. My mind is playing tricks right now, I'm so glad I'm part of this class. You guys are so understanding
Old 01-07-2016, 08:45 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Hey All, I'm hoping everyone is doing alright.

My micro-successes of the day: unloaded all the junk from the truck that will be sold and put shelf liner on shelves.

Didn't manage any exercise so need to make it a priority tomorrow.