Notices

Class of October 2015 Part 3

Old 10-26-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Bump
Old 10-26-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Thanks for the bump, Chick! Seems quiet in our class today!

I'm going to have to sign off. Packing to get on a plane in just a few.

This is the end of Day 3. It will probs be Tue late evening before I can check in again.

I sure appreciate having this community. The next few days are going to be trying. Not so much being away on bizness, but fact that days 4-7 have not been my best, since getting serious about this. I'll check in.

Take care of yourselves!!
Old 10-26-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Today has been difficult. I started craving a beer around 3, it has been tough. I'm hanging on. I'm very determined to quit.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Still here, end of day 9, double digits tomorrow! Today was mostly difficult because I started this no caffeine/no grain/no dairy diet. No fun! I'm going to give it a try, but if I have to put it on the back burner at some point I will. Sobriety is more important right now, and it's still new. I don't necessarily want to pile on TOO many challenges.
In bed already, totally pooped. Tea on nightstand.
Good night all! We can do this.
NACN
Old 10-26-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

This afternoon I found a big bottle of beer in back of the fridge.
I opened it, poured it out first thing, before I could go back on it. Weekend was so bad, depression wise, didn't want to even try to dissuade myself with an AV. Just want to feel better and that wasn't gonna do ANYTHING but make a problem.
Wish I was that resolute all the time, but hey -- I'll take what I can get, right??
Can't sleep
Old 10-26-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Juno, thinking of you! Take care and we hope to see you back when you're ready.
Bixbee, I hope you have a great and sober trip! Check in when you can please!
Congrats to everybody powering through their day- whether it came easy or was very difficult. You did it, and that is awesome!!!
So I gotta be honest, days 30 - 34 I have physically felt pretty yucky. Constant headache and nausea off and on. Why do I feel bad!? I don't know! It is annoying. What does make sense to me is that after years of drinking and drug abuse, one month is not long enough to heal. I'll be patient. Drinking is not going to make me feel any better. So I'm not going to drink today.
Wishing everyone a restful nights sleep! Sounds like a lot of us could use it : )
Old 10-26-2015, 08:36 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

End of day 3. I'm reading in bed and drinking some bedtime tea. So glad to have another sober day!
See you all tomorrow!
Old 10-26-2015, 08:47 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Down with day 9 and I'm feeling fine. I got up early today and rode the spin bike for 15 minutes before heading off to work. I didn't have any cravings today, even when my wife poured herself a glass of wine. I do think about alcohol a lot throughput the day, not sure why, still early I guess. Makes me wonder if I will ever have a day when I don't think about alcohol. I physically feel pretty good, no more bloating, guts back on track. I am drinking a lot more coffee and caffeine beverages as of late, still safer than beer in my honest opinion. Stay strong you guys, we can do this. Take care Juno, looking forward to seeing you back when you feel better.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:57 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Day 1 is over. Guess I'm part of this crew, if you will have me.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by C23 View Post
Day 1 is over. Guess I'm part of this crew, if you will have me.
Welcome C23!
Old 10-26-2015, 10:07 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Welcome C23!! Glad to have you join us : )
Old 10-26-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Welcome C23, glad you're here.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:59 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

horrible day at work and could so easily have a drink or 20..stressed, grumpy , angry and simply over this whole thing.. d Day 22 coming to an end. cooking dinner and an early night..
Old 10-27-2015, 01:20 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Thanks

Originally Posted by grizzlybearblue View Post

Turningleaf, glad to hear something good came out of the scary meeting! That reminded me of when I was doing IOP 2 years ago and had to go to meetings. I kept getting hit on at the meetings, and my twisted mind used it as an excuse to tell everybody I should stop going to meetings altogether. I stopped going, started drinking and doing drugs again bad, and didn't make another real attempt at sobriety again for 2 years. Glad to hear you came up with an alternative plan a lot sooner than I did : ) I started going back to meetings this week, and I have met some really nice people. I've gotten phone numbers, people to ride to a meeting with, invites for lunch, dinner, coffee, cookouts, you name it! I don't have that much free time, but the acceptance from them has been really nice.
Thanks, Grizzly! I like that you went back and met some nice people! I have avoided the scary meeting and have attended others that are a bit further away. Tonight I am going to a meeting for women only with a friend. I am eager to find out how that goes. I am going to start looking for a sponsor, and that seems a good place to find one.

I appreciate your words.

Old 10-27-2015, 01:46 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Hello!

Can't sleep so am catching up here.

Juno, even if you are not posting but are reading, I just want to say that you have been so supportive of others, and now I am glad you are taking the time to support yourself and work through your issues with your daughter.

Today is day 12 for me. My body and especially my brain are still adjusting, so I have been all over emotionally, but for the most part, life has been spectacular.

I've been getting out and riding my bike a lot - over 100 miles last week. But even so, I have not lost a single pound! Oh well, I can't expect instant gratification...that was what got me into this mess in the first place.

Congratulations to everyone and my admiration goes out to those who pick themselves up after a fall. I've fallen a thousand times myself, hope to continue to stay upright!
Old 10-27-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Juno I hope things good for for you ! Good thoughts to you.
C23 welcome-
Old 10-27-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Hi guys - wanted to say hi!!! I guess I wasn't gone for that long. Just needed a little breather to deal with things with my daughter. We're working through them. Parenting of teens is a tough business. I'm looking forward to reading back through posts today and see how all around doing - hopefully well!

I saw a psychiatrist yesterday - he was really nice and understanding. I went through my whole story re: alcohol with him and it was nice not to have to sugar coat anything. He was non-judgmental so that helped a lot! Other times when I have seen doctors or therapists I have felt the need to adjust the truth a bit because I was ashamed and embarrassed about my drinking. This time I was honest and it felt great. A doctor dedicated just for me and to help me and to help me get over drinking.

After spending about 2 hours with him talking, he seemed to conclude that the biggest impediment to my happiness and well being is alcohol. We discussed different medications and I've started on Campral last night. I will let you all know how it goes for me.

Day 17 today
Old 10-27-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Yay, Juno!! Sounds like you're really dealing with things head on.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Day 15: Lots to do today and none of it seem very exciting. It's mostly paperwork that I've been trying to ignore because it stresses me out to an insane degree. But it's going to get done and I'm going to be sober while doing it. That's the best I can say for today. Good luck today, everyone.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Hey Team,

I'm back after stumbling and drinking for the last 5 days. I received really bad news about a family member on Thursday (health related, still in the CICU) and I drank to "cope." Wish I hadn't, but I did.