Notices

Class of October 2015 Part 3

Old 10-24-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Administrator

Noone in this group is annoying

Seriously, we all understand - we understand the addiction and the feelings of self consciousness that come with it.

Everyone here is part of this thread family, and the wider SR family too
We want to hear your stories, your dreams and your struggles. We want to help.

we love family .

D
Old 10-24-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I'm just checking In , I kind of have to force myself to post something.
I'm on day 4 and I'm trying to keep busy. When I start thinking about drinking a beer, I distract myself with another activity.
I have been playing with my dogs, practicing yoga, reading Everything Mind, and eating Almond Joys. I'm so glad I purchased the ten pack.
I'm glad sr is here.
Thank you for posting everyone! Midton and juno11 I definitely can relate to you.
Welcome Chick Chick and Sadie
Old 10-24-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Sunday morning and day 50. Feeling much more positive than last night.

Last night proved a point to myself. It showed that as much as I want the escape of drinking I want to be sober more. Yes, I want both, can't have them though. It is going to take a lot to get me to take that first drink.

And it seems I have a new strategy. That being, always order water first, drink it before deciding what to do next. Time always seems to be an ally.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Chick

Honestly anyone who's not sure what a plan is, or what it might look like for them - this is a great link:

https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/conten...0/SMA-3720.pdf

D
Old 10-24-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Administrator

Last night proved a point to myself. It showed that as much as I want the escape of drinking I want to be sober more. Yes, I want both, can't have them though. It is going to take a lot to get me to take that first drink.
I'm really pumped to read that Midton

D
Old 10-24-2015, 07:48 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back Chick

Honestly anyone who's not sure what a plan is, or what it might look like for them - this is a great link:

https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/conten...0/SMA-3720.pdf

D
I downloaded this, and it really is good material. Need to really implement it.

Ok, October classmates. I am at the end of Day 1, heading for bed in just a few minutes. I really did nothing today. I mean nothing. Sat. Cried. Surfed SR.

A friend took me to dinner. I am really not yet hungry, and kind of just played with my food. It was very good to get out, though, and to think and talk about other things happening in the world and in her life.

I plan to check in here tomorrow morning with a plan for the day. The people on SR are amazing. Such help.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

I made it though day 1 also. Lots of anxiety this afternoon. I had a great evening with friends and family though. Glad that got me out of my head for a while.
I will reread through making a plan tomorrow. I am contemplating a meeting on Monday. I am ready to do what it takes. The thought of cravings coming soon have me quite anxious.
Looking forward to tomorrow though. I will be posting in the 24 hour thread and gratitude threads also.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone. In approximately 30 minutes, I will have 21 days (3 weeks) sober, and 10 days without a cigarette or any type of nicotine. But I still have work to do; the feeling of being deprived still rattles around my head, and I know I need to extinguish that illusion in order to sustain my sobriety.

I am still practicing mindful meditation 2x daily and reading a number of books about sobriety (right now, Jason Vale's Kick the Drink . . . Easily and Jack Trimpey's Rational Recovery: The New Cure for Substance Addiction), and they both have helped keep me on point. I am still interested in Buddhist philosophy (but not so much the metaphysical side of Buddhism), but I haven't kept up with my reading on the subject. I hope to restart that again very soon.

I hope everyone enjoys what remains of the weekend, and please stay strong. We can all do this; I truly believe that.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

End of day 7! I made it through a week! I never thought I could have done this. And I couldn't have done it without the support of all of you here.

Today had its moments of difficulty. After the gym I felt a real pang for a drink. Is that weird? I always either go for or have a drink after the gym. Moments of anxiety and feeling depressed. But it was all good. Had take out pizza and watched a movie with my daughter! Hot cocoa on the night stand. Bye to day 7.
Good night! We can do this.
NACN
Old 10-24-2015, 09:03 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on a week Need

I think it will probably be a little longer before that post gym association is broken for goods, but you're doing well
Old 10-24-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Needachangenow View Post
End of day 7! I made it through a week! I never thought I could have done this. And I couldn't have done it without the support of all of you here.

Today had its moments of difficulty. After the gym I felt a real pang for a drink. Is that weird? I always either go for or have a drink after the gym. Moments of anxiety and feeling depressed. But it was all good. Had take out pizza and watched a movie with my daughter! Hot cocoa on the night stand. Bye to day 7.
Good night! We can do this.
NACN
Well done on 7 days.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:17 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Resolutely Staying Sober ODAAT

Thumbs up Today

Well, I turned down my first beer that was offered to me today. It wasn't too bad actually, most likely due to the fact I was with people whom I have not really gotten to know yet.

I was offered a position at our local volunteer fire department, and I am really looking forward to getting onto that crew! However, like every other VFD that I have been around, I am sure that BBQ and beer are a staple within that community. Oh well, I guess if I start out with them as the "sober guy" it won't be too much of a problem.

Now if I could only start getting my caloric intake under control...
Old 10-24-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks for your service Nuke - the firies have my admiration
You'll be ready for anything sober - thats a good thing

D
Old 10-24-2015, 09:25 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Resolutely Staying Sober ODAAT

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
thanks for your service Nuke - the firies have my admiration
You'll be ready for anything sober - thats a good thing

D
Yep, I can be on call whenever now!
Old 10-24-2015, 09:44 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Day 12: Checking in after a busy and sober Saturday. Lots to stress about, but I'm trying not to let it get to me.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:46 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Woo hoo I'm still sober! I'm excited! I got out and did things that were healthy, spent time around people instead of isolating, didn't sleep all day, saw some beautiful autumn leaves ... What a good feeling is to do the right things and be nice to myself for a change! I'll take it!
Old 10-24-2015, 10:55 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Up at 1 am, not normal but normally drinking lots on a weekend.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:08 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Just checking in, day 7 completed, 1 week, feels good. Got out today for a nice 19 mile bike ride, then went to my brothers house to watch the Husky, Stanford game. Everyone was drinking but me, even made a beer run for everyone, lol. I tried three different flavor of San Pellegrino sparkling fruit drinks that were awesome, I really like the the lemon and grapefruit flavors. Unfortunately my Huskies lost, oh well, excited to wake up without a hangover tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've cleared all the alcohol out of the house, ready to have my day 1 tomorrow. I'm excited and looking forward to recovering.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:42 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Layali View Post
Hi everyone. I haven't posted because I feel like that annoying one that everyone dislikes but won't say so out loud....I don't know if it's my anxiety talking or if it's real.

sa!!
Hand on heart I actually enjoy your posts. I have a problem with the volume too. Many posts/posters blend together at the start, including yours truly, but, at least for me, you're one of the more distinct posters. Post away I'm certainly reading.