Notices

Class of October 2015 Part 3

Old 10-25-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Good morning - Day 15. Had a great night's sleep and some wonderful dreams where I was living in an apartment with a favorite celebrity! Score!!

So yesterday I had a weak moment - not about alcohol, but about Facebook. I am quitting both together - both are very addictive and unhealthy. Last night my AV tried to convince me to reactivate my Facebook account. It said something like this, "You should log on. Now that you're not drinking, Facebook will be healthy and fun." I almost did it, but then a nagging voice inside of me reminded me how for me it's unhealthy, I waste too much time on there and start worrying about what other people are doing instead of focusing on what I need to do. So I didn't reactivate and today is the day it is gone forever. Yay!!!

I enjoy organizing projects. Yesterday I tackled a couple (organizing bank and IRA statements into binders and setting up benefits information for work AND cleaning out all my workout/yoga clothes and getting rid of stuff I don't wear anymore). It felt great and I'm excited to keep doing this. I love cleaning out and getting things organized. We'll see what I can tackle today.

Have a great sober Sunday!!
Old 10-25-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

I remember Dee once said not to underestimate the sneakiness of an alcoholic voice (AV). Maybe, just maybe, my AV is so sneaky that it saw Facebook as a "back door opening" to get me to drink again. Could it really be that smart? Because drinking and Facebook are linked for me and maybe my AV is feeling a little desperate because I'm successfully not drinking and is coming up with 'creative ways' to get me back in the game. Just a thought.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Day 8 for me! Yay! I'm pretty excited that I made it through my first week.

Welcome, Chick and SansaS! Have a great Sunday, everyone!
Old 10-25-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Juno, that very well could be the case. AV is indeed very sneaky! Good for you for not giving in. Facebook is getting less and less interesting to me. You are really not missing anything!
Way to go Dobie! Day 8! It's nice to have a week under the belt, isn't it??
Today I am lounging around this morning. Headed to the supermarket to stock up on food for a new sugar, grain, and dairy free diet I am going to try to start tomorrow (I know...insane!!) Then home to watch some football and hopefully a run this afternoon. Then to get me and the kids ready for the week at school!
Have a great Sunday everyone!!
Old 10-25-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Resolutely Staying Sober ODAAT

Originally Posted by Juno11 View Post
I remember Dee once said not to underestimate the sneakiness of an alcoholic voice (AV). Maybe, just maybe, my AV is so sneaky that it saw Facebook as a "back door opening" to get me to drink again. Could it really be that smart? Because drinking and Facebook are linked for me and maybe my AV is feeling a little desperate because I'm successfully not drinking and is coming up with 'creative ways' to get me back in the game. Just a thought.
Mrs. Nuke and I got off of FB completely about a year ago. It was hard at first, but now it doesn't bother us at all. There was too much drama associated with that site, and it was from a bunch of people who I really didn't care about, nor did I want to really hear about what they were doing. The only thing that I really miss about it is the information sites, and when I am trying to sell something, but oh well, my life is better without it!
Old 10-25-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hi all. I'm looking forward to this day 2. I slept in a bit more than I ment to today. It was so sweet of hubby to let me!
I've got normally Sunday chores to do this morning to get us ready for the up coming week. Also need to get the kids stuff ready for everyday of red ribbon week. DD and I need to do a bit of shopping for her this afternoon.
I will also work on my plan today. And I am still thinking and praying about going to a meeting tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Good morning all. After broken and restless sleep, I fell deep around 7am and just got up. It is a beautiful dappled morning here. Coffee just finished making, and I'm looking at a big empty day ahead. My job is to fill it with health. Reporting for duty!
Old 10-25-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Mrs. Nuke and I got off of FB completely about a year ago. It was hard at first, but now it doesn't bother us at all. There was too much drama associated with that site, and it was from a bunch of people who I really didn't care about, nor did I want to really hear about what they were doing. The only thing that I really miss about it is the information sites, and when I am trying to sell something, but oh well, my life is better without it!
Agreed - 100%!! I realized I was focusing waaayyy to much energy on other folks, folks I haven't even seen since high school, when I really should be focusing my energy on the people who are around me right now. My kids, my parents, my co-workers, my yoga friends, etc. Sometimes I miss having that outlet for asking general questions like you do, but we learn to cope, right? Life without Facebook is possible and even more rich because you're focusing your energies on the real stuff, the here and now.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Hi all. I'm looking forward to this day 2. I slept in a bit more than I ment to today. It was so sweet of hubby to let me!
I've got normally Sunday chores to do this morning to get us ready for the up coming week. Also need to get the kids stuff ready for everyday of red ribbon week. DD and I need to do a bit of shopping for her this afternoon.
I will also work on my plan today. And I am still thinking and praying about going to a meeting tomorrow.
Chick Chick - I have found one of the great benefits with not drinking is being more organized and on top of things. I can get ready for the week ahead of time, I can know what's going on with the kids' schools, I can prepare better and be ahead of the game. Instead of a night wasted drinking, I'm packing the lunches, filling out forms and getting their clothes ready. Such a HUGE difference!!
Old 10-25-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
Good morning all. After broken and restless sleep, I fell deep around 7am and just got up. It is a beautiful dappled morning here. Coffee just finished making, and I'm looking at a big empty day ahead. My job is to fill it with health. Reporting for duty!
An empty day sounds wonderful! Enjoy and fill it with good things!!!
Old 10-25-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Aaah, Juno, maybe you're inspiring me to start organizing stuff! But not today. I am so bad about organizing at home. I actually get confused and can't find stuff when it's in the right place. I don't iron, but I love the ironing board because it's an extra place to drape clothes. The usual tidying with dishes and vacuuming and stuff I don't mind so much, but the though of actually organizing, I guess because I haven't done it in so long, makes me feel overwhelmed. I can work on that...
So last night was really fun! My kiddo and I watched Monster Squad then went to a haunted house put on by the local police force (they did a great job!) then went to sonic where he got ice cream and I got a strawberry vanilla sprite. It was good, I really recommend it. It was a really nice experience- something that I was able to do because I hadn't been drinking from the time I got up like I used to do on Saturdays. I am really looking forward to doing more things like that with my son!!!
Happy sober Sunday everyone!! And welcome to our new people! You've found a great place : )
Old 10-25-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Grizzly, that sounds like a PERFECT night. I love doing things with my kids!

I meant to congratulate you on 30 days - that is AMAZING!!!

So for organizing, I know some of the experts may disagree on this - but I find picking a SMALL project, one small project at a time, is the way to go. That way I don't get overwhelmed and the success of it fuels me to want to do more! Pick one are of the house or even one drawer to start. It is overwhelming if you take on too much!
Old 10-25-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
Congratulations Grizzly on 30 days! Awesome!
Juno11, I go back and forth on FB. I took the app off my phone so it's not so easily accessible. It is a HUGE waste of time. I keep it to stay in touch with my long lost cousins mainly. That is our way of keeping in touch and for that reason alone I keep it. I like to see all their children and to see what is going on in their lives. There is no drama on mine... Except my dad and his political views.. He is the Christian, gun lover who HATES a lot of politicians... Oh the hypocrisy ...but he is 74 and quite funny... Whatever floats your boat dad.
Happy Sunday, have a good one!
Old 10-25-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Congrats on all the sober days guys. I am 21 days today. Unbelievable that I gone 3 weeks sober. I have had to go through life's normal ups and downs during this time and to deal with it all sober.
My new normal is better than it was 3 weeks ago. I am learning to enjoy it day by day. Sober isn't scary anymore on the contrary it is finally starting to give me that inner peace I was craving for so long.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

I can't believe you are already 21, Sydneyman. Awesome!! My sincere congratulations!! So glad you are here with us!
Old 10-25-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Thanx Bixbee,, Yes 21 days and its gone quick...Couldn't do this without you and the rest of the gang. Have a great new week guys, on my way to work. My boss must seriously think there is something wrong with me. My third Monday in a row at work without calling in sick..
Old 10-25-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope everyone had a nice sober weekend wishing everyone a good week ahead
Old 10-25-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Juno11 View Post
I'm not sure It's smart - It's a pretty basic visceral thing that screams feed me now - but It is cunning.

If you can think it, It's thought it too.

D
Old 10-25-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

My 1st full week down!!! Yay!!! Well done to everyone on their sober milestones!!! Looking forward 2 another fresh wk!!!!☺☺💕
Old 10-25-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Congrats loulou!!