# 301 (permalink)  

FF,
Glad you are back with us.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

FacingFuture, so sorry to hear about your family member. Hang in there *hugs*
Old 10-27-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Heya guys..checking in. Hope everyone is doing well. If not, brush off and go again with a bigger plan that will work better.
I am well. Nothing new to report..when my trucker is home I spend all the time I can with him. Been busier at work lately too. Stay strong and sober...keep on guys, I believe in you! Some of you are doing wonderful, congratulations! I pray the others find peace and something that sticks in your sobriety! I pray for you all! (Hug)
Old 10-27-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Hi guys!
Haven't had much of a chance to check in today, it's been pretty busy...So, I have tried this diet of no caffeine, no grains, no dairy. I am thinking it's no go for me lol! I am finding it almost more difficult than the drinking. I am so cranky and just not feeling great. Actually I think I am OK with the caffeine, I am just not thrilled without bread or eggs. I will see if I can adapt it a bit, but I don't want to jeopardize my work getting sober by trying to do too much too soon.
Day 10!! So happy.
We can do this.
NACN
Old 10-27-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Needachange.. I quit sugar, wheat, grains and booze all at the same time. Its tough but feeling good. On day 23 now with plenty of ups and downs on the way though. Losing weight which keeps me even further motivated to keep going..
Old 10-27-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Eggs aren't dairy, so you can eat them.

Maybe try to wean yourself off one thing at a time...? Try getting in protein and healthy fats - they can help to keep you more full and satisfied. I know how hard it is to cut out certain foods. I've had to do that too!
Old 10-27-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Layali, for some reason the plan I was following said no eggs. I actually don't miss the milk, or even cheese (I have been using almond milk in my tea). So maybe if I allow eggs back in it would be OK. Just a hard boiled egg at breakfast. So, maybe I can do this! Just adapt it a bit.
Sydneyman, that's amazing! How much weight have you lost?
I have had great success in the past with just a calorie counting app I use, My Fitness Pal. Lost a ton of weight about a year ago doing that. So, if this still keeps me frustrated, I may just go back to that. And I do keep active, walking or running every day. So I've been frustrated with weight gain AFTER I quit the drink!
Old 10-27-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Need I have lost 16lbs in 23 days..remember I am a guy, 6.2ft tall
Old 10-27-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Needachangenow: I did a 2 week "healthy eating cleanse" like that once. No gluten, no sugar, no caffeine, no dairy - mostly fruits, veggies and water. I did well for about 3 days and started to get depressed. Really depressed. I missed my coffee in the mornings more than anything. I was so depressed that I had to add back coffee before anything else and kind of cheated near the end of the 14 days. That's tough stuff and I don't blame you if you have to bail, especially right now when you're trying to quit a very dangerous substance.

I just wanted to say that I'm doing very well, aside from my teen's problems, but I personally am doing well. I know it might be too soon to notice the effects of the Campral, but I do feel different. Different in a good way. More at peace. When I was driving home at around 5:30 when normally a drink would enter my mind, I suddenly noticed - nothing. No thoughts, no urges, no cravings, nothing. Of course this is only my first day on it, but that's what I noticed.

I'm going to my SMART meeting tonight and am feeling really upbeat about my recovery, for once. Day 17 successful (just ate dinner). Later, all!
Old 10-27-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

FacingFuture, I'm sorry to hear about the bad news with your family. I hope he or she can make a full recovery. You're trying again after a slip, and that's what counts- never stop trying. Hang in there, and I hope things get better soon!!
Juno, your post reminded me that I didn't think about drinking after work today. Thanks! I got off work a little early, but drinking did not occur to me. What I am trying to figure out is how much time I have to run before I go to a meeting. Wow, that's progress. Alright! Glad you had a good day today!
Thanks to everybody for their posts. They are keeping me strong and motivated.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:32 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

So, it's the end of 10, and today was a hard day. I had to stay up way late last night to pick my son up from a band contest, so I didn't get much sleep. I'm tired and irritable, and all I can think about is drinking wine. I know it must be because I'm so darned tired, but it's annoying. I'm going to bed early, and hopefully tomorrow will be easier.

FacingFuture, I'm sorry to hear about your loved one and the drinking. Glad you're here though.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Wow,
Y'all are really healthy eaters ! I'm on the cheese/pickle cleanse program. I'm using it to clean out everything else, because...... H-ll, I don't know. They're my real vices !
Hey, it used to be BBQ Fritos.
Before that, corned beef hash on crackers, ( USMC holdover).
Sorry, hillbillies eat terrible, I suppose
Sober, though
Gnite folks
Old 10-27-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. Wanted to join the class.. I've been a member in the past on here but decided to begin anew. So here I am. Day 2. After a weekend of drinking. Still feelin' the effects somewhat and definitely didn't miss it. I don't really know why I drank but I do remember having that inner battle of should I or shouldn't I? The AV won this time but I'm determined and will not give up.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Welcome Totes! You will find a great group here. definitely don't give up, you can do it!
Dobie, I'm sorry it was a tough day. Good for you for staying the course. Hopefully a good night's sleep will help you feel better tomorrow.
Juno, yeah, I think that's it, it's making me depressed. And REALLY cranky. And I don't even drink coffee! I get it from tea. I don't know why I chose a cleanse now, probably not the best idea.
FF, I'm so sorry for your family. I know how stressful that can be. Don't beat yourself up, keep coming here and keep at it. One slip is not the end. You can do this.
So, end of day 10. In bed, chamomile tea on the nightstand.
Good night all. We can do this.
NACN
Old 10-27-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Thanks Need. I begin a new job Monday and I want to be fresh. Halloween may be somewhat of a challenge but I think I'm just going to lay low. Chamomile /SleepyTime tea is what I'm going to reach for tonight as well. Have a great night!
Old 10-27-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

So I just had a really big craving After the meeting. It was a women's only meditation meeting and to put it bluntly I thought it sucked. So I get home and I'm starting dinner late because I went to the meeting but first I have to clean up a mess I didn't have time for because of the meeting. I was feeling disappointed and overwhelmed and it was building its way up to anger and I really wanted wine to deal with it. I guess the meditation practiced at the meeting is lost on me for now. This is the biggest craving I have had in weeks. For a few minutes there I thought I could not not do it. I grabbed a sprite, was saying "please God don't let me do it," and got on here to vent. The craving has passed, I'm not going to drink tonight, but that was hard. Still cranky. Thanks for letting me vent.
Welcome, Totes!
Old 10-27-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Day 2 is done. Watched 2 different sports and enjoyed some San Pelligrino (treating myself from club soda). It was great! Lets keep it going everyone!
Old 10-27-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

End of day 4. Yay.
I really want to reply to you all but I am just beat. It will have to wait until tomorrow.
Grizzly great job on not caving and drinking. I hope tomorrow is easier.

Night all!
Old 10-27-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

What's up guys! Day 10 and going strong, not much cravings either, do think of booze a lot. I think about the future and if I will ever have the idea to moderate, scares me to think about it, but I can't help it, for now it is no way near an option. I picked up a book for the kindle called "Rewired" gonna give it a shot, avoided the paperback, didn't need the awkward stares and questions, seems like a good read so far. I need to get to the root of my issues. Didn't workout today but did manage to get some yard work done. Wishing all of you well! Keep up the good work! And for those who slip, get back on that horse!
Old 10-27-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by grizzlybearblue View Post
So I just had a really big craving After the meeting. It was a women's only meditation meeting and to put it bluntly I thought it sucked. So I get home and I'm starting dinner late because I went to the meeting but first I have to clean up a mess I didn't have time for because of the meeting. I was feeling disappointed and overwhelmed and it was building its way up to anger and I really wanted wine to deal with it. I guess the meditation practiced at the meeting is lost on me for now. This is the biggest craving I have had in weeks. For a few minutes there I thought I could not not do it. I grabbed a sprite, was saying "please God don't let me do it," and got on here to vent. The craving has passed, I'm not going to drink tonight, but that was hard. Still cranky. Thanks for letting me vent.
Welcome, Totes!

Gooooood work, Griz!!!! Fabulous!!!