Notices

Class of October 2015 Part 3

Old 10-25-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Saying g'night.
I've slept a lot today but I am going to bed soon. It is only, like 6:30pm here! I will be traveling on business some this week. Right now I can hardly imagine being "on stage" for a trip, at this point in things. Just exhausted.

No cravings, no problems, just tired.
Old 10-25-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Beeme are you still here?
If you want a tarot reading still, PM me your question!
I think there was another person who wanted a reading too, if so send on a message xoxo.
I hope everyone is well!
Old 10-25-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Hi I just wanted to say I'm not doing well emotionally. I feel like I'm doomed. I had this wonderful daughter 16 years ago and she had so much promise and intelligence and she has royally f'cked up her life. I'm sad tonight. To be honest, I haven't wanted to drink at all. I know it would make me sadder and sick and all that, so I'm not doing that to myself. That's one good thing. Day 15. And I've learned a lot and know that drinking would be my downfall and I need to be strong and clear headed. So that's what I'm doing. My dream was to have a wonderful daughter. She has been nothing but heartache, headache and trouble for the last few years. I hope and pray my sons will be easier. Even the one with autism. Yes, I can handle him. Sorry guys, but just so sad right now. Maybe I'll be able to cry? It's hard for me to cry.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Bless your heart, Juno. Don't don't don't pick up. Sounds like you are quite clear on that. That is all I know. That, and it seems 99 times out of 100, against any odds, the kid comes out all right. I'd lay money on your daughter's future.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Thanks BixBees, I'm going to bed soon. Not picking up. Wouldn't help anything at all. Night folks.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Juno, I know where you're coming from. You just want the best for your daughter, for her to be happy and lead a normal, fun life. It breaks my heat what my daughter is going through. I see her friends doing all the things she should be doing. She has dreams too but is unlikely to ever achieve them. I'm at a total loss.

We can only live in hope. You hear stories all the time of people who had really difficult times during their teens but who eventually overcame them and prospered.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Congrats to all of you so many days and weeks strung together. It helps so much knowing you all are beating alcohol.

Juno I'm sorry you are having a rough night. I hope things look up even a little for you tomorrow.

End of day 2 here. I ended up having a really full day, just got home and crawled in bed. I am glad I was busy and that I had to drive 4 hours this evening so drinking wasn't an option because boy AV was a pain all afternoon.

Looking forward to waking up once again tomorrow without a hangover!
Old 10-25-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

BOOM! Done with day 8 and I feel great. Been having very vivid and strange dreams lately, and usually waking up a couple times a night, but sleep well overall. Didn't exercise today, wished I would have.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:13 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Guys I'm taking a short break from posting here and coming back when I feel better. Please don't worry about me - I'm going strong in my sobriety and seeing a psychiatrist tomorrow (actually today) to ask for additional help from him to keep this going. I'm also in contact with some SMART Recovery folks. I'm just very drained and need a lil break from posting. But I promise I'll be back when feeling more upbeat. Take care in the meantime.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:57 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Take care, Juno. Feel better!

So the weekend was pretty boring with nothing going on. It rained most of the weekend, so my son's band contest (which I always look forward to) was postponed to today (a workday, meaning I won't be able to go). I'd say 99% of the things I do for fun involve the outdoors, so I was REALLY bored this weekend. Thankfully, I really didn't have many urges to drink; I only remember one, and that was when my husband was being a butt. Funny how him being a butt makes me want some wine...

Anyway, on to the workweek. It's going to be a busy one! Keep strong everyone!
Old 10-26-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Juno, we will miss you. Take care of yourself and hope to hear from you soon.
So, last night I fell asleep before I got to report my tea on my bed stand! But I got to bed really early (10:30, early for me!) Because today is my 5:30 AM morning I am NOT a morning person! To make it worse, today I am starting a caffeine free, grain free and dairy free diet. Ugh. But it's OK so far.
Day 9 of sobriety! Can't wait for double digits tomorrow!
Have a great day everyone! We can do this.
NACN
Old 10-26-2015, 05:57 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Hope everyone had a nice weekend
Old 10-26-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Day 3.
Horrible nightmare last night. I'm looking forward to good sleep kicking in sometime soon.
Feeling lazy today. I need to get myself going though.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Wanted to share that my Mom came out for the weekend. I always worry when she visits. We've never had a good relationship and I am sure that they way I was treated as a child from her and my Dad have a lot to do with how my inside feelings have played out over the years. I have spent my adult life sorting through the baggage left behind from a young child, learning to deal with the insecurities and issues they implanted into my very impressionable mind. She is usually a huge trigger person for me. I usually have to drink before I get home to knock off the feelings that erupt knowing she's there. She has been in Al-Anon since I was a child, always hooking up with alcoholic boyfriends that end up being her husband. Two of those. The current one has just been her mate over the past 24 years and boy is he a piece of art.
Anyway I guess I am telling you this is to say, today things are different for me. Today I know I choose how this affects me. I am facing the issues, dealing with them (or not), forgiving and moving on. I chose to let go of that resentment. I don't want any more excuses. I don't need those types of things in my tool box. I don't need reasons to drink. I want reasons to NOT drink.
I am learning to like who I am. Although my childhood had everything to do with me...all that crap wasn't about me or because of me. I am left to deal with the aftermath, yes. It's not going to beat me. Today I know who I am.
I hope you all find this strength in you. I pray you do. We all have reasons to drink. You choose if you do it or not.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, Key. You do have the strength and the tools to be yourself and do it sober!
Old 10-26-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Day 14: Had a wonderful, productive, and sober weekend. The stress of facing a new week is starting to mount, but I'm committed to pushing through it without the help of a crutch. Health is still a major source of stress, but, again, trying to deal with it in a productive way.

Welcome to all those Day 1ers (even if you're just lurking)! Day 1 can be a nightmare (so can days 2-14 for that matter), but stick with your sobriety. It's the only way to break the cycle that ends up with you checking out this site again on your next Day 1. You can do this!
Old 10-26-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Hi, classmates... I think I forgot to do my morning check-in here, although I have been on SR a lot already today. In fact I have been just full of advice and wisdom and experience from my 2.333 days sober. I hope the long-sober can forgive short-timer enthusiasm. I felt just decent when I woke today (very early) and now feel GREAT. I do know that I am winding up for a crash, if I am not careful. I have no cravings now. If I don't drink I know my mood will even out, since I do not have bipolar to deal with. I feel a little toooo good, but I am sure it will be ok -- if I don't pick up -- so I will check in later.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Day 22.. feeling average today, sort of a down day so this is all I have to say.. soldier on guys!!
Old 10-26-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Hello everybody. I had a great weekend, and having great times with my gkids. I really do love sober time. Thats why it always amazes me when I relapse, cause I really prefer sobriety, as hard as it can be at times. But, so is real life, difficult for us all, in many ways.

Juno, I hope to see you back here when you feel up to it. I understand, sometimes we all need a break. Its not a bad thing. I really understand your upset and disappointment with your daughter as well. My sons life didnt turn out as I had hoped, but I try to look for my blessings in even that, like my sweet gkids.

Key, you have a great perspective on things, and I do enjoy your input. Im so glad your Mom didnt get to you this time. Progress!

Chick, awesome, keep going.
Strong, bic, dobie,need,lookin, mid, u all r doing great too!

And high five to all of our class.Im only reading this page now, will try to catch up later. Hope everyone has a good, sober day.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Just checking in on day 6
Last night I felt very hyper and wanted to have a beer to come down from that a bit, instead I drank 3 cups of chamomile tea. I was not able to go to sleep until about 4. I tried deep breathing and some other relaxation techniques but my mind kept racing. Tonight I'm going to start my tea drinking at 8.