Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 49

Old 11-14-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Morning everyone.

Very sad news in Paris. Hard to understand such hatred.

One day at a time. It was very nice to lay in bed this am. Half awake and not feeling any lingering effects of alcohol.

Waking in the mornings without the thick head is such a wonderful sensation.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday !
Old 11-14-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Hi undies.
Just checking in before wompland
Old 11-14-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Team,

I'm going to slow down if not totally stop posting for a while.

Still be visiting periodically....not sure.

Wondering if all this talk about recovery is causing additional stress. Not that I feel a ton, but the obsession about recovery is something that has gotten old for me. For now...

Want to forget about booze, not talk about it every day.

So, don't think I relapsed. This will be the first place I come if that ever starts to happen.

Thanks for all the help. This place saved my life.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Dizzy, thank you for letting us know! Not uncommonly people drop off and naturally we are concerned about relapse. You have shown much strength and determination. Each of us follows our own unique path. I hope you will pop in occasionally to let us know how you are doing. Meanwhile, I wish the best for you!
Old 11-14-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Di22y,

Heartfelt thanks from me to you, my unknown friend, for sharing and caring.

Go well and be well,

Fradley
Old 11-14-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I can understand Dizzy, there is always someone here ready to listen or talk if ever you need them, keep safe, keep sober x
Old 11-14-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Hi Undies

Dizzy - Good luck! We'll be here if you need us.

Soberjim - Welcome back! It's great you're seeing the benefits of sobriety already.

Fradley - Congrats on 5 months sober! Nothing good ever came of my drinking, but only a fraction of the difficult situations in my life were caused by drinking. Even in sobriety life continues to offer challenging circumstances, people, places and things. Practicing sobriety when things are going along at their regular pace helps me continue practicing sobriety when things get crazy.

Site - Congrats on 6 months. What a wonderful commitment to sobriety to make working on it a part of your daily routine. I enjoy taking time to reflect on my day. It helps me stay balanced.

WWS - Congrats on 2 months! A lot has changed for you in those two months. You've got a solid sober routine going. Keep up they good work.

BoozeFree - Great job saying no to your mom and the rest of your family offering drinks.

Key - I hope your training day went well. How are you doing?

BlueFairy - Isn't is wonderful the opportunities sobriety offers? You get to choose between two different jobs! Weigh your choices carefully. I changed careers a year ago at 9 months sober. I found it exhausting at times but I stuck close to recovery. Being sober helped steady me while my life was topsy turvy.

Toots - I echo your thoughts on gratitude. It's been so beneficial in my sobriety.

Saskia - Thank you for always being our cheerleader. You never miss a beat.

Carlos - I can totally relate to what you're saying. What an amazing difference to see the highs and lows that used to rule my life replaced with gratitude and acceptance.

I had a pretty lucky Friday the 13th -- my husband, who had been notified of an impending lay off two months ago, was offered his job back. Same salary, same benefits, everything. He's the breadwinner, so I am extremely relieved.

I was relieved and delighted by the news. I was running my new department solo on Friday morning when I found out, so instead of veering off the rails to celebrate, I did the next right thing. I told the people close to me, then went back to work. After work, I went to a meeting anniversary party that my sponsor planned and was counting on me to attend.

Gosh, old me wouldn't have kept my cool over these last couple of months of uncertainty: I would have had him so angry at his company for lying about the lack of lay offs for the past 18 months. I certainly wouldn't have been able to contain my enthusiasm over the good news and focused on work; my job is chump change compared to his. I definitely would have self centeredly gone home to celebrate instead of hang at my sponsor's event; there would have been enough people so she wouldn't miss me.

By living my life according to the principles I'm learning recovery, I feel real joy, happiness and freedom.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Glee..((hug))
I am hanging in there..it's the only choice I got cause giving in is not an option.
I'm doing ok. Just my anxiety comes and goes and my feelings have strapped me into an emotional roller coaster. I'm thinking maybe I feel I should be farther down the line but realistically I'm probably right on track. I can't hold all the answers in less than 4 months, it feels like it has been longer than 4 months. It sometimes feels like an eternity. Not that I mean that's a good or bad thing, just a thing. So I'm doing. I'm just going. I keep reminding myself I've come a long way and I try to be positive as much as possible. I try to keep learning more about recovery. Learning more about myself. Just learning. So I'm not bad, but I'm not great. I have lots to be thankful for and I have many many blessings. I am pushing forward and hanging in there. Thank you for your post!
Old 11-14-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Glee, that's great about your H's job !

Key, sorry you are having a bit of a rough go of it, and f I'm understanding right. It really does get better - at least that has been my experience.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

I'm not struggling. Just on my roller coaster ride. Lol
I'm not giving in. There's no option for that. I never worry about drinking cause it's not an option. Just have to keep learning new tools and quit thinking I should be more than what it is. I have to learn to be ok for today. It's a hard lesson to learn. Quit living in the past and wanting what the future holds, but seeing today for everything it is. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone! (Hug)
I head to church after while! He clears my slate from the week and I get to write a whole new one for next!
Old 11-15-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Key - I've had a life long issue with anxiety. Alcohol slowly, incrementally made it worse.

When I stopped drinking that extra anxiety didn't go away. Anxiety, depression and brain fog persisted throughout my first year of sobriety, as well as memory, word recall and balance issues.

Alcoholic that I am, I looked for quick fixes. I tried intense exercise, vitamins, restrictive diets, detox tea - nothing alleviated those symptoms immediately. It's just taken time for those symptoms to relent.

During that time I began practicing gratitude, acceptance, rigorous honesty, and humility. With the symptoms of early recovery faced, and these recovery principles to guide me, I don't need any crutches like intense exercise, vitamins, or restrictive diets in order to feel like I can dig into life.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:25 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Not much new here- just checking in and catching up on all of your posts.

Thanks so much glee. This is a great perspective on handling recovery and dealing with things in general. You can't force recovery. We just have to stay sober and let it happen.

Key, I wish I had a better answer for you, but glee said it so much better than I could. I do know that today I will be OK.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Key, definitely what Glee said so well :-)
Old 11-15-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! I'm sooo grateful to have you...you've helped to save me! (((Hug)))
You help keep me accountable and more importantly to keep going because I don't want to let myself down. Myself! Let alone all of you! Myself is the bigger client!
All of you are definitely one of the many keys though, thank you!
Old 11-15-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Hey Key! I remember feeling a great indifference to just about everything a couple of months ago. That passed and now I've got a load of energy and enthusiasm. I know this probably won't last either but am enjoying it.

Either way, great job on 4 months. Good to see you staying strong!!
Old 11-15-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
Hey Key! I remember feeling a great indifference to just about everything a couple of months ago. That passed and now I've got a load of energy and enthusiasm. I know this probably won't last either but am enjoying it.
"This too will pass." Hee hee - exactly!

I try to embrace what's happening, accept it, be grateful for it. Not always easy but seems to work for me.

Right now I'm taking a short break from household chores. FWIW, I barely lifted a finger around the house my first month or two sober. After that I did the bare minimum. My momentum came back little by little. Every couple of weeks I was able to reflect and see how I was improving.

Right now my kids are have a couple friends over. I'm cooking food for the week. I'm cleaning up the house.

I've recently added laundry back to my weekly list. I off loaded a lot of responsibilities to my husband for the last year and a half. I've slowly taken more back on as I've gotten healthier. I just started doing laundry again last weekend. I used to do everything so fast and was always in such a rush. My recovery is ongoing and moves slowly.

Ok... I don't mean to hog the thread.... Just wanted to share my ESH between loads of laundry. On to my next task!

Have a great Sunday!!
Old 11-16-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

I wish I could get more enthusiasm about getting things done around the house! Maybe this is a symptom of early recovery and I will get better at working around the house more soon. Or maybe it could be something else like general laziness- I don't know. Time will tell.

Anyway I do feel that my persistent "brain fog" is starting to lift. It is not completely gone, but my head does feel much clearer again. This is a good thing.

Have a good and sober day everyone!
Old 11-16-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

WWS, in earlier recovery I didn't have much oomph to do things. At 15 months I am seeing spells where I can get fairly enthusiastic :-)

Slow and steady wins the race!
Old 11-16-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!
Old 11-16-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

WWS - You'll find your motivation in due time. In the mean time keep the faith that you're exactly where you need to be in order to heal.