View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  
gleefan

Originally Posted by amp123 View Post
Hey Key! I remember feeling a great indifference to just about everything a couple of months ago. That passed and now I've got a load of energy and enthusiasm. I know this probably won't last either but am enjoying it.
"This too will pass." Hee hee - exactly!

I try to embrace what's happening, accept it, be grateful for it. Not always easy but seems to work for me.

Right now I'm taking a short break from household chores. FWIW, I barely lifted a finger around the house my first month or two sober. After that I did the bare minimum. My momentum came back little by little. Every couple of weeks I was able to reflect and see how I was improving.

Right now my kids are have a couple friends over. I'm cooking food for the week. I'm cleaning up the house.

I've recently added laundry back to my weekly list. I off loaded a lot of responsibilities to my husband for the last year and a half. I've slowly taken more back on as I've gotten healthier. I just started doing laundry again last weekend. I used to do everything so fast and was always in such a rush. My recovery is ongoing and moves slowly.

Ok... I don't mean to hog the thread.... Just wanted to share my ESH between loads of laundry. On to my next task!

Have a great Sunday!!