Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 49

Old 11-05-2015, 11:50 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

BeFree I'm glad you are having another go at the exam sweetie, focussing on that will help commit to sobriety.

BlueFairy congratulations on 6 months it's a good feeling to half half a year sobriety under your belt.

Greetings Undies, Keep on Keeping on x
Old 11-06-2015, 12:31 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning guys
Old 11-06-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Therepy time...

In 2 months I will achieve a life time sobriety record...8 months...it matters a bit..

But....I am a non drinker....Booze will never enter my system again..it is a toxin..

Stronger than ever...Physically...stamina..strength..and healing ability are better...

Haven't had a bad cold since i quit...knock on wood...

Mentally...better..no doubt...

The fog, nerves, and anxiety have faded steadily for me.

Still there though..with PAWS...it can take years...nobody to blame but myself for being such a party animal...I rationalize I was not aware of the long term mental and physical issues boozing will cause...

No excuse now though...if I ever relapse...it will be a sad day of admittance...I have a major mental issue with alcohol...

For now though..I can say that forever...I am a proudly sober man...God help me!
Old 11-06-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

BFree, good that you're going for the exam :-)

Dizzy, love your commitment!
Old 11-06-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Birthday BF

D
Old 11-06-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Dizzy - I can't imagine going through early recovery again either, and there were times when remembering how hard it was is what kept me sober! As time passed that transition to not being able to imagine giving up the bits of peace and serenity I've found in recovery.

I wasn't aware that there were long term physical effects of drinking, either, outside of cirrhosis. I was nowhere near cirrhosis, however when I stopped drinking I had memory issues, word recall issues, and balance issues that persisted well over a year into recovery, as well as depression, anxiety, and brain fog.

I had kind of a stressful week transitioning into my new job, and tonight after work I thought about how if I was a drinker I'd have wine to take the edge off.

Except I'd have a lot more than 1 glass. Then I remembered the physical recovery from alcohol abuse, as well as the emotional and spiritual blocks I experienced in active addiction.

Instead of drinking I honored my need to rest between work and tonight's girls night out. I gave myself time to relax, and the craving disappeared.

I have to stay vigilant to keep making the next right choice! That's why you'll see me here talking about recovery, and why I go to AA.

Amp - By sharing you are helping others - at least I know you're helping me! I learn a lot from everyone who shares about their recovery.

Inc - Great to see you. I'm glad you're committed to sobriety.

BlueFairy - Congrats on 6 months!!!! I'm of the belief that the more support the better! I'm glad to hear that life is moving forward in a positive direction for you. And if you haven't heard me complain about it recently, my childhood was painful at times, too.

Key - All we can do is try our best. In doing the steps in AA I've come to realize how my childhood has affected my decisions as an adult. It's powerful to face them calmly then develop actual strategies for surpassing them.

BoozeFree - I think it's awesome that you're studying for your exam again. For my most recent work-related exam I found some great study resources on you tube. They brought my score up on the practice tests.

Saskia, Toots, Drake - Hello!

WWS - I've always been pretty organized. I find prioritizing is much clearer process in sobriety for me though. My boundaries are a lot clearer too. In the past I would have rescheduled my activities to accommodate any and all requests. Yesterday I found myself holding the person who's training me at work accountable for providing the training during the normal work hours. I was proud of myself at first, but that can make my ego run rampant. I remembered to be grateful instead for being able to politely maintain reasonable boundaries.

I hope you all have a good weekend! I've had a couple of busy weekends in a row. I've got stuff I have to do this weekend but I'm looking forward to a little bit of rest and relaxation too.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I have to keep this short as my ISP suddenly cut their service this morning and I'm doing this from my phone. I'm reading your posts and staying sober. Have a good weekend.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:20 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Happy Birthday BFree x
Old 11-07-2015, 02:21 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Glee..totally relate to drinking after a busy week...of course...I drank even when it was an easy week...

To all...

My addiction was a viscous cycle...that i now relize left me exhausted 24/7.

This last week was stressful...but I dealt w it by eating as healthy as possible, excercise, and loads of sleep. Sounds about perfect to me. Such a difference.

Greatfull to have you all and SR. I know of nothing that would have helped me come down this correct path so immediately.

I feel that AA is the foundation of many of folks here w long term sobriety under their belt. Much appreciation to AA.

Without the internet, AAwould have been my only hope for surviving my death spiral. Not sure if I would have made it. I would of ended up losing my job etc. It would have been a whole different ball game.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:26 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Happy birthday BFree!! (((Hug)))!! Woohoo!
It's my birthday month too! Sagittarius??
Old 11-07-2015, 03:35 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, BFree!

Dizzy, I agree - remembering how awful we felt when drinking too much is helpful in avoiding repeating that behavior. Although it took a huge effort and numerous supports for me to get through the first few months, I find SR is enough for me now. This group has been so active lately and it seems like everyone here is both doing well and actively working on staying sober.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday BF!
Old 11-07-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday BF!!
Old 11-07-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Happy birthday BF!!

Coming up on 6 months on the 11th.
Crazy!

Some days it feels like I've been sober my whole life, but when I think about trying to get through all those day ones where I didn't make it, or day 7s, I really can't believe that I made it this far!
Old 11-07-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Oh yes, I almost forgot! 15 months today. - wheeeeee!
Old 11-07-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 15 months saskia!

Almost six months is great site!
Old 11-08-2015, 03:53 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Love all the soberversaries piling up :-)
Old 11-08-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. It is nice to enjoy a hangover free Sunday morning with a nice cup of coffee isn't it? Add to that- I don't have to work today.I feel very good today! I hope everybody is having a good weekend>
Old 11-08-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Sas! So happy for you! ((Hug))!! Congratulations sweet soul!
Old 11-08-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Happy sober Sunday! Hope everyone had a great Saturday!
Me n my trucker ended up having a wonderful day and dinner date last night. I am working through some tough feelings right now, so we had a heart to heart yesterday and this time I really listened. He spoke from his heart and instead of me concentrating on my reply, I just listened. I did tell him he would probably have to tell me this again because of my own insecurities and I need to hear those things from time to time because he's gone a lot. I fight hard against the battle of negativity, but I loose that battle sometimes.
Today off to church and lunch, then prolly housework. Hope everyone has a nice peaceful Sunday!

"When you want recovery as bad as you want the air you breathe, then you will stay clean." ~Backfromtheledge