View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
gleefan

Hi Undies

Dizzy - Good luck! We'll be here if you need us.

Soberjim - Welcome back! It's great you're seeing the benefits of sobriety already.

Fradley - Congrats on 5 months sober! Nothing good ever came of my drinking, but only a fraction of the difficult situations in my life were caused by drinking. Even in sobriety life continues to offer challenging circumstances, people, places and things. Practicing sobriety when things are going along at their regular pace helps me continue practicing sobriety when things get crazy.

Site - Congrats on 6 months. What a wonderful commitment to sobriety to make working on it a part of your daily routine. I enjoy taking time to reflect on my day. It helps me stay balanced.

WWS - Congrats on 2 months! A lot has changed for you in those two months. You've got a solid sober routine going. Keep up they good work.

BoozeFree - Great job saying no to your mom and the rest of your family offering drinks.

Key - I hope your training day went well. How are you doing?

BlueFairy - Isn't is wonderful the opportunities sobriety offers? You get to choose between two different jobs! Weigh your choices carefully. I changed careers a year ago at 9 months sober. I found it exhausting at times but I stuck close to recovery. Being sober helped steady me while my life was topsy turvy.

Toots - I echo your thoughts on gratitude. It's been so beneficial in my sobriety.

Saskia - Thank you for always being our cheerleader. You never miss a beat.

Carlos - I can totally relate to what you're saying. What an amazing difference to see the highs and lows that used to rule my life replaced with gratitude and acceptance.

I had a pretty lucky Friday the 13th -- my husband, who had been notified of an impending lay off two months ago, was offered his job back. Same salary, same benefits, everything. He's the breadwinner, so I am extremely relieved.

I was relieved and delighted by the news. I was running my new department solo on Friday morning when I found out, so instead of veering off the rails to celebrate, I did the next right thing. I told the people close to me, then went back to work. After work, I went to a meeting anniversary party that my sponsor planned and was counting on me to attend.

Gosh, old me wouldn't have kept my cool over these last couple of months of uncertainty: I would have had him so angry at his company for lying about the lack of lay offs for the past 18 months. I certainly wouldn't have been able to contain my enthusiasm over the good news and focused on work; my job is chump change compared to his. I definitely would have self centeredly gone home to celebrate instead of hang at my sponsor's event; there would have been enough people so she wouldn't miss me.

By living my life according to the principles I'm learning recovery, I feel real joy, happiness and freedom.