Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 44

Old 12-03-2015, 12:29 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

We, I rely more and more on FB notifications and lazily post my greetings now. I know, it makes me a terrible person. Thing is the older we get, the more youngsters we have to keep track of and the worse our memory gets and the ones whose birthdays we have known all our lives suddenly aren't around any more. I think there is something terribly wrong with our psychological genetics. I blame that. Therefore I am completely blameless and cannot be held responsible for forgetting birthdays.

Who are all you people???? This isn't my lacecraft group? Shoo!
Old 12-03-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Toots, you borrowed my line

After 10 months living here, I'm getting less bothered by the things I forget that used to be so easy. When surrounded by lovely people in all stages of decay, er, I meant to say "in all stages of graceful aging"), I'm adapting!
Old 12-03-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Hi, nice to meet you all!

Well, after spending the last few weekends helping Tracy remodel her kitchen, paint,new counter tops, new appliances, electric and some tiling. I woke up Tuesday and found a 4 x 6 hole in the ceiling.

It's been raining for 3 days and I guess the last time the house was reroofed nobody put any flashing around anything that goes through.

Roofer out yesterday, will be rather costly to fix it.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Ouch, Budd - that's not a nice surprise :-(
Old 12-03-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from an almost sunny Paradise. Ken that roof hole doesn't sound good, Kevin McCloud of Grand Designs would advise flashing just as you do.

It's been quite a week here for not good news. You may recall I went up to Sydney when a young friend's husband got arrested then hospitalised for drug use? Well she decided to leave him in the end -- which I thought was the right decision as it turned out he'd be dabbling a lot. Well, sigh, now she's decided she'll "save" him and she's staying.

Then the woman I told you about who was in the induced coma after the fall was brought out of it, her heart rate was way too high for the swelling on the brain so they've put her back under for at least another week. She can move her fingers and toes but this is now a fortnight she's been in the induced coma ....

Then I was really saddened to learn that my mentor from my early teaching days died on Monday night. It had been a stinking hot day here, she dove into her pool , suffered a massive heart attack and was gone instantly. That's the way to go of course.

So it's been a tough week but you know how these sort of times show you how far you have/haven't come? I did not think of drinking even once which makes me smile, if wryly.

Big love to you all as North says.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Marcher)))

D
Old 12-03-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
I know, it makes me a terrible person.
A terrible,terrible person.

Smooch!
Old 12-03-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

(((Marcher)))!
Old 12-03-2015, 06:28 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

big hugs to you Marcher
Babs
Old 12-03-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey babs

D
Old 12-03-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Marcher, big hugs. I hate addiction. It's really been ticking me off lately! I'm sending vibes to your friends.

Toots, you are smart not horrible!

I haven't said much about c, because he's just the same. Right back where he was. He tried to talk to j on thanksgiving, but the only thing we ever say to him when he's drunk is, "you want a ride to rehab?" It's become a sad little ritual. If he said yes, we'd take him. Even in thanksgiving. Especially on thanksgiving.

J didn't even tell me shed talked to him until after. I think she's trying to protect me. The futility of the situation is what set off my last round of flashbacks. But they have lost some of their power
Old 12-03-2015, 10:20 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Oops I missed some peeps!

Hiya sassy!

Whassup trachy?

Budd, yikes about the roof! I hope it doesn't mess up the new kitchen!

Babs how are ya?
Old 12-04-2015, 01:55 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Trach's up! Got the semi-insomnias. Keep waking up at 4 AM everyday. And I mean WAKING UP! Like a fire alarm goes off in my head.

Guess what? It's cold enough today for my Marcher hat! Literally freezing outside this morning. I'm gonna have to turn on the heat this morning.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:50 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

You keep that hat on Trachy! If you listen to the stitches in the hat you'll hear the ebb and flow of the tides of Paradise.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
You keep that hat on Trachy! If you listen to the stitches in the hat you'll hear the ebb and flow of the tides of Paradise.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Marcher, that's so sweet! I'm ready for it I get cold then if that's what the magical beanie does! Actually it has been cold here and there, but always when I happen to be at j's. I'm soooo not gonna miss living in two places!

Speaking of j, we are on our semiannual trip to the mall. She can't go by herself, so I'll come back another day by myself and shop wehav style: decide what I want, find out who has it for a decent price, go there and get it.

J style: I'm looking for the this and that, but don't make me be systematic about it. I like to meander from store to store with no plan, but I love you and know you hate when I shop so here sit in this "man chair" while I look at 5000 black tops
Old 12-05-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers ---doing well---no urges and I love that. My husband says he loves it now that I'm sober. He has a friend that is going through a rough time and I can relate--his wife is in the bar as I write this and they have two little girls at home and he's taking care of them right now. I feel so bad for him---and the two little girls. I just hope she gets home with out hurting anyone. She's been drinking since this morning and it's 7:00 PM right now. anyway---Hope that all of you Marchers are doing well. It will be three weeks for me on Monday and I plan on staying sober. I love un loading here and for all the support. hugs to all of you.
Babs
Old 12-05-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

That sounds really positive, Babs! Sorry for your husband's friend but I think it's probably a helpful reminder of what you aren't dealing with now.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Babs, way to go on three weeks! Keep on rockin it!
Old 12-05-2015, 11:30 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Well done Babs, sad about your friends wife, how awful that those two little girls cannot be enough to make someone want to straighten out. I truly hate what addiction does to us.

Oh Marcher you have so many cyber hugs coming your way. How frustrating. About your young friend. I guess you have suggested al-anon, hopefully she will try it and realise we cannot change anyone but ourselves. As for the rest, as you say the fact you didn't even think of drinking throughout shows a sea change in your mentality.

Sass, I hope I live long enough for some disgraceful aging myself!

Trachy, I hope your beanie doesn't make you seasick! I get that kind of insomnia too. Usually I drop off quickly enough but then wake up at dark o'clock wanting to begin my day!

We I hate shopping! Though I do love a bargain. I think we have more charity shops than you, and I love making a find. I wore a coat to work the other week and a patient raved over it, she was speechless when I said I bought it complete with original sale tags for £10! Looked online it was around £120!

Mags how are you doing?

Budd, the only problem with flashing is the potential for arrest. Oh, there's another type of flashing? Haha hope the damage isn't too bad & the repairs not too costly. But better done before the really bad weather sets in.

Dee how's things?

Hugs all x