Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 44

Old 11-23-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Marcher and Trachy, good to see you both!

Marcher, so sorry you've been laid up. Great to see your lovely writing back here though.

Trachy, have a great time at the parents, you sure earned it! I hear ya... We've been in a state of "hurry up and wait" for months. Both of our places. I just have to give notice on this place, but we've been agonizing about when in relation to js house selling and our potential house buying. Half my life is inboxes right now. I killed my television, so I told my friends if they want me to host survivor night we'll have to pantomime... Lol
Old 11-23-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Marcher, so sorry you have been suffering but glad to hear you are on the mend! It's not the same here without you.

Trachy, always good to see you pop in! Good that you will have the upcoming holiday with your family. You may need to "move in" but then you didn't have the hassles of moving out for real
Old 11-23-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Hey again Marchers, I kind of scurried over here to touch base with you all again. About an hour ago we heard that a woman we know well (not really a friend but someone we know well), fell down a steep flight of stairs last Friday night.

She'd been at an art opening at a local place she had put away a few glasses. She did not break any bones BUT she had such a severe brain injury she was airlifted to Sydney by helicopter. She's in an induced coma which she may be brought out of at the end of the week but for now she must be kept perfectly quiet and still. No prognosis can be made yet.

It is one of those "there but for the grace of God ,..." moments. The mango I ate for lunch is churning in my stomach.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hoping she recovers well, Marcher.

"there but for the grace of God ,..." was my mantra for many years of being lucky.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:28 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Now I'm caught up with you all!

Big congrats to We and to Gilmer on their milestones! I love being on this road with you both, you've both contributed so much to my recovery too, thank you.

Toots glad to hear that you are still tootling in your inimitable style.

Sass my sweet girl, good to read about your variety of activities.

Trachy you make me laugh on every page, put your hat on and keep warm.

Ken I hope you and the new car are going well.

Duff you sound so contented these days, it's awesome to watch your growth.

North great to have a drive-by from you, I hope the mid-winter break helps you this winter.

Dee it's terrific to see your regular posts, that means you are keeping four wheels on the ground!

Babs how goes recovery dear girl?

Love to you all my Marchers.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:37 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for your friend Marcher.

D
Old 11-24-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Stood to see you back Marcher, the thread isn't the same without your constancy. I hope your friend recovers fully, I agree there but for the grace...

Trachy have a great family thanksgiving.

We, I know moving will be stressful but I am glad you have the perfect home to move to. I too am very sensitive about houses, some I literally struggled to stay in the vibes were so strongly hostile!

All ok with me, shortly taking daughter Xmas shopping to find her presents ( saves her having to take them all back on Boxing Day to exchange them!!)

Have a good day all x
Old 11-24-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

Marcher, I agree with Toots - the thread simply isn't the same without your daily post :-)

Toots, I have always disliked buying gifts that I know will be returned so in those cases I find a gift card or shopping with the person works well, too.

Budd, how is Zippy?

Dee, how goes the driving?

Have a lovely day to all!
Old 11-24-2015, 03:18 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Administrator

no problems Sass - all is good now scooterwise

D
Old 11-24-2015, 03:41 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Marcher! So glad you are on the mend but so sorry you've been in such pain. And I'm sorry for your friend. Hopefully when she wakes up this will be her wake up call.

Toots, have fun shopping with your daughter! I'm trying so hard to get everything done early this year so I can avoid the stress of last minute shopping. And the crowds! So thankful for the internet...

We, you are so brave to plan a move through the holidays! We've done it, just take it one step at a time and as per Toots' advice make lists! So excited for you!!! Think of all the "firsts" you'll soon have as a married couple in your new home

Hoping everyone else is having a great day!
Old 11-24-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Quick drive by, gotta go to work. Marcher, praying for your friend.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Marcher, glad you're moving around a bit better,and positive thoughts for you friend.

Jezebel's having a spa day today, bath, pedicure and ear cleaning. I feel sorry for the staff as she hates any body of water bigger than her water dish.

Max tried the outdoors yesterday, it was only 22 degrees, he didn't care for it.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Just heard from my brother, not good news, cancer is not curable, with treatment they say year to year and a half. In my experience with expectations that means 6 to 8 months. I'm going to head out hopefully over the holidays and see him before he gets too sick.

Feeling really crappy right now,as I lived the most reckless lifestyle out of my entre family and I going to be the last one left.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a sunny Paradise with 24 beautiful degrees. It's so nice to be mobile! I did well at the shop yesterday after doing only half days last week, no soreness this morning.

I forgot to mention that I finished blanket #9 while in my recumbent position...well, it's got to be sewn up but all the squares are done. Mr Marcher kept taking pictures of me knitting upside down! I was hoping to get #10 finished this year but it doesn't look likely.

Thanks for your kind thoughts about T, as I said she's not a friend per se but we know her well. The small art community has rallied around her family (divorced with five kids 10-21), I talked with a few others about once we have a prognosis and setting up a meal/care /drive roster.

Ken I'm really sorry to hear about your brother's prognosis but chin up. My friend Jerome had a (malignant) brain tumour in the 90s, he was given a year and lived a good three.

Trach I hope your Thanksgiving with your family is great -- it's always on the Thursday isn't it? Which means tomorrow except by the time your today is tomorrow it will be yesterday.

Have a good day all!
Old 11-24-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Ken.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

(((Ken))) I am so very sorry about your brother. Stay strong and please take comfort in the fact that you are sober so that you can be present for your brother right now. I'm so sorry.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

(((Ken))), so sorry about your brother.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Sorry to hear that, Ken.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Yes Marcher, always on Thursday. Which is two days away. But, today is only yesterday's tomorrow.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Ken, so sorry to hear that about your brother. ((((((Ken)))))