Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 44

Old 12-10-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Babs, I'm happy to hear that AA is helping! I found it so and for me the f2f was also important :-)
Old 12-10-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a hot sunny Paradise. We had the most superb storm last night, the dusk sky was lit up in mauve and white and the thunder was rolling! We didn't get a lot of rain out of it but the National Park between us and the Big Smoke did which we're grateful for at this time of year particularly.

Mum turned 89 a few days ago, she's in the process of teaching herself Windows 10 and how to understand the golf (she's never played it) at the same time. Adam Scott, the Aussie player, is the son of a friend of hers hence the interest.

Gee I hope I've inherited her genes.

The induced coma lady was able to have an MRI a few days ago which found no fractures. Odema (sp?) and the swelling on the brain continue to be issues -- three weeks today since her fall.

Trachy I am blown away by your little vignette, you people put those together? Wow.

Bimini it's good to see you, how are things going for you?

Have a good day all.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

"little vignette" ? LITTLE VIGNETTE?? The tallest tree is 7 feet and the spread of the forest is over 20! Little vignette. Hmph! That's like calling my hat a beanie.

It was a fun day of making stuff. She had the idea and my manic took over. We used to do some amazing things when we had the home decor business.

Toots, I think I missed congratulating you. <<There it was.

Folks, remember Vandermast? Back again, and looking for help. I put out the invite to come home for an original Marcher, maybe y'all could reach out and track down and encourage.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Trachy, you get to be in charge of our yearbook! You are so good at keeping track of us. Thanks for the update and suggestion.

Marcher, I want to be your mum when I grow up! And marmalade? You can make anything can't you?!? I loooove marmalade! But I have to buy it from the English section at the international grocer. Is it hard to make? Maybe it's a winter project, citrus is coming into season...

Who am I kidding, my winter project is going to be moooooving!!! I'm sure each one of you knows more about real estate than I do, but we passed our main hurdle last night. The contract before ours (we were the backup, they got three offers the third day in market) fell through because of the appraisal. We have a different loan, not as reliant on appraisal, but we were still kinda holding our breath.dont want to pay more than the house is worth, ya know? Well it came back EXACTLY at our contracted amount. The appraisal report also said some things that really put my mind at ease. We knew the sellers had renovated, but I didn't realize how extensively. It's a darn good house. And the neighborhood data... Let's just say we're "mooovin on up." Lol.

Before you think I'm uppity, realize we are having a tough time selling js house because of its location. Apparently people don't want to hear the jerry springer show just outside their window every day and night. We were so used to it, we didn't realize it would be a problem. Can't say I'll miss jerry springer. Vibes the old house sells.... To nice people.... It really is a lovely little gem.

But I digress... Often....

Sassy I hope sassy kitty feels better!

Hello toots, babs, Budd, duff, north of you are around!
Old 12-10-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Toots ... CONGRATULATIONS!! 1,000 days is awesome!!!!

Trach, love the lights! How did you make the trees? We have one spot in our yard that I've been looking to put a lighted tree but can't find one I like. Love yours!

Sass, glad to hear that kitty's a little better.

We, snooty? About the last thing I'd say about you. I spent 3 Christmases in So Cal and loved it. Enjoy being home with your family. It's certainly not so cal but we made our reservations to spend spring break in TAHOE!! I can barely stand how excited I am to get back to the Sierras ... it's not 'til March but I swear those mountains have some serious restorative powers for the soul. AND they're getting lots of snow (after a two year drought) - so incredibly psyched.

Things are going along fine ... what is it about the holidays that makes me think about drinking? I'll have to figure it out.

OK, good night all, going to hit the sheets early tonight.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Hey duff!

What is it about the holidays? Perhaps everything? It's winter, stress, we feel like we are "supposed" to celebrate, family is wonderful and stressful at the same time, change in routine, we tend to put a LOT on ourselves trying to make our traditions perfect, people are drinking ALL AROUND us... Want me to go on?

It's sooo natural to have drinking feelings now. Hang here more, talk to some sober friends for support, hit a meeting or twelve... It's ok to feel like that. It's ok to feel.

I think that's the theme of this third year of sobriety, it's ok to feel.
We'll be here for ya duff!

Oh Tahoe, I love Tahoe! Beautiful. Enjoy!
Christmas=palm trees for me, even though I've lived in Ohio for 17 years now. I'll always be a California at heart.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Duff, I can't tell you how to make the trees. My sister has sworn me to secrecy.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Old 12-10-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Even my sister, who showed me a picture and asked me to do it, could not imagine how I came up with the construction.

Remember the old Road Runner cartoons? Wile E. Coyote. Super Genius!

Honestly, it's so good to know my brain isn't pickled and gone. I was so damn proud to be able to do that.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:11 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

What is it about the holidays?? Duff- let's see, historically every excuse was used to drink and the holidays were a prolonged excuse! Then there are the the drink adverts, here in the UK every other add tells us that if we imbibe this particular spirit/liqueur we will be fun loving people who are the height of sophistication ( yeah, that was me at Christmas!!!) then there is the fact that everywhere you go, even the Normies are getting stuck into the sherry and eggnog. Plus the fact that I for one, would frequently get bottles given as gifts.
Other than that??? I really have no idea!!!

Acme Trachy!! I like it you should post yourself here in a box to do all my decs!! Lol

Marcher I do love a good storm, we get them rarely here.

We, I am sure that the right person will come along for J's house I will send out vibes for you!

I had a sad situation yesterday. After all the excitement of my 1000 days ( and it was lovely getting so many congrats from friends) I got a mean PM out of the blue that really upset me. For the first time ever on SR I have had to 'ignore' this person so that I no longer see any of their posts or PMs. I found it sad to have to do that, but at least that person can no longer hurt me. I know that it was their own issues and got a cyber hug from one of our own Sassie, when I reached out to her. ( thank you sister-in-sobriety ) and my equilibrium is almost restored!!

Hugs all xx
Old 12-11-2015, 02:03 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Toots my lovely friend, I am sending you my warmest hugs and the gentle stillness of a hot summer night.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I'm on the UK's no fly list, toots. They know I'd take over. Scotland, forever.

Sorry about your downer. **** 'em.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Toots, I'm glad I was available. Not only was the whole thing a huge bummer, but coming right on the heels of your 1000 days was completely over the top. (((Hugs)))!
Old 12-11-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.

Trachy, we would welcome you with open arms - and closed wallets - we have a reputation to consider!!
Old 12-11-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Just got back from an AA meeting. Boy, did they hit home ----I'm so glad I went. I was very short with my husband this morning and like you guys say it's the darn Holiday and I forgot just what it really means and that there is going to be booze floating around me and I will have to be strong and I don't want that hang over and that feeling of not being in control. I also forgot the real meaning of Christmas---for heavens sake ---it sure is not booze. anyway---hope everyone is doing well and have a great week-end.
Hugs to all of you
Old 12-11-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Da turtle has a new look

<<<<<<<<<<
Old 12-11-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Trachy!!! It's going to take me awhile to get used to a new avatar :-)
Old 12-11-2015, 08:47 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Nice, trach!
Old 12-11-2015, 08:57 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Babs I am so glad you are enjoying a program. I don't go to meetings much at this point, but I love having aa in my life. I can't believe I just said that.

For so long, aa "wasn't for me." But when nothing else worked, I decided I had no real ability to decide what was and wasn't for me, 'cause I couldn't stop drinking. The steps are what ended up doing the trick. Super liberating.

Even though I don't really go to meetings, I am grateful that when I feel down or a little shaky in my recovery, I always can go to a meeting. It's nice to have that to fall back on.

Sorry, didn't mean for that to be some aa testimonial. I guess I'm feeling a little odd in my recovery at the moment. I feel solid myself, but a lot of people are relapsing around me (so it feels), and it's shaken me up a bit. The reality is these relapses are occurring around the world. And of course the guy next door. I try to help, but as we all know oh so well, the person has to want it. I can't want or love anyone sober but me.

I can't fix the guy next door, how can I possibly fix anyone elsewhere?

I can only fix myself. Well, me and my treehugger surfer hp .

Another stream of consciousness ramble by wehav2day...
Old 12-11-2015, 11:45 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Da turtle has a new look

<<<<<<<<<<
Is dat 'Da Look of Lurve'??? suits you Trachy, you look years younger, and pretty cute if I may say!! X

Babs, too many use Christmas as an excuse and forget it's purpose. I'm glad you are getting real benefit from AA, and remember to stick close here over the holidays too!

Hugs all x