Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 44

Old 11-20-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Cheers, Marchers :-)

If we're into nasty ice driving stories .... Driving home from the airport after a relaxing Christmas cruise, I did a 180 on ice on the interstate! Bloody miracle nobody hit me - watching the cars coming toward me was truly scary.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend all

think of you Marcher

D
Old 11-20-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Marcher, how is your back feeling??

Have a great weekend visiting your parents, Toots!

And wishing everyone else a good weekend.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

So scary, Sass! I forgot how treacherous winter driving can be.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:14 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Yes Marcher, been sending healing vibes all week and hoping it improves, we're missing your weather reports here - we need to know how it is in Paradise!!!!

Wow Sass that would have called for new washing for me! I was driving the now Mr T then b/f-under-consideration-of-upgrade, and b/f-u-c-o-u'sprecious offspring, number one son in b/f-u-c-o-u's company car on the motorway (freeway) when there was a crash up ahead. I stopped in time, breathed a sigh of relief then saw a monster 4x4 in my rear view mirror approaching fast it rearended on car smacked another into me, I managed to avoid hitting anyone before the 4x4 finally crunched into yet another! Mr T has never let me forget the day I ' trashed his company car and almost wiped him and no1 son out' ( fact I was not moving at the time of impact has no bearing on the tale!
Old 11-21-2015, 12:34 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Administrator

I missed your post Sass - I'm glad you're ok

D
Old 11-21-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Dee, it was a "pre-SR and sober" experience but I remember it as if it happened yesterday! Truly terrifying to see a bunch of cars coming directly toward me at what was about 50 mph and in those conditions. Luckily that pack was just far enough back that I was able to scramble to move my car! The memory is extraordinarily vivid.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Yikes sass glad you were ok!

Toots I had that happen on the freeway two years ago, but I was alone on way to work. Rainy day, traffic went from 50 to stopped. I too breathed a sigh of relief until a big yellow jeep crashed into my behind. As I reached for me flashers, it hit me again! A minivan had hit him so hard he crashed into me a second time.

My mom wasn't the best driver, and California is notorious for crashes, so I've been in more wrecks than We have time for. But seeing that big yellow jeep coming at me twice is gonna stick with me.

Drive safe everyone.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Car accidents are no joke. I'm trying to get back to where I was before my accident but I'm not quite there. I tried tennis practice the other day and it was clearly way too soon. Since going off my AD in August exercise had really become my major coping mechanism and to have the stopped cold turkey was really hard for the first 2 weeks or so but I've been able to ease back into a different level of exercise and it's been ok. In fact, it's been a little bit liberating not to be so obsessed with the gym. I think I'm starting to find a decent balance.

I'm in hyper holiday mode at the moment. Even put our tree up last weekend! Ha! That was a way of tuning out the news and emotions from current events and it was awesome. We blasted Christmas carols and spent most of the day decorating. I stopped at the tree and we'll do the rest in proper holiday order (which for us is the day after T-giving) but it was a fun diversion. Today we went to see Santa at the mall and right now I'm doing some on-line shopping.

I hope everyone else is having a good weekend
Old 11-21-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

And I just found the best present for Mr. Duff ever ... Brooks Brothers Scottie Dog Cufflinks!!!!
Old 11-21-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
And I just found the best present for Mr. Duff ever ... Brooks Brothers Scottie Dog Cufflinks!!!!
Awwww :-)
Old 11-23-2015, 03:52 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Bump!
Old 11-23-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Who are you bumping Sass?? And where is everyone? That's me back home now, had a bit of a contretemps with my father on Sunday evening. He was always a trigger for me,but actually this time he was the one ranting irrationally ( at one point after my mom told him to shut up, this 79 year old man pointed at me and said ( well she started it! At which point I burst out laughing and asked him if he was six!) I was under control the whole time he blustered and ranted and looked ridiculous. It was all over something so trivial and unimportant that I was easily able to let go any emotions stirred up. Hubby was supportive and I think a little worried that it had upset me, but I told him I was fine. And I was. In my drinking days I would have been drunk by that time and he would have tied me in verbal knots and upset me for days.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Sorry that happened, Toots but yay for you

I don't know where everyone went! We suddenly had Sounds of Silence!
Old 11-23-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

I'm around... tried to prop up some newcomers here and there.

Duff that was smart combating something awful with something joyful. One weird thing about Paris is I was kind of unsettled the whole week before it happened. To the point where I thought something was wrong back home in California. So I checked in with my brother and asked about the family on Thursday. Everyone was fine but I still felt wrong. It was confusing, but I was glad the fam was ok. Then Friday the attacks happened.

Sass nice bump. Just normal thread flow... We are at what part 45 or something now? What a great run. I miss my daily dose of marcher, though! How are you marcher grrrrl?

Toots nice change in dealing with your dad. I have a hard time with my dad too. I just get sad about it at this point, he turns85 this week and we just can't talk to each other like father and daughter.

Otherwise.... All is pretty good in wehavland. Getting ready to host our last thanksgiving in the current living situation. the house inspection seems to have gone well today. We think we'll let the detached garage foundation issue and roof issues (no leaks yet) slide in exchange for them getting the chimney cleaned out so we can have fires when we move in.

Js house burned almost to the ground, killing all of our beloved pets 10 years ago due to an electrical fire that no one could have predicted. Someone in the history of the house did a faulty job rewiring. The problem was not visible so we had no idea. It was really sad so now we are super vigilant about any possible fire issue.

The inspection took quite a while, so it was kinda cool to spend a few hours in this house. It has a good vibe. I'm really sensitive (probably one of the million reasons I drank), so I feel vibes in every house we've looked at. Good vibe, happy family, good energy. Met one of the sellers, she seems every bit as cool as I thought she was based on my google stalking. lol. She asked if she could come back and divide some things in the spring, I said heck yeah. Gardener bonding.

It took a turn for the coooolllld here, that makes me really tired. Think I'll snuggle in and get an early night.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Very busy turtle churning up the water. Getting ready for a four day vacay at the folks' house for Thanksgiving. Contributions to the meal, planning a nice hike. preparations for the ball game buffet, supplies for Junior's tank, and, Oh yeah!, work! Luckily, I am one month ahead right now. Busted shell for several months to get to this point so no one says a word that I leave well before their lazy azzzsss required overtime.

Also dealing with a self-made disaster in the apartment. I was so sure I was going to move that I started sorting and packing and was letting the usual cleaning go in anticipation of the final cleaning. Well, the complex, for the second year, offered me a no rent increase renewal. Considering the cost of moving, it was a no-brainer. Now, I have to "move in" to this place again.

I've decided to rearrange.

I'm putting the bed in the dining nook
Old 11-23-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a sunny summery Paradise. Gosh I've missed you guys, it's all I've been able to do to hobble out to the car and back in, sitting for extensive periods has been impossible. However I am well on the road to recovery after a rather fraught and painful time.

Back in the 80s when I was studying for my Computing degree I spent hours with an old Apple IIe sitting on a kitchen chair at a rickety table. Needless to say such an un-ergonomic position was really bad for my back, I pulled muscles under my left shoulder blade, got some sort of pinched nerve thing and had a slipped something or other.

As a rule the old war injury isn't a bother, it just occasionally reminds me it's there if I carry too much for too long or if I sit with bad posture. In a much heeded lesson on the good health I normally have it's flattened me for about ten days but I'm good now and back to bother you.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Marcher

D
Old 11-23-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

"Oh, bother, " said Pooh.

Welcome back.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

P.s. Duff that sounds like the perfect furry present!!