Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 44

Old 10-29-2015, 02:21 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Oh Ken, my heart goes out to you and your family, keep faith in how amazing things can be done these days with surgery.. You are in my thoughts. It's good that through your sobriety you will be able to offer 100% support throughout this troubling time xx
Old 10-30-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

I am glad the new job is a better fit, Ken. I am very sorry about your brother--I will be praying for him.

All is fine on my end. Same old same old--but that's a good thing.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Gilmer it's great to see you, you are a lovely addition to this morning of sunshine and roses.

My Marcher Dog has been ill once in his eight years, that was my fault because I changed his diet -- when he was a pup -- too suddenly. The rest of the time he's been a robust healthy dog but this morning he did something to himself on his walk -- every now and then he gives a shriek of pain but we can't tell if it's his left front paw or shoulder.

Mr Marcher has taken him to the vet and I'm here at the shop worrying. I know he will be alright but it's a worry with our animals isn't it.

Ken I'm thinking of you, your brother and his family.

Have a good weekend all.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

((((((Ken))))) (((((((buddbro)))))) sorry to hear that. My brother had a mass removed from his brain a couple of months ago, and it turned out benign. Apparently it's more common then we think. I hope your brother has a good result!

Marcher hugs to your marcher pup too!
Old 10-30-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Oh I forgot to say hi to gilmer!

Or wooohooo to toots for her book launch!!

Oh goodness, I wasn't gonna post this cause it's not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, but I guess I gotta say it somewhere. You lucky people! Lol

This has been in he week from hell in some respects. Thank the universe, it's over. I'm love my job, but I worked 11 very busy days in a row , sick as it turns out. Then the house thing. Because I worked 11 days in a row, I saw the house Monday instead of Sunday and they got offers in during the day so they were first. Even though j and m saw the house first. Apparently that's still bugging me. Well I was sick before all of that but on the mend. Tuesday I St.tarted really feeling bad. Then lost my voice. Ever try teaching all day with no voice? It's painful, very painful. And a little embarrassing, cause what sound you do force out sounds like a pubescent boy wh can't catch a break. I love my job, but the end of today couldn't come fast enough.

Then tonight I decided my throat deserved ice cream , so I went to the parlor. il friends with one of the kids who works there, her mom was my part timer a few years back. So she asked me about the house hunt. I croaked out the basics on the house we tried to buy. The lady next to me in line perked up and asked where, she told me she knew the property I was talking about. It was kind of a strange exchange. Should I have said more? Is she someone I should have talked to more, maybe if she took a liking to me she'd put in a good word to realtor in the area? I found myself getting mad at myself for just bowing out of the conversation. I can't talk right now anyway...

So anyway, all this stuff this week has been really overwhelming for me. I feel behind and rough and off kilter. I'm physically, emotionally, spiritually exhausted. Exactly the kind of formula of crap that "should" make me want to drink. Luckily, I don't. I just want to get my mojo back. Looks like when you put a sustained amount of time into recovery, a bit of a breakdown doesn't have to cause a relapse. It's possible to just stand back and say, yep, it's time to regroup.

Thanks for letting me yammer yet again.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:06 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Yammer your sweet heart out We, I love you giving 'voice' to your thoughts and feelings it's 'We uncut' and it's great. Maybe you said just enough to that lady to tilt the universe your way, you may never know. No point second guessing something you can't change. ( and it may be she could have been the neighbour from hell!)

Marcher I hope it's nothing serious with Marcher dog sending thoughts and doggy treats and a smooch from Molly

Hugs all off to work
Old 10-31-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

(((((WeHav)))))
Old 10-31-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

(((We)))! Sending good thoughts your way.

(((Marcher))) - I'm keeping my fingers crossed and saying a prayer for Marcher dog.

Gilmer, it's great to see you here again :-)
Old 10-31-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

I've had a field day on SR here in the mountains!
Old 10-31-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

487600_475735462492800_2015712291_n.jpgHappy Halloween Everyone!!!
Old 10-31-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

ROFLMAO!

Budd, glad your sense of humor is intact. Thanks for the laugh.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Hope you all are doing well!

I think its time to send Buddtruck out to pasture, it needs some work to keep it running comfortably, too much for me to spend on something that old. I'm sure I can sell it to someone who can use it as strictly a work/farm truck. I'll be heading out this week to start looking for something else.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:42 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

I can just see Buddtruck now, kicking it's tyres up in a meadow somewhere...

All well in Tootsville, went to St Andrew on Saturday night on a ghost walk, learned a lot about the town that I didn't know before. I've always loved St Andrews, now I am also intrigued!

We only get the girls from next door trick or treating now, ( their brothers deemed themselves too old) as we are down a dark driveway that A) is pretty scary and B) not that many know leads to a house!

Hope you all have a good week x
Old 11-02-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

Not much going on here other than the usual gazillions of activities and too much rich and yummy food :-). Been a wee bit down as I am facing the fairly large task of putting my legal and financial affairs in order. Decisions to be made and as I am getting older, it's a reminder that life doesn't go on forever. I don't dwell on it, though, except when I need to work on it. Should be done in about a month, I hope.

On the alcohol front, I'm feeling very comfortable in my sober skin. It feels like the new normal. Only one or two cravings in the last month and they were very, very mild and easily and quickly dispatched. Last med I took was over a month ago :-)

You all are totally awesome!
Old 11-02-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers, I'm still lol at Ken's cartoon!

Marcher Dog is better than he was though still a bit tender. At the vet's he was pulled around and checked thoroughly -- limbs, back, paws -- not a peep out of him. She thought it may have been a pinched nerve or a deep bruise, he's still a bit tender but doing a lot better.

On Sunday we were having lunch outside at a friend's place when a wild wind blew up preceding a storm. The four of us raced to get everything inside to the dining room and finally sat down after slamming down windows on the southern side of the house -- it had been a super hot morning. I took a gulp of lemon water to cool down and it was all I could do not to projectile spit it across the room! It was Prosecco and it truly tasted foul after two and a half years -- talk about positive reinforcement.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

It's getting awfully quiet around here

Marcher, what is Prosecco?
Old 11-03-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's like a spumante...sparkling wine?...

Hope everyone is doing wel in March land

D
Old 11-03-2015, 10:32 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Good to see you back Dee!

My brothers surgery has beem move up to this Friday. He's looking forward to getting some answer and doesn't sound too scared or worried
Old 11-03-2015, 11:52 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Prosecco is very popular in the uk with the chattering classes. I used to quite like it.

I'm glad Marcher dog is feeling better Marcher and it was nothing too drastic.

All quiet in Tootsville

Good to see you back Dee how are you doing? X

Happy Hump Day all
Old 11-04-2015, 03:09 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

Dee, good to see you back!

Budd, your brother's attitude sounds good. As a friend says "the prophylactic value of worry is vastly overrated". Sending good vibes to him.

One of the things I love about SR - ask a fact question and inevitably we het at least one answer . That applies to any question, too.

Quiet but busy here.