Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 20

Old 09-28-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Happy Monday!

Great work on the training ultra! You will smash it man.

Glad you are feeling better London. I would rather have a broken arm than the flu!

Hope you guys have a fantastic day.

"Don't be afraid to take a big step when one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small steps." Buckminster fuller.

Eye on the prize guys!

Love.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Greetings!

1Step and Grateful , you both sound great in your posts! Lately you have been as upbeat at Determined and Ultra. I am very happy for you.

London, I hope you continue to mend - sometimes those things linger. Great work on the cigarettes.

I have been very busy trying to "put away summer" and decorate for Fall I have been giving rides to doctor appointments 2 or 3 times a week as well as reading the shelves at the library every Monday morning. I am going to the Y faithfully, and I have finally started yoga. I am doing a four week introduction to yoga at a yoga studio that has been in business for more than 20 years.

Let's keep on keeping on.

Hello to everyone else - Pink, Choobie, , Rah, Hobbers
Old 09-28-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hey Team! Lets keep doing the right stuff!
Old 09-29-2015, 12:25 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hey guys, Tuesday already

We still have nice warm weather here in the UK. Not sure how long it will last but I am making the most of it with lunchtime walks

Starting to feel much better now which is great. I am still so impatient sometimes!

Hoping everyone has a great day. I am away off to work :-)
Old 09-29-2015, 03:01 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Tuesday and smiling gang!

Had a colonoscopy yesterday, way before I am supposed to. Colon cancer runs in my family. So happy I got the all clear!! Attitude of gratitude for sure. Nothing is more important than health. We sacrifice our health to make money, then spend it all later in life trying to restore health. Go figure.. Anyway, feeling really good as that was stressful as hell to me!

Scooter, yoga is the freakin bomb!! I do yoga like things a lot at home like stretching, etc.. Have not done a class yet. You inspire me my friend! Let me know how you like it.

Glad you are feeling better London, again, health is everything brotha.

Do check in gang, that av is sneaky and will start to whisper sweet nothings in your ear if he gets you alone!! Stay with your team a friends!

"To find yourself, think for yourself." Socrates

Positive vibrations!
Old 09-29-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I'm horrible at yoga (and meditation!).

That's one reason trail runs are so important to me.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:24 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Morning gang!

Hope everyone is good

Determined that is brilliant news, to be healthy is so taken for granted by us all I think.

I am up early, coffee and gym. I am going to make a call as to whether I am in shape to do a half marathon at the end of October eeek! No pressure, if I don't feel ready I will pick another race.

Seems quiet so let's see some mid-week check ins :-)
Old 09-29-2015, 11:14 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hey all! I am struggling. I had a wonderful college visit weekend in NYC with my kids mixed with some teenage struggle. Part of me feels grateful that they are finally acting like normal teenagers (no backtalk or resistance at all before) because I feel like maybe it is because they feel safe enough to do that because of my consistent sobriety. It is challenging for me though because I don't have a ton of support...only you guys right now. I can't afford therapy, have no health insurance, and my friends are not the same any more. Feeling down after seeing the dance showcase pics, I know it is vain but I have sober for months and also eating healthy and exercising so thought I would see more difference.

Old 09-30-2015, 01:33 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Ello!
Back on British soil, back online! Sorry I couldn't post, I don't have a euro pass on my phone, so couldn't swith on my mobile data, and have had little to no signal for the last 2 weeks due to location! So good to see you all!
I have had a wonderful fortnight, sark is like stepping back in time, I totally recommend it. We walked 50 miles, went caving, swam in a freshwater tidal pool, went horse riding, coastal walks, meditating on rocks in the bay in the rain, climbed 2000 steps over the week, saw puffins, got a sun tan, went kayaking, scrambling, climbing, and had lots of cake at various tea Shops! Then headed back to guernsey on the boat and spent time shopping in the capital, visiting museums, enjoyed people watching at the harbour, walked the tidal route to lihou island, did a coastal bus ride, ate al fresco overlooking the harbour, enjoyed more coastal walks and more cake! It's a lovely group os islands, and only an hour flight! Amazing! I'm used to 12 hour flights, this Rocked! Feeling fresh and rejuvenated, 3 loads of washing done, suitcases unpacked, and going kayak shopping today as have the bug for it!

Grateful, big hug to you my friend, sound's like it's been a bit up and down, thinking of you and hoping you feel perky again soon. Your grateful lists really help me, I love reading them when I log in in the morning! Xx

Determind, well isn't that absolutely freaking fantastic news for you? Well done on going ahead and getting checked, it's uncomfortable, stressful, awkward, and all the rest, and it really can be a silent stalker, you are wise, and now you are clear, how amazing you must feel! Proud of you buddy! What a relief! Xx

London....half marathon! Go you! What a great achievement, but make sure you can train in time, it's only a few weeks away! Hope you are well, you have got me looking at holidays over in montenegro for next year, very tempted! Glad you are feeling better and massive well done on the e - cig s! That's great!

Scooter, your life just sounds so 'together' right now, like you have a great mix of everything going on, how wonderful my lovely, it's great to hear xx

Ultra,, love following your running progress, I wonder how many miles you have ran in total this yer! Bet you could have coveted several states back to back! Not long til the big one now, wounds like your getting a good on sister training regime in, well done, you're so inspiration ally Committed! X
Old 09-30-2015, 01:52 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Whoops, hit send!

Choobie, how's things? Thank you for your grateful list too, reminds me to stop and appreciate things a little bit more. Hope you're well.

Rah, Hobbers, how's it going? Anyone else checking in? Xxx

So....Halloween, do we celebrate? Let's here your plans. We keep it low key, get some sweets in for the trick or treaters, but between us we have a pumpkin carving competition, and I usually Lose, so I need to think of something very pol this yer, I think i will be checking out p interest!

Ok, that's the I'm back from holiday post, need to do a few more homes then I'm out kayak shopping, hope you all have a great day! More later!
Old 09-30-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Happy hump day kids!!

Grateful, I get what you are saying. Sometimes the stress of a trip like that, especially nyc, can make you feel off. Never let pictures get you bummed, so many things can make them seem off, lighting, clothes, positioning, etc. but most of all, your frame of mind when you look at them. Imagine if you were drinking, you would not even be dancing! You have so much to be proud of, just pause and consider that. Duck dive under this and get those boogie shoes on and a big smile. You are doing fabulous and are blessed with healthy children. Let this mood pass on over you. We love you.

Pink, welcome back girl!! Great to hear from you. Your trip sounds right up my alley, loved the meditating on the rocks in the rain. Wow. Super cool. Kayaks are great, I have two of them. My advice is you don't have to spend a bunch of money, you will beat them up anyway. Make sure the seat is comfortable on your back and also buy a cheap "wet box" to store your keys and wallet in while you are out. You will flip it over eventually! Great to have you back!

London, two words for you man, do it! You will smash it dude. Awesome goal.

"And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

Go for it.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hey team August, just saying hello. Im back again, and am joining Oct class. Feel like such a loser, but Im happy to start again. Day one is today.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hello Maximus97! Great to see you!

You are not at a loser, you are brave for being honest about day 1. You just need more support. We are stronger together. That is great that you are joining the October group...please also post here.

You can do this.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thanks so much grateful. I will post in both classes. Im so glad to see everyone in this group is doing great! I have missed all of you.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Grateful, sorry you are struggling . But the huge plus is you are sober! Try not to get too discouraged. Everyone is behind you 100% here.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi all, day 101 here so into treble figures now for the first time since I first picked up a drink aged 15.!

Been going to a lot of meetings and felt well enough to call my Dad today about taking my girls up to the farm this wkend, he told me he wouldn't be there as he's going away which I was fine about but then he announced that he's moved his partners son and his wife and their kids into the farmhouse, there's a lot of reasons why this is rubbing salt into an already open wound for me and I found it hard not to react but managed it, he wanted me to persuade my sister to be ok with this new woman who has been an absolute nightmare in the past and caused nothing but trouble for my Dad, I told him that it works both ways... Im tired of fighting it to be honest and want to just concentrate on my girls. Love my Dad to bits but his head has been well and truly turned by this woman and its hard.....
Old 09-30-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Woo hoo, way to go 1step! Congrats..
Old 09-30-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

1Step, 101 is awesome! I felt amazing hitting triple digits, you earned every second of smugness today! Well done, you are doing so well xx

Max, hey you! Good to see you back, never give up! Check in here to let us know you're ok, and let October know that every day sober is totally worth it. Even My worst day sober, kicks the ass out of my 'best day' drinking hands down! So glad you're well xx

Determind, I bought an Elie strait 120, it's awesome! Have been out on the river already, so peaceful, so alive!

I've had a busy day, and am quite tired so am heading up the apples and pears to slumber land, hope you all have peaceful sleep my lovelies xxx
Old 09-30-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ultramarathoner View Post
I'm horrible at yoga (and meditation!).

That's one reason trail runs are so important to me.
awesome man, cool thing about our world I think is there are so many activities out there that everyone should be ale to find a passion!

I love hiking, fly-fishing, and hunting the mountains, beautiful places!
Getting cold, snow Sat!!!
Old 09-30-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

1 step, fantastic on the triple digits man!! Awesome! Sorry about the dad thing. I can certainly relate on that subject. Realize what is not in your control, and let it go. Your peace of mind is worth it.

Max and dry, great to hear from you! Max, post here often, we are good fellow travelers on this journey.

Pink, great choice on the kayak! Is being on the water good for the soul or what? God, or a life spirit if you prefer, lives in those places where a solo kayak journey can take you.

Bedfordshire my comrades, goodnight.

Love.