Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 20

Old 10-04-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hey guys and girls

I have been slow posting as I have had some family issues to deal with - all is fine though and I am OK. It is nice to be able to be there for my family when things happen rather than rank alcohol as more important.

I have had a good weekend otherwise - some AA, some gym and relaxing. Not so happy with our England rugby score but I will lend my support to Wales, ha ha.

Lovely to read everyone and catch up. Glad everyone is doing OK.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

London, thinking of you with the family issues, hope all is ok, and glad that you are able to be there with a clear head x

Scooter good to see you! Glad you got past the wifi issues. I hate trying to remember passwords, everything needs a password these days!

I've been painting my house today, I love painting and finding it relaxing. Need to paint my 3 story hallway, and have base coated one floor. It will be a nice project for the next few weeks.

No news, I'm sitting watching don't tell the bride and getting broody! Ah, my turn will come!

Bedfordshire baby, zzzzzzzzzz xx
Old 10-04-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

I'm having conflict with insects lately. A tick gave me lime disease which ultimately led me down the path of becoming alcohol free and training for long distance races.

1.5 miles into my marathon today I was stung by a bee. Half a mile later I was stung by two more. So, with 24 miles to go I had a bee sting just above each ankle, and one behind my knee!

Stings aside, the run was fun. I really enjoyed it. Now onto my 50k.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:04 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Wow ultra! That's grit and dedication to run through those stings. I would have been a big drama queen.

Thanks Pink - all is good. Happy to be able to help my family nowadays.

Monday, Monday! Good to wake up sober and fresh. I am also really noticing how quitting the cigs has increased my energy and morning health, wow.

I am away travelling for work today, but after the travel I can work from home later which will be nice. Definately a little bit more like autumn today. I am really looking forward to the winter season this year. Last year was all so raw and scary.

Pumpkin Spice latte this morning I think!
Old 10-05-2015, 02:37 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Happy Monday babies! Window open, coffee in hand and head guilt free and clear, nice.

London, hope the family issues work out okay. I know you are calm, loving and on your game for them. Has to feel good my friend.

Hey there scooter! I hear you, doesn't it feel fantastic to face and deal with medical issues head on! Great to hear from you.

Pink, painting is much better all around without alcohol convincing us we are Picasso as we run into clean doors and furniture with a wet brush! Sounds like a fun project. What colors?

Ultra, well done man. To be honest, my first thought was a tick would be kind of a cool tattoo idea, only you would know the true meaning.

Av showed up a bit yesterday. I felt jealous of people just hanging out, watching 8 hours of football and drinking beer. I don't even care about football! It passed, felt happy as hell I let it pass as I was going to bed and smiling very big this morning as a result! Never worth it gang.

"Ones destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things." Henry miller

Keep moving forward team.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Good Morning!
London, I'm glad you were able to be present for your family. We are here for you as well!

Gotta run, but just wanted to check in and say hi

Hope everyone has a great start to the week. Starting it with a clear mind never hurts!

Love to you all-
Old 10-05-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes from me too sthlondonab. Glad all is ok

D
Old 10-05-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hang in there London. You're clearly in a better place to deal with any type of issues now.

I hear you with the tatoos Determined. The area around the stings is now inflamed so it would take a bunch of ink!

I also laughed that I had soda during the run. I don't drink soda and at an aid station I thought I was reaching for a cup of yellow gaterade. Nope. Turned out to be mountain dew.

It brought me back to the conversations posted here periodiacally about folks begin concerned they 'relapsed' by having alcohol by mistake.

Lets make it a great week!
Old 10-05-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hi team, still going here, busy week and still managed 8 AA meetings in 7 days! Watched Wales v Fiji in a pub last Thursday felt a bit strange to be back amongst the drinkers had loads of lemonade, one guy was drunk and like you Pink it makes me uneasy to be around so I left to watch it in a quieter bar where the barmaid announced 'Well, wonders never cease! Where have you been hiding?' Gave some excuses and had to stop her when she automatically started pouring a cider which I always drank there and asked for lemonade to which her and two other barmaids there were shocked and said 'Wow this really is a turn up for the books!' It felt good to drink that soft drink and leave in total control and in total gratitude that I could leave when I had planned to not when the alcohol dictated- which was usually closing time.

I frequent coffee bars more now and at a regular one I go to the waitress there used to work at a pub I used to go to, it felt nice when she asks 'Americano?' now in the same expectancy as she used to ask 'Strongbow?'.

Day 106 today, or 15weeks! Joined a gym programme which is an hour session twice a week, I still feel very self conscious despite being sober for a while now- hoping this fades as I get used to doing things sober.....
Old 10-05-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

1Step look how you are going strong! What a great post to read! Glad you are well, and are keeping in control. I spend much more time in coffee shops now. I sat in Starbucks the other day and heard a girl say '3.75 , for a COFFEE? I could get a large glass of wine for that in wetherspoons, what a rip off' and it made me smile. I could go to Starbucks every day and I'd still spend only a quarter of what I did drinking!

Determind I am painting magnolia base coat at the moment to get rid of putrid yellow that the previous occupants put up! Enjoying it and spent another 2 hours at it this evening.

Ultra, hope your stings are healing ok, the little buggers!

London, glad you're good, enjoy your latte. Autumn has definitely arrived up here, Brrrrrrr!

I got my job! I am safe! Hurrah! What a long drawn out process, what a bloody relief! Thank you for you kind words and support, much appreciated xxx

My next degree module started yesterday, so until January I will be moaning about that from now on!

Wishing you all lots of love xx
Old 10-05-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Monday with a clear head is awesome Choobie! I could tell a lot of folks on my team were not feeling so hot from Sunday football parties!

Too funny ultra, at least it wasn't beer my friend!

1step, loved reading your post dude. You are doing fantastic and making some great new habits. Truly happy to hear it man. I agree with you and pink on being uncomfortable around drunk people now. They seem unpredictable and quite annoying. So much better to be known as a regular at the coffee shop!

Pink, well hell yes girl on the job!!! What a freaking relief huh!! I had no doubt my friend, I am quite certain you light up the place and they are incredibly fortunate to have you. Awesome!

Hope you are doing okay with your family London, thoughts are with you man. Post and let us help if you can, or simply just to vent if you need to. We got your back brotha.

Scooter, grateful, dry, rah, max and the rest of the gang, have a great night and sleep tight.

You too Dee and many thanks for everything you do man, truly remarkable.

Bedfordshire kiddies...
Old 10-05-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

You sound great 1Step! Congratulations on the job Pink!

My stings were looking pretty angry so I went to the doctor. All is fine and I have a topical steroid cream and some anti histamine. Guess I'll be doing a bigger taper than expected this week. I still hope to get a 10 mile run in this weekend.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:16 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Happy Tuesday

Hope all is good! Thank you for your words and support. I am ok, a family member was quite ill but looking ok now. Glad I can be there now and not hide down here in London with my bottles.

Determined - well done mate. Get you on the football. I have been having a few envious thoughts whilst the rugby World Cup is on, back actually I have enjoyed watching the games far more at home. I am backing Wales one step! Good luck with the gym stuff and well done on being in that bar, you did great

Ha ha, pink! I know people complain about coffee vs alcohol. I have a big coffee bill each week but probably 1/10 of the old booze bill!

Hi to all, I must dash as off to the gym this morning :-)
Old 10-06-2015, 02:37 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Top of this lovely Tuesday!

Glad you are doing well London. Let's keep ignoring that av! Much better to remember watching the game man!

Off to make the kale shake and kick the day into gear.

"Better to wear it out than to rust it out."

Be original.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hey all

So I went ten pin bowling on a works event tonight. First time I have ever played this sober and I was actually quite good and really enjoyed it.

It just keeps getting better and better if we stick at this hey :-)
Old 10-06-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Pink I totally missed the bit at the end of your last post that said the job news had come through. Good on you, that's great!! Good to have the uncertainty removed and crack on with plans
Old 10-06-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Congratulations on securing your job Pink, and good choice London on supporting Wales!

Not a good today, offered an olive branch yet again to my Dad and txt him and left a message on his phone asking if he fancied going to a football game that was on tonight on me as an early birthday present, and no reply so missed game now, he knows Im sober now and but not going to let it get to me Ive tried and that's all I can do.

Also asked my former sponsor if he fancied a coffee and catch up as I was passing his hometown we've remained friends (or so I thought after we parted ways of sponsorship), he called me and stated quite aggressively that he doesn't want to meet up with me outside of meetings and that he doesn't want or need to hear my problems anymore- he then asked if I had a new sponsor to which I told him yes I have. It hurts that Ive confided in him things as I thought he was a mate but obviously I was wrong- feel a bit naïve about it all but again I don't feel Ive done anything wrong so I'll move on.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like that guys problem not yours 1step - I agree - keep moving on

D
Old 10-06-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

I agree with Dee one step, these are not your issues. You are on the right path and doing the right things. Keep on going and be patient my friend. Your life will keep getting better and good people will come into your life when you least expect it. Stay strong man, we got your back brotha.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:28 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Happy hump day kids!

Big all day meeting today at work and then a dinner. Not bothered at all to be honest. Eye on the prize baby!

London, sounds fun man! Who would have thought we could have fun like that without king alcohol! Well done man.

"Your doubts are not as powerful as your dreams unless you make them so." Marcia weider.

Laugh loud kids!

Love.