Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 20

Old 10-07-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Thanks GUYS! I'm relieved for sure. Morale at work is still bad as not everyone got what they wanted, but at least the pressure is OFF!

I am a bit achey today from painting which is annoying as I really enjoy it!

I tried camomile tea for the first time yesterday and I love it! I've had 5 cups today! Lovely STUFF!

Ok quick post as I'm very tired, know that I am thinking of you all, and am so grateful to have you guys xxx
Old 10-07-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Evening all

1step, don't worry about that guy. I imagine he has taken the sponsor stuff the wrong way. Keep yourself with the positive and supportive people

I am at home this evening, some down time after travelling and lots of running. Feeling nice and relaxed

Hoping everyone is doing good :-)
Old 10-07-2015, 10:23 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hey team! I have been busy with the start of the new quarter and drowning in papers to grade already. All is good though.

Pink - Congrats, I am so happy for you that the pressure is off. Yay!

1StepUp - I agree with the rest of the team, your former sponsor has his own issues. Let it go and move on. Sorry to hear that you reached out to your Dad and he let you down. You are doing fantastic by the way.

Determined - hope your meeting and dinner went well, thanks for the consistent positivity and inspirational quotes.

london - so great to hear that you are feeling nice and relaxed my friend =)

Ultra - hope you are feeling better and those bee stings are not getting in the way of your training!

Choobie - great to see you!

Scooter - How is the volunteer driving lately? I wish they had something like that for someone in my position. Hope you are well.

Rah - how are you? I miss your posts....

Today I am grateful for:
beautiful, sunny autumn days
white, fluffy clouds
homemade lasagne bolognese
refreshing water with orange slices
kind, thoughtful strangers
the ability to deal with stress more effectively
laughing with my children
hope

Old 10-07-2015, 10:31 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Hey Grateful - hope you are doing well! Paperwork can be a drag but so and steady you will get there :-)

Morning all, early start, the dark mornings are arriving but no worries when you feel fresh and alert!

Have a great day all. Almost the weekend

Rah - same shout as Grateful, let us know how you are
Old 10-08-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

What up gang, happy Thursday!

Love the list grateful, dinner and everything went without a hitch. People are used to me and it's my thing now. Lots of laughs, and I like this way of living much better guys! Especially the drive home!! And don't forget the morning after!

Gotta jump out of here, have a fairly large presentation this morning to a hundred fifty or so folks, bring it baby! Give me the mike!

"Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment." Lao tes

Life, love and laughter.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Good Morning Team!

Lets keep enjoying our new lives and focusing on doing the right stuff!
Old 10-08-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Presentation done, was awesome!

Hope everyone is doing great, stop in and say hey!
Old 10-08-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Greetings!

I have been busier than ever lately - we thought we would get remnants of the hurricane so had to move things indoors, etc.

Pink, I am happy to hear you have your job! What stress.

London, glad to hear you could be there for your family, and the relative is improving.

Ultra and Grateful, you both sound very upbeat.

1Step, don't let the )(*&&^% get you down. You are doing great. I think most of us on the team are overly sensitive; our feelings get hurt easily.

Determined, your quotes always brighten my day. Congrats on the presentation.

Choobie, I have driven to Boston almost every day for the past week. The man I drove in for a second opinion decided to have the surgery - they had to reset it, do pins, etc. His wife will not drive into Boston. They asked the COA if I could drive them to the hospital and bring the wife to visit, and the COA director said people could not pick their drivers, and it was only for appointments, not for a family member to visit. They had my cell number and called to tell me; I told them not to go through the COA, I would just bring them in. Yesterday was the last day; the wife and I drove in and brought him home. They wanted to pay me, but I explained that I feel the need to volunteer. I have brought a few people to local medical visits. They really need drivers to bring people for chemo and radiation, but I am not yet comfortable doing that.

Max. Rah, Hobbers, other team members - let us know how you are.

Let's keep on keeping on!
Old 10-09-2015, 02:43 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Is it really Friday? Hell yes!!! Woot woot!!!

Big morning coffee, window open, some good jazz on the hi fi. Life is good.

Got some travel coming up, presentations in a few different cities. Should be good, will check in here quite a bit I am certain. Always keeping the guard up my friends.

Read something you guys may like. "It is not productive to expect others to improve your life. Doing so weakens your power. It is up to you to make the changes in your life that you want." I think we should pause every once in a while and celebrate how far we have come, and rekindle that vision of why we started this and the goal of the person we want to be. Easy to let the little noises of the day dilute your dreams. Keep moving confidently forward, smile on your face and a dance in your step.

"I seek constantly to improve my manners and graces, for they are the sugar to which all are attracted." Og Mandingo
Old 10-09-2015, 10:38 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Determined - love you Dude, thank you....just thank you.

"It is not productive to expect others to improve your life. Doing so weakens your power. It is up to you to make the changes in your life that you want." I think we should pause every once in a while and celebrate how far we have come, and rekindle that vision of why we started this and the goal of the person we want to be. Easy to let the little noises of the day dilute your dreams. Keep moving confidently forward, smile on your face and a dance in your step."

I just had a potentially life-altering phone interview for a full-time position today. It would make my life better in every possibly way if I could get this job. Right now I am juggling 5 part-time jobs with very long commutes which leaves no time for personal care, family connections, sleep, etc. It will change my life if I can get this position and I will definitely pay it forward.

Hugs to all.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:51 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Hey all

Friday passed me by snoozing between travel and meetings! I seem to be on a round of presentations like you Determined - but my word, they feel so different nowadays and I actually enjoy them just a little bit! I used to drink to excess the night before every single one and sometimes before them in the day too. Wow.

I am rested now and happy it's the weekend - on my way to morning AA and definitely treating myself to a pumpkin spiced latte this morning!!

Grateful - I wish you lots of luck with the interview. Fingers crossed - it sounds like a great opportunity

Scooter - that's lots of driving me but it sounds like you are getting a lot out of the position

Hello to everyone else too !!
Old 10-10-2015, 01:06 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Grateful, I am rooting for you, this interview is an opportunity to sell yourself proud! Good luck my friend! Thinking of you xxx
Old 10-10-2015, 01:30 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

London and Determind way to go on your presentations, I admire you both, they terrify me!

Scooter your new position sounds so lovely, I would like to do something like that in the future. One if my favourite things about nursing is all the different people I get to meet, we cross so many paths of life.

No real plans this weekend, just pottering and getting bits done around the house, I like weekends like this.

I was invited to a ladies pamper party last night and bailed at the last minute as the prelude photos posted on line showed a lot of booze and I wasn't in the mood to be around merry people. Instead, I nipped out, bought a bottle if shloer, a bag of marshmallows, a share bag of popcorn, some cinnamon candles, and we snuggled and watched the green mile instead. Much better!

Started my christmas shopping yesterday. We have a small family and I wish I had more people to buy for because I love the shopping and wrapping! My other half has a real skin sensitivity to any jewellery and has a phobia of clocks (I know, crackers!), so the obvious choices of special gifts like watches and jewellery are out. We usually have a rule to only buy each other things we wouldn't buy ourselves. It can be serious or silly, it can be a physical gift or an experience day, but always something we wouldn't justify buying ourselves. This year I have sourced a tie pin and cufflink set from Slovakia which are wooden, showing a cross section of a tree. Simple, classy, different. I've also bought him a lego train set and some ridiculous socks that have individual toes in them! On the hunt for more quirk, another 100 quid in the budget, any Ideas?

Hope you all have a fab weekend guys, much love to all xxx
Old 10-10-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Well well well, if it ain't a big bright Saturday morning! Raising a big ole coffee mug at ya gang!

Grateful, you totally made my morning! Really happy that the message you read was timed well for your day. I have absolutely no doubt you will move to a full time position. That is where you are aimed and you will get there! You are ready and, more importantly, you deserve it. Whoever you work for will be lucky to have you! My thought energies are in your corner my friend.

London, oh how I relate to how you used to do presentations! I would do them feeling and looking so rough that I actually put preparation h under my eyes to reduce the swelling! My god man. Freakin ridiculous! Like you, I have fun with them now and can be myself.

Scooter, the volunteering you are doing is absolutely wonderful. I have had procedures done recently and had my wife drive me. I noticed many of the older folks waiting for rides afterwards, and I felt such a feeling of empathy for them that My eyes filled with tears. Loneliness can be crushing in a time of need and poor health. You are a true angel and you are bringing more love and hope into their lives than you will ever know. I salute you for this scooter. Just awesome.

Pink, how about some ridiculous pajamas? Like the all one piece kind with the button flap over the behind. If you could find them with a hood and rabbit ears even better. Then trick him to go out and get the paper while wearing them and for fun lock him outside for a few minutes! I am laughing while typing this by the way!

Keep on running ultra. Show Forrest Gump how it's done baby!

Gonna get this party started kids, have a fantastic day! Spread the love around like bananas on lettuce!!

"Most people are not really free. They are confined by the niche in the world that they carve out for themselves. They limit themselves to fewer possibilities by the narrowness of their vision." Naiped.

Go get it.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Determind I am howling! I love the idea, but he has bestowed a ban on the wear of all onsie like attire! Pyjamas might be fun though, will have a Google see what Co es up. Preferably small things as we are going to lundy for christmas and can only take 10kg on the helicopter! Xx
Old 10-11-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday my friends!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Pink, glad you cracked up!

Yesterday was a beautiful day, absolutely gorgeous. Unexpectedly had to work the entire afternoon, which was very frustrating at first, but I let it pass, looked at big picture. I was thankful I was in a position with a clear mind to do it! Finished around 8pm, av kicked head up a bit, but I knocked its frail body quickly to the ground. Did yoga instead.

Gonna go for a run on this fine morning. Coffee in hand right now, listening to a flute concerto by locatelli. Giving thanks and putting my head in the right place - attitude of gratitude.

Have a great day with love and laughter guys!

"Healing may not be so much about getting better, its about letting go of everything that isn't you - all of the expectations, all of the beliefs - and becoming who you are." Rachel remen.

Abundance.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Good Morning all! Today will be my final training run prior to officially claiming my name next Sunday.

Let's,have a great day!
Old 10-11-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hey gang!
Scooter-your position sound fulfilling, and I would be so grateful for he service you are providing! It pays dividends to all involved.

Grateful, this is your time. Even if this position doesn't pan out, you are getting noticed and you will hone in on your goal now that you know what you want!

Eeks, Pink. Holiday shopping? Your gifts sound fun and thoughtful.

Ultra, you are now actualizing your goal. It's tremendously inspiring. Thank you! And rooting for you all the way!

Determined and London, what a difference, huh? Great on both of you! When I used to give presentations, I focused on what people thought of me. Now, I'm totally focused on if they are really understanding the message.

Not much new here. Just in moving forward, inch by inch. But that's over 30 feet in the last year, far enough to completely see a different viewpoint!

Love to you all!
Old 10-12-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Happy Monday!

So this must be somewhere around 60 or so clear headed, guilt free Monday mornings since this journey was started. Wow! I still appreciate each and every one.

Great point on the presentations Choobie. Well done ultra!

Gotta get moving gang, have a great day!

"Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than your thoughts." Benjamin Disraeli

Eye on the prize.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Grateful, best of luck on the job.

Determined, I loved the post about it not being productive to expect others to improve your life.

Pink, what about tickets to an event for a gift? What about something to get next year's garden ready so the garden police doesn't come calling with her big mouth?

Ultra, you amaze me!

London, Choobie, Determined - thanks for the reminder that this volunteer driving is a good thing - I have been feeling really bad that I am not comfortable driving people in for chemo or radiation. One of my brothers had a brain tumor, and when he was treated at Dana-Farber he and his wife sometimes stayed with me in my condo when he was too weak to make it home- he lost his hair, his looks, so much weight that he was under 100 pounds, had a feeding tube, etc. That was in 2004-2005; he is fine today, but I think I have PTSD from that time. I just can't seem to get myself to do it, and that is what they need the most help with. But, I am driving many people for colonoscopies and eye appointments where they cannot drive themselves, and to Boston because they either cannot drive themselves or are afraid to drive into the city.

Yesterday I went to the Newport Playhouse with my two sisters and my sister-in-law. Last year when we went at this time, I was amazed that I thought the drinks looked great and wanted a few, while they reminded the other three of fancy desserts - this year, they held no appeal to me!

The library is closed today for Columbus day- no shelf reading, so I think I will go sit on the beach and read.

Have a wonderful day, my friends. Let's keep on keeping on!