# 142 (permalink)  
Administrator

seconded

D
Old 10-13-2015, 12:45 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Hey all

Hope everyone is doing good!

I haven't posted for a couple of days as I helped out at an AA gathering in London over the weekend. Nothing huge - just some help with logistics and teas / coffees etc. It was well attended and I met some good people. I have been getting those thoughts recently that I don't need to put daily work in any more, all is fine blah blah - so this has helped change my thinking.

Determined - I soooo agree on Mondays! Yesterday I was so tired but nothing compared to the horrible Monday wake ups a year or so ago. That's if I bothered to get up at all for work!

Keep doing the good stuff everyone
Old 10-13-2015, 02:43 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Howdy ho kids! Happy Tuesday.

Gotta travel a bit for presentations, trying to center my attitude of gratitude and enjoy it.

Great stuff London. Don't listen to the av man, daily is the key brotha!

Hope everyone is doing fantastic, big hugs all around gang!

"Take away the cause and the effect ceases." Miguel vervain

Time to go kick some serious booty!!

Love.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:35 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Those who ask if the glass is half full or half empty are missing the point that we can refill the glass.

Let's keep it up!
Old 10-14-2015, 03:35 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Happy humps gang!

Traveling is much better without the poison my friends. Walked around the city, found a great healthy restaurant and did some yoga. Up before the sun, Starbucks in hand and headed for the gym! That's how we roll up in here baby!

"Don't worry about a thing cause every little thing is gonna be alright." Bob Marley

Love.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Hi guys

Wow determined what a great start to the day, sounds great!

I have been to a different office for a meeting so I get to leave a little earlier - headed home now at 4pm UK time. Yes!

Definitely started to feel like autumn today with some cold wind - a real change as we have had a sunny couple of weeks this October so far. Brrr, time for the heating soon. I do like autumn a lot though

Have a great hump day all
Old 10-14-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Ultra, fantastic little phrase there that I will be stealing, really love the perspective! Count down is on for your huge challenge now buddy!

London, 4pm finish these days is different these days! Think of what a 4pm finish meant 18 months ago! Enjoy your extra hours of downtime feeling fresh and fantastic!

Determind, what a fab start to the day you have had! Great inspiration!

I'm having a bad time, need a little moan, is that ok? There was a terrible car accident in my town yesterday, an elderly lady was driving the wrong way down the a47 and had a head on collision with a friend of mine. The old lady died instantly. My friend has been taken to addenbrookes and is in intensive care, with shattered arms, legs and ribs. They need to operate but she is too poorly. She had just dropped her 2 boys at school, so thankfully they were not in the car. It's touch and go, and very exhausting, emotional and stressful. Yesterday was an emotional roller coaster, and I thought about drinking. Not because I wanted to, but it was a go to fight or flight response to a traumatic event. I didn't, and I'm glad. Family are pulling together now looking after each other and picking up pieces this end, whilst her mother is comutting to visit her daily. You just never know when you leave home in the morning if you get to come home again, so make sure you say I love you when you leave, and embrace when you return.

The next few days I have assignment deadlines to meet also, so may not post much, but I'm ok guys.

Thinking of you all, hoping you are all well xx
Old 10-14-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

So sorry Pink for this traumatic event, thoughts and prayers are with your friend and her family. This shows how precious life, family and friends are... take care.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for your friend - and for you

D
Old 10-14-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Wow pink, I am so sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers are with you, please reach out to us I we can help ok? You are spot on, every single day is a precious gift. Never miss an opportunity to say I love you. Hang in there girl.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:49 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

(((Pink))) - Thoughts and prayers for you and your friend.

Old 10-14-2015, 11:10 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, really appreciate the thoughts. Today is a study day so I am working from home. My task today is to locate 2 journal articles regarding the implications of driving with dementia (the irony of this regarding my fiends car accident is uncanny), one qualitative research article and one quantitative research article and to discuss them. I aim to have 500 words done by 5pm.

Today's plan:
Shower - check
Coffee - check
Breakfast - check
Second coast of paint on hallway - check
Quick cheeky episode of Dexter - check
Study - impending.

Still not bad from my 5 am start!

Every second counts people. Do something today that makes you and others smile, say nice things, take your time, and just appreciate the little things around you. Never leave the house unresolved, you really never know xxx
Old 10-14-2015, 11:53 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Hi guys

A quick post as I am on my way to work and a little late!

I am sorry to hear about the accident Pink. I will take your advice and slow down today and I will do something nice for someone too xx
Old 10-15-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about the accident Pink. I thinking of you.

I have been thinking about an ultra running term lately, "the hay is in the barn". I guess this is in reference to a farmers chores being done: crops tended to, animals fed and milked, everything put away. Nothing more to do except trust the work will pay off with a bountiful harvest.

In running terms it references one backing off training before a big event. The work has been done, the endurance has been gained, and one needs to trust what has already been done to get to this point.

In our terms it means to recognize the work that we've done, and call upon it when needed. For some, that means recognizing we've navigated through each season and holiday. For others that means calling on major wins,in a shorter time frame. Let's acknowledge our efforts and successes as we meet each new day and challenge- and put another bunch ao hay in the barn.

Let's trust, and recognize that we deserve this while we stay focused on our goals and positive choices.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:54 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Good morning all

Yey - it's Friday!!

I really liked your post and the reference about the hay being in the barn.

I find that now I am able to call up hidden reserves when I am out and about and facing pressures and events etc. It's good - like those sober muscles keep building!!

How are you doing Pink? All ok I hope

I am on my way to work, countdown to the weekend :-)
Old 10-16-2015, 02:51 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Happy freakin Friday kids!

Feels great to be back! Traveling is a very enlightening experience now. I notice heavy drinking everywhere that's for sure. Including the guys with beers at the bar around 9am. What in the hell could ever make us think that is a good idea. It's like, looking back now, we were under hypnosis. Really strange to ponder.

Presentations went great, I was surprised at the size of the crowds, nervous at first, but fine after a few minutes. Then you can't shut me up! Ate healthy, did yoga in my room after dinner and was at the gym by 5:30 am each day. I can't express eloquently enough how grateful I am for this new life. It truly feels like an awakening.

Great post ultra! Proud of you dude, you set a goal and are going to smash it. Few can say that my friend. Talk is talk, kill is kill. You are killing it. High five on that!

I hear you on the hidden reserves London. Being full of energy and able to be positive and articulate at 7pm? Who does that!! Lol!

Pink, I thought of you several times. You are spot on about cherishing every moment. I sincerely hope your friend is doing better, do send love from "your on line friends" when you can. Chin up girl, keep us posted and lean on us anytime.

Gotta jump, have a spectacular day team.

"To free us from the expectations of others, to give us back to ourselves. There lies the great, singular powers of self respect." Joan Dodson.

Scooter, Choobie, rah, 1step, grateful and the gang, love and hugs friends.

Go get it!
Old 10-17-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday gang!

Quick check in, have a great day!

"To find yourself, think for yourself." Socrates

Love.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:43 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Good morning Team!

Off to a little run. Make today great!
Old 10-18-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday kids!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Check in kids, there are tumbleweeds blowing through here!

Worked on house projects yesterday, having a bunch of kids over for a Halloween party next weekend. Should be awesome!

AV poking about a bit yesterday, I guess that never ends huh?

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well' neither does bathing, that's why we recommend it daily." Zig Ziglar

Love.