Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 20

Old 11-29-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Happy Sunday!

I am hoping our friends across the pond had a lovely Thanksgiving. Scooter and Determined - super work is smashing that AV. I think mine also likes the holiday season but you know we have build these sober muscles to use now. I love the glass Santa.

Pink - I have more theatre on my 2016 list! I was taking the opportunity to review my 2015 list and I have been successful in lots of it. Still time for a little more from the list!

So I have busy weekends and work is going to be mad in December so today I might just have a festive day and put up the Xmas decs. I know it's very early. Last year I didn't want Xmas at all and this year I feel much stronger and ready for sober celebrations

I would love to see you Grateful if you are there

Have a great day all :-)
Old 11-29-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Good stuff Scooter, Pink, and Determined! You acknowledged what was happening and didn't act on the thoughts.

And London- great work on acknowledging the benefits you were gaining from your fellowship in AA.

For years our subconscious was overflowing with thoughts of alcohol. It is going to take time to fully purge these lingering thoughts. One has to expect though that they will become less frequent over time- as will the volume of the voice when it pops up.

Let's all continue to check in Team as part of our daily commitment to remain alcohol free- and remind one another of the benefits.

I know we're only a handful of members now. That in no way diminishes our strength.

There's no other group of folks I'd choose to battle- and continue to conquer- this thing with!
Old 11-29-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

London, I'm putting up my Dec's too! Last year i was grumpy, this year I'm excited. Normally I wait for 1st Dec to put Dec's up, but I just got that Sunday christmas feel! I've been reflecting on my list too, and haven't done too badly, still a few bits to tick off, still a few weeks to go!

Ultra what a lovely post. We are a small team, but we are strong and solid, and we are there unconditionally. How precious that is. I am so grateful to have stumbled across you guys at my most vulnerable xxx

Now chilling with a box of chocs and an episode of Columbo!

Smile xxxx
Old 11-29-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Here!
Congrats, Pink! Well done on the job front!

Ultra, strong post. I love how the momentum is gaining in the opposite direction!

Great job beating back that AV, everyone. Well Done!! Yay!!!

It has been a whirlwind of a long weekend-frantically cooking and cleaning, followed by an evening full of family. Then black Friday shopping with my daughter and binge-watching rom-coms, followed by a family day of brunch, bowling, a movie, junk food-so much fun! It was a great holiday, and a wonderful break.

Love to you all!
Old 11-29-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Choobie your weekend sounded wonderful! Good to hear good things xxx
Old 11-29-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Thanks pink, London, ultra and choobie! You guys rock!!

Bedfordshire after a long holiday, guilt free baby...

Love.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:45 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Happy Monday! Woo! Hoo!

Attitude of gratitude is front and center today. Ready to go in and kick some butt!

Have a fantastic day guys!

"One kind word can warm three winter months." Japanese proverb
Old 11-30-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Ah determined what an awesome proverb, it has warmed me through!! Happy blustery Monday from the UK! Brrrrr it's cold! ! Xxx
Old 11-30-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Hope everyone is good.

I have man flu so I took the day off work today to recover. I don't feel guilty about calling in sick any more. I used to often and actually pre-plan it when it would be acceptable weeks out.

So I spent the day with chicken soup, TV and I had the energy to do some admin I have been meaning to do, just some bills and bank stuff on the laptop.

On the mend now, I hope to go into the office tomorrow

I love that proverb too :-)
Old 11-30-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Get well soon london, man flu is terrible! Look after yourself, take time to feel better. Ice cream, and amazon prime spring to mind! Xxx
Old 11-30-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

I'm so tired this evening so heading to Bedfordshire early. Excited about opening day 1 of my advent calendar in the morning, woooooooooohooooooooo!

Tomorrow evenings task is christmas card writing 😊

This time last year i was drinking coconut mocktails in Thailand. .........This year it's a can of lilt in front of the tele. Hmm mm, maybe this time next year i will be in better Climates!

Night night folks xxxxx
Old 11-30-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better, London! I made chicken noodle soup for those who have been stricken by man flu in our home this evening as well.
Happy Christmas card writing, Pink!
Blizzard tonight, so I guess winter is here!
Old 11-30-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Administrator

get well soon London

D
Old 11-30-2015, 11:18 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

December 1ST, my favourite month if the year 😁

I'm up early for work, a bit zombified but I've bought the latest live lounge cd to listen to on the way to work so that will perk me up no doubt!

No news here folks, some duck diving, some days are easy, but the days pass successfully and that's the number that counts!

Have a great day everybody xxx
Old 11-30-2015, 11:50 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Wow....December 1st

I like this time of the year too.

I feel much better today. Ah Choobie chicken noodle soup is the perfect man flu treatment. I hope you are staying warm and fingers crossed you won't see blizzards like last year.

Love the live lounge stuff pink! Especially when someone does something totally off the wall, but amazingly catchy. Like when the Artic Monkeys did Girls Aloud. Ha ha

Have a great day all, happy December 1st
Old 12-01-2015, 02:52 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Hey good morning kids!

Sorry you got a bit of flu London, nothing worse. Glad you are mending up! Pink, I hear you on the duck diving, but you got this! New job, holidays here, baking to be done my friend!!

Choobie, I am jealous of the blizzard! I bought a new snow blower and generator last year. And in the garage they sit!

So look, my shoes came! Wearing those pink flamingoes to the gym today baby!

Also, this past weekend was tough with the AV. I was out shopping at a Christmas village and stumbled on a vendor selling odd things and I bought a small blue Buddha statue. It now is just another small reminder of how I felt and that I can always push through and duck dive and it will pass.

Scheduled an appointment for another round of tattoos! It is my equivalent of a spa day.

"Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves." James Barrie

Giddy up!
Old 12-01-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Let's have a great one Team!
Old 12-01-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy December guys

D
Old 12-01-2015, 11:49 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

london glad you're feeling better dude! Loving my new cd but haven't found my favourite track yet, have only listened to 6 songs so far!
Determind love your spontaneous buddha buy! I'm looking for a large one for my home but haven't found the right one yet!
I broke a tooth yesterday so had to have emergency treatment. Jaw is still so sore this morning, think I will be on the milkshake today rather than food! Still hate the dentist!

Off for another busy day at work, will be handing in my notice shortly, last day will be 29th Jan. Still can't believe it!

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday, I'm counting down to my birthday on Sunday!

Much love xxx
Old 12-02-2015, 02:54 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Happy hump day! Boy this week is moving quickly!

Sorry about your tooth pink. Yikes!! Smoothies rock! Treat yourself to some good ones! For inside the home I recommend blessing pose Buddha. Brings blessings and dispels fear. If it is outside make sure it faces your house. A unique one I don't see much is one referred to as relaxed Buddha with his head on his knee. One I am keeping my eyes out for is fasting Buddha, but that one is a little strange looking to some, I love it though.

Stop in for a high five today gang!

"Life is short and we have never too much time for glad denying the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us. Be swift to love, make haste to be kind." Henri

Love.