Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 5

Old 09-14-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TroyW View Post
For me, "winter" means -38C with 6 foot snow drifts, putting chains on the car tires, scraping the ice off the windshield every day, worrying about frostbite, etc. +18C. heh.
Exactly! If your fingers and toes are not purple...then it's not really Winter! lol

I'm in the Canadian Rockies...today it was 8°C/46°F...a lovely September morning!

lol
Old 09-14-2015, 11:32 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by creativespirit9 View Post
Right now I have 3 weeks and a day
If I'm looking at the calendar right, that puts you at August 23, right? I will wait a bit longer before I post a corrected list!
Old 09-14-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Trying on landmine hats and hugging speeding 18-wheelers. Drank a snapple, felt like a moron. Ugh.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by benice View Post
If I'm looking at the calendar right, that puts you at August 23, right? I will wait a bit longer before I post a corrected list!
Hi Benice- Yes -Aug 23rd is correct.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Exactly! If your fingers and toes are not purple...then it's not really Winter! lol

I'm in the Canadian Rockies...today it was 8°C/46°F...a lovely September morning!

lol
Canadian Rockies ??!!
Oh man I bet that's beautiful there !
Old 09-14-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Thanks Benice! August 24th for me and I am feeling pretty good. It's not very easy but nothing worth having is. Weekends are tough, when I felt the urge to drink I have yet more herbal tea. I'm starting to hate it and will need a new replacement beverate!
Old 09-14-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Not much to report. Still have headaches in the morning, but that's pretty normal for me. Having people who keep me accountable, even if they are "only" online, keeps me grounded and sure I can do this. I am so glad I found SR.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

I need write that down - replacement drink. Good idea !
Old 09-14-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

My favorite replacement drink is Zero Vitamin Water - lemon flavored.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

I have so many replacement drinks!

Ginger beer is a recent fave. I also love bubbly water, lemon or lime...or straight up unsweetened iced tea. Hot tea when the temperature drops....
Old 09-14-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

I'm back . I hope everyone is doing okay. Have been so busy with life , and .... Drum roll .... Still sober !!! Almost 1 month . had some issues with my gallbladder though it was awful, did a big cleanse and feel much better now , no pain at last .
Old 09-14-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Hello Augustables! I'm back from my hiking trip which was fantastic! We hiked the Presidential Range: Mt Webster, Jackson, Pierce, Franklin, Eisenhower and Monroe in the Whites in NH. Couldn't do Mt Washington due to bad weather. What a beautiful area. I'm exhausted but happy and doing great. Still going strong!

Happy to see you all again!
Old 09-14-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Many good stories to read here tonight! Great job, guys & gals! I'm four whole weeks sober, now... I was going to work out today, but my head is just pounding. I think I'm suffering the effects of food allergy, and I was stupid and ate egg salad. Either that, or I over caffeinated (easy to do when you work at a coffee shop) anyway, I'm always reluctant to take pain relievers because I think I've done enough damage to my liver already!! ANYWAY! This month's focus is #1 staying sober & #2 losing 10 lbs. I'm REALLY excited about my next tattoo... And I still really miss my mum. That's all folks! Keep the posts coming.. It's great to hear from each of you!

"We're our own dragons, as well as our own Heroes, and we have to rescue ourselves from ourselves." -Tom Robbins
Old 09-14-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Canadian Rockies ??!!
Oh man I bet that's beautiful there !
Damn rights! I lived in the Rockies for a year, and was beautiful. Believe it or not, (something like) this used to be the view from my home office:

The Three Sister's mountains. We only lived there for a year, but was the best year of my life. We had season passes to Sunshine, and it was great. Work hard for a few days, and when stressed, spend a day on the mountain skiing with the love of your life. Our original plan was to move to Vancouver (from Toronto), but we got stuck in the Rockies for a year. Once we drove through it, we knew that's where we're living.

Then we moved to Budapest of all places in the world, and everything went to hell.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:09 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MilitiARGH View Post
Trying on landmine hats and hugging speeding 18-wheelers. Drank a snapple, felt like a moron. Ugh.
I have no clue what you are talking about but it cracked me up. What hapoened to the snapple lady?
Old 09-14-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
I need write that down - replacement drink. Good idea !
Arnold palmer or green iced tea. Fizzy water w juice.

I Love CAnada..., Vancouver, also love Sydney! Ready for a change in scenery!
Old 09-14-2015, 11:43 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

I've been thinking, how do you let your guard down?

I don't know. There's a part of me that would love to clean the slate, and just start life fresh without knowing anything. There's another part that's glad I have the memories I do, because I know full well how cruel this world can be.

However, it's gotten to the point where my guard is up so high, I'm not willing to give the world a chance. It's a good thing to have your guard up, but at the same time, not a good thing.

I don't know.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:26 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found I was a lot more open with a little sober time troy - still guarded but not closed off, if that makes sense?

D
Old 09-15-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gjess View Post
I'm back . I hope everyone is doing okay. Have been so busy with life , and .... Drum roll .... Still sober !!! Almost 1 month . had some issues with my gallbladder though it was awful, did a big cleanse and feel much better now , no pain at last .
Gjess would you please tell me what you took for your big cleanse. No medical advice. Just curious!
Old 09-15-2015, 02:46 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Checking in and most are seeming to be doing well! So happy for yall! A few having some hard times but it'll pass hang in there!
I'm doing well. No depression. Feeling positive. No over worrying. No issue creating. Just living moment to moment. It's nice so I'm trying to not draw a lot of attention to it. I'll be hanging around on the outskirts today! Have a good Tuesday! 57 for me!