Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 8

Old 09-18-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

My condolences Swimkim, chin up.

Checking in. I doing great but aware of how quickly it can all go pear-shaped. Got to be vigilant..

Have a great weekend
Old 09-18-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone 😀 good news is the AV has been quiet today. Grateful for that. I hope you all have a peaceful start to the weekend.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:10 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss, SwimKim.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
OMD

I am sorry for your loss Kim.

I hope everyone has a happy and sober weekend.

All going well here. Meeting up with 2 of my oldest drinking buddies later, which should be interesting. One I haven't seen since I stopped drinking. Ah well.

None for me today, because I prefer being sober.

Best wishes
OMD
Old 09-19-2015, 04:00 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Hoping everyone has or is having a great, sober, Saturday!
Old 09-19-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Good morning. I finally downloaded an app to track my quit days. 152 days and an estimated $750 saved. I plugged in $5/day. I would have to think it's more than that.

Got me thinking. I'm gonna put aside $30/wk cash. IDK...it's tough because I never have enough money. But on the other hand, I never let that stop my drinking.

Gonna set a reoccurring task on Fridays to pull the cash from my account. We'll see. Would be super cool if I actually did it!
Old 09-19-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

A promise I'm hoping I won't have to keep:

I had joined a similar forum a couple years ago for quitting chew. I had gone from smoking, to dip, then quit it. I was very very active on that site. Very thankful for all the support. Just like now. Honestly, I was more active there.

Well...one day I smoked. I didn't post it. I continued my progress. No biggie. Then later, I smoked again. Kept posting and lying how many days I was tobacco free. And before I knew it, I was buying packs again. Kept posting. Figuring I would quit. Didn't happen.

How I handled it was I stopped going to the site altogether one day and ignored all PM's. I felt bad about it, but I was eventually able to bury those feelings. Here I am now smoking a pack a day thinking I need to quit.

And lately, Zab just drops off the list. IDK if he's drinking or not, but having been there, Done that, I know how he feels if he is. Obviously it's not a very good feeling. Even if the drinking is controlled (at the time being) and assuming he's drinking at all. He's got a lot going on. Might be just fine.

I just don't want that to happen to me. If I drink, I want to just say so. Get it off my chest. I don't want to just up and leave.

I promise that if I drink, I will post it. If I continue to drink, I will say goodbye for now.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

You know what, Inc? I'm going to promise that too. One of the big things that gets me through those tough moments is accountability, but there is also the knowledge that you can just disappear. Not if you promise... really seriously promise.. that WHATEVER happens you WILL check in.

I hereby promise that WHATEVER happens in my life I will not become a stranger to this site. Please remind me of this if I ever need reminding
Old 09-19-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Inc,

Congrats on crossing over the 150 day threshold!! That is a pretty awesome feeling, isn't it, and you should be proud of what you have accomplished thus far.

I too promise to keep checking in, whether I slip or not. This board is full of support and helps keep me accountable to my sobriety.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Just yesterday I was thinking out that same thing. This site holds me accountable, and if don't keep it real, the accountability is long gone. So yes, I promise to be real, and if I slip I will let you know! And hopefully I never have to say goodbye for now, that sounds so sad.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

I'm just having a normal Saturday. Heading out to cut my grass which is super long. You'd think it would stop growing by now. I am enjoying the crisp fall air under blue skies while I can. None for my today because like the simple clarity of my life these day.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Morning, All. Inc, great post about accountability. During those times when I was contemplating drinking, the AV told me that I didn't have to post that I had drank. I could pretend it never happened and no one would need to know. But as you've been through, Inc, that just leads to guilt and other bad feelings and ultimately you're back using.

As ashamed as I've always been to come and post here about my slips, I knew I had to do it if I really wanted a sober life. I agree that we have a great group here, and you all are my core support group. If I lost that, I would be in a very bad place very quickly. It's scary to imagine. And on a selfish note, I don't want any of you to disappear, because I need you. You help keep me sober.

No drinking for me today! I've got a few errands to run and a large stack of books to read. I'm grateful to be feeling good today and to not be hungover. Hope you all have a good one as well.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post
Good morning. I finally downloaded an app to track my quit days. 152 days and an estimated $750 saved. I plugged in $5/day. I would have to think it's more than that.

Got me thinking. I'm gonna put aside $30/wk cash. IDK...it's tough because I never have enough money. But on the other hand, I never let that stop my drinking.

Gonna set a reoccurring task on Fridays to pull the cash from my account. We'll see. Would be super cool if I actually did it!
Well that $750 went somewhere? Probably to paying down debt, or good healthy food, which is a good thing right! Good for you Inc. I must be 150 days too, I think I'm right behind you.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SwimKim12 View Post
Morning, All. Inc, great post about accountability. During those times when I was contemplating drinking, the AV told me that I didn't have to post that I had drank. I could pretend it never happened and no one would need to know. But as you've been through, Inc, that just leads to guilt and other bad feelings and ultimately you're back using.

As ashamed as I've always been to come and post here about my slips, I knew I had to do it if I really wanted a sober life. I agree that we have a great group here, and you all are my core support group. If I lost that, I would be in a very bad place very quickly. It's scary to imagine. And on a selfish note, I don't want any of you to disappear, because I need you. You help keep me sober.

No drinking for me today! I've got a few errands to run and a large stack of books to read. I'm grateful to be feeling good today and to not be hungover. Hope you all have a good one as well.
And I need you too, kim!!!
Old 09-19-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

So moved by the accountability posts. I'm sorry that I haven't been around as much. Dealing with a little sadness and sometimes I have the tendency to hide away a bit. I will make a promise to check in more often. Sometimes I'm afraid what I post sounds silly or whatever but I want to be there for everyone here just as you have been here SO much for me. Have thought about if I did drink that I would just not come back and I'm getting that out of my head. Just focusing on not drinking no matter what and I will keep checking in no matter what. I'm going to do everything in my power to not drink but if I do, will come back and be honest about it.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have faith in all you guys. Relapse is not inevitable

Keep posting Angie and everyone - if it's important to you it's worth posting

D
Old 09-20-2015, 03:03 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee! It certainly doesn't feel that inevitable today! Hope it never does!
Old 09-20-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

And my sober Sunday begins.
Have a great day!
Old 09-20-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
OMD

Hi all,
Glad to see everyone is doing ok!

So: 2 bottles of wine, 4 large beers, 2 gin and tonics, 4 cognacs, some port wine, and quarter bottle of whiskey. That is what my 2 friends consumed last night while I had a NA cocktail, some water and decaf coffee. I am so glad I am not in their situation any more. I will admit that I looked at the white wine a bit ruefully because we were in a nice place and it was a good feeling. But later on I did not feel any desire - just happy enough being me. And waking up this morning was awesome!

I have been wondering for a while how that evening would play out and it was fine. Seems things are often not as bad as we think they are going to be.
Best wishes
OMD
Old 09-20-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

OMD, I'm glad the night went well for you. I've had the same thing happen with my old drinking buddies - we start the evening off and everyone's having a glass of red wine - seems so romantic, a glass of red with dinner. But then they pour the next bottle into the decanter, and then the next, and then they mix cocktails...that is not romantic. And that's what I used to do as well. Yuck. I much prefer downing two bottles of sparkling water, which is my usual now.

Angie, don't ever think you can't post something here - you can post anything here! I like hearing from you

Hope you all have a good one. It's going to be hot again today. Grateful to have an air conditioner! Be well, All.