more will be revealed!

were almost at the 100% closed up point

and about frig'n time!
Old 09-09-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Rusty, glad you're nearly back to 100%!

Itch, we're back to around 75F for a high today and only 65F by Friday, which is just perfect for me.

Still feeling very uncertain about my financial future. I'm hoping to talk to my boss today about my health insurance. I've got some other ideas that I'd like to float by him, so we'll see how that goes. Oh, and I have to see my dentist tomorrow morning about a painful molar...when it rains, it pours.

Have a great hump-day, overs!
Old 09-09-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope all goes well Rusty
Old 09-09-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

A very fast fly by this morning, Overs! Gotta attend a meeting about updated fire instructions here where I'm spending my fading years
Old 09-09-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

I spent at least two hours yesterday fixing the new reporter's stories. BUT, at least she's producing and I really hope she'll catch on cause I don't have time for it PLUS it's not my job to edit her and I'm not getting paid enough to do it. Okay that's enough complaining. It's gonna look great on my resume, that's the main thing. Just keep thinking of that.
Gleefan I appreciated your post where you said you did the right things and that is enough. It really is just the best you can do sometimes. We're all just human at the end of the day. I always try to keep the four agreements in mind, from that book? I think they're, be impeccable with your word, don't take things personally, don't make assumptions, and always do your best. If you can just do those four things, or try to, then you're alright.
Itchy---I was thinking maybe buffalo! Or elk! This guy is a foodie and a chef, I'm pretty excited. We had a great conversation about cooking so are on the same wavelength at least in that regard. I think he wants to play crib with me.....my childhood game that my grandpa and dad always used to play. My grandpa used to cheat....I"m looking forward to this date! A nice feeling. I think this guy is actually a nice guy. I was losing hope.
FBL-I don't know what the situation is but I'm sorry you're dealing with finances. That is really the most stressful thing ever. Money worries are the worst. I hope you can sort it out.
I have to go to the dentist badly.
Way to go Rusty.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by rusty zipper View Post
back to wound doc this morning

more will be revealed!

Were almost at the 100% closed up point

and about frig'n time!
no spit spurlock!!
Old 09-09-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Re-Member

FBL,
I can understand how frustrated you must feel. Of all the challenges in life, I think lifestyle instability leaves all of us feeling overly vulnerable. That feeling of vulnerability is what some used alcohol to run from, and some of us ran from alcohol because we felt more vulnerable drinking. All of us recovering/recovered alcoholics have a little of both, only the percent ratios of each change from individual to individual.

Wolf,
Hey bud, glad you feel better now too.

IP,
I think you will find that there are plenty of good guys to go around, and plenty of good women too for the guys despairing of finding any. That was my not so subtle reference to having Prime Beef!
:c0033:

I love buffalo and elk, but of the two prefer buffalo as it is a bit juicier to my tastes. I was a chef and we are both foodies here, always in search of the next TBO. (Taste Bud Organism - that because I believe the correct word would be censored by the software) We have had the most amazing dishes from everywhere in the world we have been. We just were more open to TBO adventures than many of our fellow Americans who have never left their home towns let alone the country to discover other cultures and foods. You likely know exactly what I mean by now because of your travels. Some things can't be brought up to some people because they can't believe anyone can have done the things we have gotten to do in our travels. I've gotten good at gauging who has an easy exceed capacity to believe. Can you say Bubba?

Hey Sassy!
Boy do they ever keep you busy at your senior community. We have a concierge full service place here that has as much or as little assist as need or not by their well to do clientele. My wife does senior transition assistance in moving folks into downsized living quarters, and doing estate sales for them or kids if they are moving straight into memory care. They also do estate sales for the folks just moving to another city/state. Boy do they keep busy.

I like my young grand nieces and nephews visiting then going home! It has been 41 years since we had our first and next to last son. I always love young kids I am related to visiting for the first 60 minutes. No patience at all for misbehaving kids not related to us, neither of us. Guess we are old. But I increasingly relate to Mr. Wilson more now than Dennis the Menace. I used to think he was an old crotch. He has gotten much more reasonable in the last ten years to me.

Man we are getting upper 80s today but severe thunderboomers are forecast for tonight. That's why I was rushing my dirt work, so the rain can compact and settle down all the old fencepost holes I filled along with the utility trenches that are crowned now with enough dirt/gravel to go slightly above level and I can grade it with the tractor easily later when the house is done and it is stabilized.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Itchy

Got quite a bad migraine that's only just passing watching Southpaw with my neice
& mrs sw

Goodnight Overs
Old 09-09-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Talked to my insurance agent this morning and he is trying to find some answers for me. Decided to hold-off talking to the boss about it until I have some more information. I think there are some other options for my situation. I'm SO glad that I can deal with this stuff sober.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening overs.

Hope the insurance is resolved soon for you, Fbl.

Wolfie, take care with that migraine., friend .

Zippy, did the doc do his magic? You 100% again?

Itchy, you're such a hard worker! But it must be great when it's all for yourself and not others!

Not got a lot to say, really. I was on SR really early here this morning, 2 am ish, and there was a few new members and I was surprised but don't know why? Pleased for them finding sr and wanting to stop drinking. Thinking how, with the correct tools, we can rid ourselves of that addiction and how formulas really work.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mags,
Thanks but I am no harder a worker than anyone with more than a couple of acres that they want to look manicured. Some don't, all the rest of us are working at upkeep. The new house is a real stressor and it is like my first months of sobriety. Lots of much ado about nothing and too little to do about other things!

FBL,
I hope your "other options" do work out for you.

Wolf,
I can only imagine what a migraine is like. Hope you get over it soon.

I have a plumber coming over tomorrow for my second estimate on installing the whole house back up generator gas lines. I should have my two regulators I ordered today in hand tomorrow and Friday the generator folks are pouring the slab for it. We have to have the street gas regulator and meter changed to high pressure then the regulators are installed on each so the gas generator won't starve the other gas appliances. (water heater stove, furnace) It has to be done ASAP because we can't turn the gas on and check all systems until the gas is on, and we have to have the gas line T in place with the step down regulators. I had to learn all that to make sense of the purchase and the time line. After that all that is left is the outside finish grade. And then sowing winter rye grass seed and water. EZ PZ!
Old 09-09-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Itchy - I would love to watch someone do all that work. It's fascinating to me! I'm capable of passing over tools, holding water bottles, making wise cracks -- that's about the extent of my ability on a job site.

IP - Your menu plan sounds exotic! I love to cook - anytime - by myself, with friends or for a date night. It's just fun. You sound excited; let us know how the date turns out.

SW - Glad you're enjoying this time with your niece. I enjoy kids a whole lot, at all ages. I'm a people person in general, and interested in what people have to say!

Toots - Great perspective about enjoying what is instead of wishing for what could be.

FBL - I hope this insurance thing sorts itself soon. I find for me there's no deficit of problems to fret over. Solutions are a whole lot easier to come by sober than they ever were in the midst of active addiction.

Mags - I think it's great to reach out to struggling newcomers.

Saskia - I hope you know what to do in the case of emergency!

Today I had the opportunity to think about my reaction versus my response.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Oops ... Timed out editing/adding to the post ...

The other night at AA the topic was the first step. The chair of the meeting discussed reaction versus response to a stressor. Other alcoholics discuss the role this challenge had played in their recoveries. It resonated with the impulsive, self centered side of me. Today I had the opportunity to let go of my initial reaction to something I disagreed with, and to form a response instead. It's like swimming against the current for this alcoholic, hard work but get me closer to where I need to be.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:55 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sounds interesting, Gleefan. Reaction versus response.. Our initial reaction can often be a wrong one, brought on by impulse? Do you have any more info on it, please?
Old 09-09-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It is a variant of Albert Ellis and his Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy.
Go here as a start: Bing Images
Old 09-09-2015, 10:23 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks itchy! Very interesting.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:45 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:23 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

That is interesting Itchy, I will give it a better look later.

I always believe that how someone acts or speaks to us tells us more about them than about ourselves, but our reaction to how we are treated is all us. My hubby used to act a certain way because he had always been 'rewarded' for his behaviour by a response. I responded negatively because his behaviour impinged on my own issues. Through counselling and counselling training, I learned about why we both did what we did. Taking my emotions out of the situation by being able to rationally understand the situation affected both our behaviours; as my hubby was no longer 'rewarded' he began to act differently.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well my neice left this morning I said it was great having her & I loved it she said the same we had a big hug and she is staying tues & wedns nxt week which I'm happy about

She loved our food & was a pleasure to be around

Spk soon Overs

migraine passed last night thank goodness for kool n soothe
Old 09-10-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

itch does your plumber have plumber's ass-crack? (_|_)

i have a 1/32" of wound left to close

the adherent fibrin slough left in the wound bed,

still feels like someone has been pulling on the wound for the lst 5 months!