Notices

One Year & Over Part 29

Old 09-04-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm trying to get it resolved mrs sw sent an email explaining but she says she don't think it's going to happen

What I'm concerned with now is 2 things that if I run out can I top back up my normal package and continue as I don't want to run out and then have to wait a month to top back up my normal package

Thanks Mags & sorry they done that at your work

I'm going to go check to see the account as it says unlimited minutes when it should say 2000mins or just less

Il report bk when I have more info lol but in the grand scheme of things its nothing I'm going to try to be like water all these books are having such a good impact on my life
Old 09-04-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Mags, my best in your saga. I hope you find an ultimate peace of mind in resolve.

Drake, my best in your job search.

IP and FG, no more talk of winter and snow just yet...please.

Toots, enjoy vaca!

Well, it is Friday...time for...wait for it...ahhh, golf! Tomorrow, back to my alma mater for college football. New year, new coach...renewed optimism. Best of all...I will be clean and sober. It only occurred to me last evening that I turned 27 months yesterday. Lot's to be grateful for these days.

Enjoy the weekend, O's.

Carlos
Old 09-04-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Okay, it's warmed again a bit. Still miserable out but not freezing cold. Thank goodness.
ONE more production day, then a LONG WEEKENNNDDDDDDD. So excited. So so excited.
And the new reporter is here hopefully my job will go back to normal next week.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Do your best

Internet is all sorted I'm grateful
Old 09-04-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 27, Carlos! Have a great weekend!
Old 09-04-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Congrats, Carlos!

Have a lovely weekend to all :-)
Old 09-04-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Do your best

27 months is fantastic Carlos
Old 09-04-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight overs
Old 09-04-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Wolfie :-)
Old 09-04-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
instant

hi everyone. just popping in to let you know I am still kicking.

Both my bands have broken up, due to the (what I now know to be normal) personality and 'musical direction' issues. Onward !!
Old 09-04-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Magsie

Pleased you got your internet resolved. I went over once and they sent me a text telling me it's going to go over and there will be a £6 charge for 500 mb. Grrh.

Hi Carlos, hope your golf was good! Congratulations 27 months! Brill.

Hiya instant, pleased your well. Hope you find another band.

Inpar, love those long weekends, enjoy!

Well, I fell for a scam. I bought some face cream and eye Cream on an offer for a few pounds each, then last month they've took £95 twice! Out of my bank account for two more I didn't have, or didn't order! I was straight onto visa who have claimed it back, thank goodness. I only noticed as a parcel yesterday, came to do with , yes, some face cream, no detailed invoice or price, again, not ordered. Looked online at my visa statement and they had took another £95 out of it! So rang visa after looking on Internet and saw a money discussion about a scam. I obviously wasn't thinking straight then as I always check internet for any offers. Silly me, anyway it is going to be resolved and hopefully they'll get caught as they've got a bank account, unless they can disappear. No worries.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey guys!
I am really feeling the back and neck tonight. We are getting to the move in stage and the contractors have just done the minimums so I have to backfill the water line and electrical trenches. I fired the one I hired who kept not showing, and not even calling to call the appointment off.

So today I cranked up the tractor with a three foot grader blade, and moved the large mounds of badly worked dirt then had to do the rest with a hard rake by hand. I grew up in the city and learned to run my FIL's tractor when I was 25. I did not get my own tractor until 2005. I only use it a few times a year so I am no expert operator. I can't put the dirt down professionally but way easier and better than doing all the work by hand. It gave me trouble with the 1958 ignition and points every year so this year I just spent the bucks and bought a $150.00 electronic ignition system and man does it start on the first crank now!

The owner of the company that hires all the subcontractors is coming out tomorrow to look at some issues that he will fix. It isn't about the problems, it is about the patience and trust to let him git r dun! I really fell into it with these guys. It is like becoming a member of a big extended family. It was luck that we chose to pursue the new house with them.

Anyway after the dirtwork I mowed the whole thing and found a 10 inch bolt and nut someone dropped in the yard before I ran it over. Every day is a challenge to maintain my cool. I am becoming very good at really and internally letting things slide emotionally and just go to work fixing or getting the right person to fix it. I used to be very demanding expecting no less from others than I expect from myself. But man I wish they didn't half vast the heavy work.

Carlos congrats old buddy! I was really worried about you when you had your two relapses (one?) I am so glad you are still around and kicking in my sober world. You are a hoot bud.

Mags glad you got an apology but also made sure his boss knew too. I agree that like you I am not ashamed of my past, present or plans for our future. But it is my prerogative to tell my stories not another.

Hey the scams today are hard to tell from the real deals. I look up businesses online by using their name and scam in a search and that usually gets me any problems with doing biz with them.

IP,
You go girl! I am glad to see you rising to the challenge instead of bemoaning that your job is not perfect. Make it yours. You sound empowered and competent.

Instant,
Yeah the two things I know about bands is that they form and argue, then break up. It is normal. I was in one that I left because they had stars in their eyes and I was playing for a hobby not a career. I had that already. Lots of talented people that can't make a living with their art. And many better than the folks that got the lucky break and contacts. Congrats on your solo performer status.

Everybody

Wolf,
I am happy that you got your Internet access billing resolved. When I was younger we had no Internet or cell phones. Boy that sounds old, like saying "Son, we didn't have a school bus or car to get to school, we had to walk uphill both ways in the snow!"

I missed a lot but have an early day tomorrow. Sunday is our 43rd anniversary. Then later on the 21st will be five years sober, and non smoking. I'm glad. I liked drinking when it was voluntary. Not so much when it became mandatory.

Nite all.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Magsie

Oh itchy, I hope you and your SH, Mrs itchy have a lovely 43 rd Anniversary. And a 5 year landmark coming up!

Haha, I smile when I hear people talking at work, usually moaning cos them and their wives are looking for in laws to babysit, collect children after school, etc. They think they have it so hard, but I realise it is only as hard as they make it. They choose their path then moan when the road isn't straight and even!

Or does that come with maturity and dare I say, age? I will always be young at heart but my brain is growing very sensible, better late than never, lol.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:01 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Anniversary Itch

Hope everyone has a great weekend

D
Old 09-05-2015, 01:23 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Do your best

43rd anniversary that's beautiful Itchy, good luck with the tractor work

Good morning all
Old 09-05-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Happy anniversary, Itch!
Old 09-05-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Do your best

off out to do some shopping with Mrs sw spk later guys
Old 09-05-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Happy Anniversary to the Itch's!
Old 09-05-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats on 27 months, Carlos!

Happy Anniversary to Itch & his SH
Old 09-05-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Carlos - Congratulations on reaching 27 months, my friend. Too bad there's not a coin for that! Isn't it sweet when you don't even realize it because sobriety becomes second nature? I'm glad you recognized a win when you saw one, when you overcame the battle with the common house fly. Of all the ways to get rid of a pest, swatting it is the most effective!

Mags - Workplace dilemmas can really siphon away my serenity. I'm glad you handled it and are able to move on. As for the scam, I hope you're able to resolve it and get your money back ASAP. Oh and I don't imagine voices or accents but I do imagine faces!

FBL - How did everything turn out with you insurance?

Gilmer - I loved reading about your breakthrough with your motivation to cook. It's so similar to the one I experienced cooking and cleaning after working through the growing pains of early sobriety.

Toots - Tuscany is definitely on my short list of places to visit. I think I'll skip the vineyards when I go, but I'm glad you were able to handle two visits.

SW - Glad you've got shoes for your workouts and Internet for your computer.

Drake - Last summer when I changed jobs I saw how utterly ridiculous the corporate world has turned in its hiring practices of even the most basic entry level jobs. Good luck on your job search. For a smart guy like you, with a rich career past (hr, I'd my memory serves me correctly?), all you'll need to do is read up a little on today's hiring practices, tweak your resume to fit the preferred style these days, and you'll be off and running.

IP - I'm glad that work feels like a rewarding challenge for you instead of an insurmountable obstacle. For me, sometimes it's just a matter of using my tools to change my perspective.

Itchy - Congrats on surviving 43 years of significant harassment!

Hi Dee!

My 3 day weekend is off to a nice start and the weather forecast is favorable for the weekend plans. I woke up on this side of the ground and I'm about to have coffee. Life is good!

Have a good weekend, everyone.