Notices

One Year & Over Part 29

Old 09-13-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Good night, Wolfie and all of the Overs!
Old 09-13-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Boy do I know how that feels Toots!

Here's hoping you get a fast appointment!

I'll be pulling for both of you. You will work it out. You need to chew on your options and drill down to the root of the problem. Keep a stiff upper lip!

RZ,
Yep! We both watched it go and thought how much we would miss it . . .NOT! It is weird being this close and still choosing to live in the RV. We could move in as the weather is cool and nice. But we like to take hot showers in the morning and the earliest the gas will be on is after Wednesday. More likely another week or so and then we can move the cable back over to the house and sleep there permanently. Right now we're just doing light bulbs and moving furniture around and slowly it is all coming together.

Sassy,
You're a hoot!

Mags,
Glad you liked it.

I am curious. Do any of you tea drinkers over in the UK ever drink spiced tea or even the American spiced black tea with Orange and cinnamon, clove and other spices? I drink Constant Comment tea by Bigelow almost nightly. I drink about 20 cups of coffee daily but I relax at night with hot tea. Most folk here won't touch hot tea, only iced tea. It is in Fairfield CT, right near my hometown and RZ's in S. Connecticut.

Goodnight Wolf and Overs!
Old 09-14-2015, 12:27 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Toots I hope you get your tooth fixed.

Itchy I drink standard black tea or peppermint tea. I've tried raspberry and rosehip, I thought someone was trying to poison me.

I had a great weekend, on Saturday we had some rain driven by strong winds. The sort of weather that makes you glad you have good equipment. Sunday was different again, light breezes, bright sunshine. It was topped off with laughs with friends and a very good welcome home from Mrs Treerat. Then wam out of nowhere, a dream about me committing suicide, WT...

Anyway, I'm fine, glad to be alive. Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:50 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs.

Itchy I have flavoured tea occasionally. I know camomile really does help calm me. I've got a new one at the moment. Twinings Moroccan mint with a twist of cardomon. Different.

Happy Monday
Old 09-14-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

I probably won't be posting much for the next few days. Tomorrow morning I'm taking a short (1 1/2 hours) flight to visit my daughter and her husband.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bon voyage Sass

that must be upsetting Andy - are you doing ok?

D
Old 09-14-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Good morning Overs,

Or should I say great morning? As Treerat pointed out, we're on this side of the ground!

My foot pain has been terrible. I'm trying to apply my recovery principles of gratitude and acceptance to this arthritis (instead of my old standby of disappointment and self hate). As a long time alcoholic, I'm skeptical of whether it will work, but self loathing didn't....

A week ago I was starting week 5 of the couch to 5 k running program. I was starting to transition to running more than walking. Today I woke up (gratitude #1), laced up and walked s-l-o-w-l-y for 30 minutes (acceptance). While doing so it dawned on me that just because I'm moving slowly doesn't mean I shouldn't put the same amount of time into working out that I would if I were pain free (gratitude #2). After I finished my walk I did 20 minutes of deep stretching (grat #3).
A work in progress here.

RZ and Itchy - I live in Connecticut.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope your pain is short lived too gleefan

D
Old 09-14-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Overs quick check in I was just about to do an afternoon walk after getting in as it was sunny but now rainclouds are back weather is switching all the time
Old 09-14-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Today is my birthday, I'm 37 today. It feels good! I was depressed about getting older last year. I'm having a little party at my place tonight. And someone special is taking me out today for coffee and a walk.
At this age, I feel lucky to be where I am. I feel like I'm starting a new life, new career etc., new phase, and I'm feeling better about myself and my abilities and starting to really like myself. I think this phase of my life is about me getting stronger and knowing myself more, and being okay with who I am. There's not much to do around here but focus on myself, haha.
Also sticking it through at this job, rather than quitting. I'm looking forward to having that under my belt and to move forward with what I've learned here on to something else, the next phase.
In five months my work contract is up. I'm going to focus on getting into winter sports like cross country skiing and snowshoeing, already have plans to go winter camping with a friend, and I'm starting a magazing project with a friend here.
So, one more year closer to 40. No offense everyone, haha. But 40 seems like some kind of deadline where I have to REALLY have it figured out. What do you guys think about all that?
Have a great Monday. Wish my birthday wasn't on our busiest day of the week, oh well.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I hope you feel better soon Glee

Sass Bon Voyage, and enjoy your meet up with G as well as daughter!

FBL, no yank for me!! Fortunately the dentist reckoned that there was enough tooth left to rebuild so all is now better than before and I got it done on the NHS so it only cost me £15 ( about $26?) so I am smiling in every way!

Itchy, are you assuming that all Brits like their tea??? I hate regular tea always have. I only drink fruit teas because they don't actually taste of tea, kinda like hot juice! I am an aficionado of decent coffee, strong, black and unsweetened, I've drank it that way for 30 years.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy 37th Birthday IP

Old 09-14-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Happy B-day, IP...you're still a pup! I turn 50 this coming January and I haven't gotten much of anything figured out

Toots, great news on the tooth! Wow, dental care is a lot cheaper over there!

The more I read about root canals, the more I'm determined just to have mine pulled. Unless it really starts hurting, I'm trying to put it off for a couple of weeks at least.

Have a safe trip, Sassy!
Old 09-14-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Magsie

Happy birthday Inpar, have a great day.
Having it figured out like the meaning of life! 42 isn't it. Lol.

Andy, that was one kinda dream you don't want every night! I do have weird ones too!

Pleased you got your tooth sorted and cheap as chips! I like coffee too and fruity tea.......not together though, lol.

Have a good break, Sassy.

Wolfie, heavens opened up here, we're supposed to be having a bit of bad weather coming, tail end of a hurricane?
Old 09-14-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday InPar!

Old 09-14-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, InPar! 37 to me is a youngster, ha ha :-). I'm 70 and can say definitively that it's never too late to change our lives. I still haven't figured it all out
Old 09-14-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Do your best

I managed to do a walk for around an hour push ups sit ups etc

Feel good about my prospects & my neice is staying over for 2 nights starting tomorrow it's the most il spend as she has started 3rd year of uni & is a beautiful busy lil lady she brings me total joy

Tonight we watched Fearless & were now watching Ong Bak

Goodnight Overs

PS yes Mags weather has been chopping & changing constantly bit erratic this weather lately
Old 09-14-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sassy, you're so young at heart!

Night overs, I've been watching Andre Rieu in concert, talk about feel good factor, wish I could bottle it!
Old 09-14-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Birthday IP!

D
Old 09-14-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Happy birthday IP!

I hope you continue realizing that to finish is almost as important as showing up. Hey I'm 63 and still wondering what I'll be when I grow up. And the answer to life, the universe, and everything really is 42. But don't believe me, go here and read all about it, ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/42_(number) )and if one part is too obtuse, skip to the next. Want a rainbow, 42. Want to bore a friction free hole through the earth and free fall for half the trip then decelerate at the same rate? It would take exactly 42 minutes. And so on.

Toots,
I too drink my coffee strong and black from a Keurig machine at the moment until we move into the new house and I can use my drip coffeemaker again. I love fruit teas too, as well as most herbal teas. The Bigelow company makes a pomegranate Herbal tea, and a Green tea with pomegranate to die for.

Andy,
That sucks even for a dream. I'll bet that WAS disturbing. I do like rosehips as part of a blended herbal tea. I mix tea bags like I like a chamomile and peppermint combo. I drink big mugs and it takes two bags of oriental teabag size.

Mags,
I can't say I've tried one with cardamom, but it sounds good.

Sassy!
Have a smooth flight and a great visit.

Glee,
Sounds like you are making the most out of the hand you've been dealt. Or in this case feet. And . . . another Sober Connecticut Yankee!

Wolf,
You are like the energizer bunny! Love your new avatar and sig block with Lao Tzu's sig.

FBL,
Hope you get your extra few weeks. England has socialized medicine and pretty good care at that. Our ACA is a first step. 50 is nifty but 60's divine.

Hi Drake!

Weather here is gorgeous here the past week. The high 50s at night and high 70s in the afternoon. But we do need some rain.

I got a call for help today. We just got the Generator in place on its slab and my wife called and I had to run. Seems her dad, for whom we are advertising online to sell his deceased wife's car. He thought it was taking too long so he put it out front and sold it to a guy for $1000.00. This is a low Mile 2009 Camry with leather and all the options including Nav and power sunroof. Book on it is $13,500.00 for its shape. It seems dad had an "episode " and thought prices from the 60s. My BIL caught them driving back to take the car. The guy took full advantage and hurried to take my FIL to a notary and had the title signed and notarized and paid the thousand bucks. My BIL stopped them and told the guy that it was not happening and he was not taking advantage of an old man whose faculties are not all there. THe guy started to bow up on my BIL who is a big guy and said no you aren't. I loaded up my gun and grabbed my steel baton and sped over there. BY the time I got there the situation had calmed and the guy agreed to reverse the deal, got his money back but all concerned thought that he would have to register it and go through with selling it back to him. I called the title company I use for my plates and registrations and for $15.00 they made an affidavit that showed posession was never taken and she notarized that the deal is null and void. I drove my FIL there and the guy followed led the way. He was made, embarrassed, and angry all at once. So was the guy who bought it. I got the deal annulled, as it were, and now all is well.

But we now are all on the dime. He is losing it fast, but very good at hiding it. He gets paranoid if left alone for long and thinks we are all after his money. This is going to get tough. We took care of Mom and her brother is charged with taking care of his dad, so we are in more of a support role. I have badd feelings about this as my BIL has a heart of gold but really needs to leave financials to us with full disclosure and discussion because he has not been able to manage his money or keep any. Since it is just him and his sister it should all work out. But I'm not looking forward to he and his wife, both alcoholics and active drinkers and "pain meds" addicted. I have pain but other folks always have more that justifies getting a scrip. Things are getting out of hand the world over with "legal" addictions. The only winners are the drug companies. I am an optimist, and have all the answers for me. We have been through this three times now the first and current with memory issues and dementia and paranoia. He is going to be resistant and vindictive when he starts the "we are out to get him" drama king stuff. Helping him only reinforces that we are trying to manage him. I hope I am not in and out of dementia like he and his mom. My wife moves folks from big homes to smaller, then to assisted living, and then to memory care all too often.

Life moves on and I am sooooooo grateful to be sober for this part. When I was drinking I would have had too much alcohol to have driven legally today. Then I'd have been over the top, and it would have all been about me instead of focusing on his situation and needs. But my SH and her Brother will have to do something soon.