Notices

One Year & Over Part 29

Old 09-07-2015, 11:58 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning everyone,

Foggy this morning. I can feel the SADs creeping up on me. Time to start my lights and I'm going to try vitamin D tablets this year. In the meantime I will try to get outside in what sunshine we get.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:26 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope the weeks ends better for you SW
D
Old 09-08-2015, 01:03 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Good to see you Andy, I hope the lights and fit D help keep the SADs at bay.

Ciao Mags! I found a spray in Aldi to spray around windows and door to deter spiders from coming into the house. I hope it works. Hate the buggers. I know they are good for the garden yada yada but for a phobic they are a nightmare. Fortunately in this house they don't seem to get so big, where I used to live they were ginormous!!! I used to clean telephone boxes and some of the rural ones had 8 legged inhabitants we should have charged rent to, you couldn't pay me enough to stand in there with the door closed, I had to have a good look around inside before I even ventured in there.

Wolfie I hope you are feeling better today sweetie. I'm sending a Toots hug from sunny Italy x

Just getting ready to hit the beach. It's a hard life but some oldie gotta do it.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:29 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Wolfie, hope you feel better soon. I've been battling the blues lately too.

Toots, I've heard it said that you're never more than a few feet away from a spider at all times, even if you can't see them!

Still very humid here this morning. I can't wait for Fall to begin.

Have a great Tuesday, overs!
Old 09-08-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Magsie

Fbl. I thought it was you're never far away from a rat!!

We're supposed to be having an Indian Summer in UK. So don't put your sun creams away just yet!
Old 09-08-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

hang in there sobe
Old 09-08-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm ok it was just yesterday it was heavy no matter what I done I still feel a bit blue but my neice is coming to stay over for 2 nights as its closer to uni or something so I know today is going to be fun just me & her until 6pm I think were going to shop workout have lunch have a catch up and whatever else

She makes a mean malteaser cheesecake she said she's eating carbs so I might have a slice of cheesecake
Old 09-08-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

FBL, I hate spiders, too and really didn't need to hear that!

Andy, yep - SAD here, too. Lights and vit D get me through it.

Wolfie, it sounds nice that your niece is coming over today. Cheesecake is my absolute downfall.

Toots, you've got a hard life

Mags, yep, it was a good evening :-)

Cheers to all!
Old 09-08-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Do your best

I forgot to say thank you to everyone for the kind words so Thank you guys

Done an hour of walking & then done these hard sit ups hopefully itl all be worth it

Going for a hot soak thanks again everyone
Old 09-08-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, how was the long weekend? It was such a nice break.
FBL thanks so much for that spider fact, i really needed that information. I have a terrible phobia of spiders too. Thankfully they don't seem to be too big here, so far. Ugh fingers crossed. I live in a basement suite so....yeah. I don't deal well with them so.
Hm note to self, buy some spray bug killer so i can deal with them in my usual cowardly way: from a distance and with no contact.
There was some word about job interviews? A tip: beforehand have ready all your answers for the hard, stupid questions you know they're going to ask you. Like, what are your faults? How have you dealt with a problem in the past etc. And tailored to that position.
I think I've actually answered "because i need a job" to that stupid why do you want to work here question. What a stupid question. Like they think their company is your dream job or something.
Nice workouts SW. Have fun with your niece.
Anyway it's raining here. Not too cold. It's the first normal week since the other reporter left three weeks ago, the new reporter started last week and after last week when she was flailing and i had to cover her end quite a bit, hopefully this week she'll pull her end fully and I can just do my own work.
Oh yeah I went on two dates on the weekend. One was terrible--he was really negative! And the other was good and we're going to cook a meal together on Friday.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Magsie

Pleased you had a good date, Inpar, cooking a meal together sounds like fun!

Toots, will get some spray to deter the spiders coming in, I don't like killing them, I usually catch them if I'm quick enough and put them outside, where they probably make a bee line to get back in. You can't blame them! It was cold out.

Though it's smashing outside, the sun is shining down on us. Beautiful.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Do your best

Having a great but busy time with Mrs sw & my 21 yr old neice Mrs sw is making fried chicken we were going to have ribs but my neice has new fancy braces so can't have ribs so Mrs sw is making fried chicken

Having great conversations and got to read some stuff about my neice uni life which I'm so proud of

I will try popping in later but if I don't i just want to say thanks for all the kind words

to Overs spk soon guys
Old 09-08-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Do your best

Popping in to say goodnight Overs
Old 09-08-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Good night Wolfie and Overs.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm still awake but I don't mind I'm planning a lie in tomorrow my body is aching lol

Goodnight Saskia il be going bed soon
Old 09-08-2015, 08:10 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Hi Overs

Toots - Sun and fun in Italy sounds divine!!

FBL - I'm with you; I am looking forward to Fall for a break from this humidity.

Wolf - Glad the exercise and visit from your niece helped chase away your blues.

Mags - It's so nice that you were able to detect the subtle way your body continues to heal from alcohol abuse, as time marches on.

Drake - Your garden recipes sound amazing.

InPar - Too bad you can't hit up Drake's garden for your cooking date! Have you decided what you'll be preparing for dinner?

RZ - How's your foot?

Saskia - You sound like you're getting really comfortable in your sober skin. Isn't it amazing how quickly that serenity can disappear by the simple act of drinking?

Gilmer - It's quiet on your end. You must be studying?

Itchy - I hope the construction is moving along smoothly.

Carlos - Glad you enjoyed some fun time with your friends!

I'm just moseying along, sober, trying to to the next right thing. Yesterday I was in a terrible mood. No particular reason - I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I wanted to pull up the covers over my head and hide, but after relaxing for a little bit, I got moving and did the least worst sounding chore. I made my way down my to do list the whole day in that manner. At the end of the night I was still in a bad mood, but I went to my home group meeting anyway. I'm the treasurer and performing the service I promised was the right thing to do. I didn't feel better for having gone, and I'm not glad I went; I just did it because it was the right thing to do. Yesterday that was enough! I didn't use anything to alleviate my bad mood -- I didn't eat sweets, or go shopping, or do a strenuous workout, or any of the less than ideal distractions I've relied on on the past.

My bad mood passed, as these things do, and today I felt like "myself" again. That's no short feat after my long-lasting post sobriety depression. It's also a real testament to working a spiritual/emotional program of recovery to learn how to live well.

My best to all the Overs!
Old 09-08-2015, 10:02 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey all
My life has been 12 hour days doing dirt work on my tractor, but lots has to be hard raked by hand and a lot of shovel work. The tractor gets the dirt to where I need it with the scoop. here's a video showing it with a smaller Old Ford than mine. Pics of mine are in my album on my profile:

How to Use Dirt Scoop - Bing Videos

Our anniversary was Sunday and we spent the whole holiday weekend moving the last of our stuff from the old house that was towed out of the way to the back field. We are doing the interior trim and crown ourselves as they saw pics of our work and they offered to pay us to do our own because they said we would not be happy with their work. Ms Itchy is doing the woodwork and I am doing the dirt work. I overdid it Friday, then really messed up moving the heavy stuff with a lot of help. The owner asked if we could move from the other house to our new one as the people who are buying it after we traded it in were burned out and homeless. So tomorrow they come tow it away. We highly remodeled it and now are getting into a bit bigger.

So I have blisters on my hands from raking and shovel work. And my back is really in pain. Now lest you think I am complaining au contraire! I planned to do the house and move before I go for my back and neck surgeries. See they won't let me lift much for six months after surgery. And if I mess it up more, relief is just a couple of nights away in the RV. Pain makes me know I am alive. I do take Naproxin sodium (Alleve in prescription strength) and a 5 mg Flexeril to stop the muscle spasms from my back and neck reacting to the nerves being pinched. I don't do opiates or any downers, synthesized or not. I am smiling and happy that it is getting done and I can do what is needed just have to take it easier than before my frame started to cause some pain. It is coming together, albeit slower than we expected. I am grateful to be sober enough to feel the pain, and happy enough to not give a spit.

Wolf ol bud,
I am glad you are getting it back together again. I have only had mild depressions a few times in my life. I can't imagine how it must be to have to deal with the blues. Like Glee said it passes. You got your hands full along with your life. Don't lose that inner child bud.

Glee,
I didn't get a post sobriety depression as some and you did. I was on a roller coaster ride. Ups and downs weekly or daily. I was really disappointed when I realized I had half vast most things for the two years preceding my last drink and smoke for life. I was really disturbed with not being the pinnacle of perfection alcohol made me feel like. I finally got right with my self and started taking care from myself. My real mood swings were between the pink cloud and feeling omnipotent, to feeling just impotent. Those lasted for six months then eased a bunch.

Andy,
I didn't know you battled those demons of doubt too. I hope the D supplements and lights as well as exercise works for you. I know I could not live in Alaska with their two hours of twilight in winter. But summers there it never got really dark just dimmed a bit for two or three hours. It was four in the afternoon type sunny daylight at 1:00 AM!

Hang in there.

Toots and the Italian Riviera, sounds like a movie title!

Mags,
Sounds great to get your eyes on straight again.

IP,
hope your dinner goes as well as the first date did! Are you having prime beef?

RZ,
Thanks and yeah . . . how is the foot?

FBL,
we get rain tomorrow night but have had upper 90s and humidity from hell! I have been soaked through within an hour of just running the tractor.

Carlos,
Yeah I did mis any past two relapses. But boy it is great to have you posting again. Golf? We've had that conversation.

Sassy,
yeah gotcha and thanks. We are in our own senior community by being 300 feet back from the road with 1500 more behind us.

Back needs to stretch out horizontally to wit, goodnight, needs I must.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:41 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Itchy - sounds like you are on the 'home run'

Best wishes to everyone, have a good day.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:01 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Last day of lazing around today; tomorrow we head home. I have had a lovely time, me & the current Mr T always do, it's not about everything being just right, it's about being happy with what is.

IP I hope the new journo is bedded in and able to help out now.

Glee, a bad mood can just be a bad mood huh? I rarely get cranky ( people often comment that I am always smiling - my stock answer is 'strong drugs', lol) but occasionally I wake up with a burr up my butt for no particular reason. Fortunately for me my perpetual happiness machine ( otherwise known as Molly) breaks my mood the instant I see her face so happy and pleased to see me!

Itchy, you seem focussed on the prize mate, head down tail up and get on with it seems to be your style. I get that. It's kinda how I face a big job too.

Wolfie, I am glad you have someone like your niece in your life, it sounds like she really lifts your spirits and is a good lass to have around. X
Old 09-09-2015, 12:44 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you everyone & good morning 8.44am