SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 29 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/374216-one-year-over-part-29-a.html)

Dee74 08-24-2015 03:09 PM

One Year & Over Part 29

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-28-a-21.html

D

Soberwolf 08-24-2015 04:15 PM

Thanks D

Watching IP Man what a film this is

gleefan 08-24-2015 06:00 PM

Thanks for the new thread Dee. Thanks all for the warm congrats on my 18 months of sobriety as well. :)

OLL - I remember the constant interruptions when my boys were small. What you bring to the forum may not be what you want - but I encourage you to remember it's enough!

SW - My parents aren't alcoholics but they have some long held toxic behavior patterns. I can appreciate your joy in seeing your dad make strides towards recovery and I'm glad that things are looking up for your relations with your entire family.

Quiet night here. I made dinner and went to my home group meeting. It's the last night of my vacation. Back to work tomorrow.

Mags1 08-24-2015 07:36 PM

OLL come and have a cuppa and catch up with us anytime, kettles always on!

InParticular 08-24-2015 08:25 PM

Well paper #1 on my own is in the can, one more to go! I must say I'm quite proud of the hard work I put in to this and I think I wrote some good stories this week to boot.
Still am battling with restlessness, feeling trapped, etc.
Went for a very hard run tonight, it helped.
OLL always good to hear from you even if they are incoherent thoughts. Mine usually are too.
I've started keeping a "log book". Not a journal, but every night I write a tally of what I did every day, and make notes on what worked and what didn't. I think just to keep track of positive things in my life, little things that improve my life and little things that set me back.
Like a keeping of accounts, sort of. I like it. Enough of the endless self-analyzing of journals, yeesh. I think I'm trying to actually find solutions and move forward in a tangible, real-life way now.
Any-hoo. Eight thirty, I guess that's close enough to bed-time. :) Off I go, lots of reading to do!

Soberwolf 08-25-2015 02:30 AM

Thanks Gleefan

Morning D, Way to go IP

I watched IP Man and IP Man 2 the first one was awesome the second was silly

tootsl1 08-25-2015 02:57 AM

Glee if I forgot to congratulate you in my last post I make amends now!! You know how proud I am to count you among my friends, you have achieved so much in your sobriety.

Collagen Zip? Will you have a 'Trout Pout' on your foot?? Great for kissing pavements!!

Wolfie many years ago in a rare fall of snow on the south coast, I found a wounded blackbird. I took it home to my mangy bedsit and fed it on cat food. I didn't try to tame it in any way as I wanted it to be able to return to the wild. Once it had managed to fly onto my curtain rail I knew it was fit enough to fly into a tree. I opened my window and went out when I came back he had gone.
I always hoped he survived the rest of the winter.

OLL and FG, it's quality not quantity! ( as apposed to me quantity not quality!!) we buy manure by the tonne, gold by the ounce! :lmao:

Thanks for the new thread Dee

Rusty Zipper 08-25-2015 04:56 AM

the midi is very versatile sobe

thanks for dropping in OLL

and thanks for the new part dee

way to go inpar!

lol, toots, your hysterical at times!

the doc decided against the collagen

she said the progress since the 2 weeks i last saw you is huge

keep doing what your doing

so no kissing sidewalks toots!

FBL 08-25-2015 04:57 AM

IP, good job!

Dee, thanks for the fresh thread.

Have a great Tuesday, all!

Gilmer 08-25-2015 05:24 AM

IP, that "account log" of activities--what worked and what didn't and why--is something I've never thought or heard of before! It's a great idea! I might try it!

I know what you mean about journaling. I did it a few years ago. It helped me to defuse bitterness and to tease apart the tangle of my emotions; but once I identified the emotions, I could deal with them as they came up, so journaling was kind of superfluous.

Your idea does sound like a constructive next step!

Saskia 08-25-2015 05:45 AM

IP, I was struck by your idea of an activity journal,too. Am thinking about it!

Soberwolf 08-25-2015 07:06 AM

I just rang a job & might be working as soon as tomorrow

Mrs sw when told replied you can't you havnt got clothes I said il make do I've got boots a hat and I'm pretty sure I can find a hi vis somewhere

I'm having a panic attack as its very sudden I spoke good to the guy didn't mention rates only lenghts of work he replied 3 months that's good enough for me

Have I thought this through no I havnt but I'm going with it

Mags1 08-25-2015 07:13 AM

Hope the job works out Wolfie. Make sure you've got the correct PPE

Mags1 08-25-2015 10:17 AM

Evening overs.

Inpar, I like the log book too! Is it a bit like a diary? I used to do a dream diary but if I read any of it now I can't believe it was me! I wanted locking up in a strait jacket! Lol.

I think the heavens are going to open any minute now.

feeling-good 08-25-2015 12:27 PM

Thanks Dee for the new thread :)

Good day today - been very busy at work and truly 'flopping' on the sofa now :D

OneLessLonely 08-25-2015 12:31 PM

Grats Soberwolf on the new job! Maybe it's happening so quickly so that you don't have time to talk yourself out of it? No harm in trying it out right? Keep us posted!

Soberwolf 08-25-2015 01:28 PM

I'm looking at labouring jobs hospital porter jobs maybe even work in a zoo that'd be cool

Also thinking about education but it started causing stress

So I'm going with Work brings money, Money brings options ie education more stuff quicker for the home like floors nice floors sofas modern tvs things like that

The fabled holiday I havnt been abroad in 15 years when I worked in Corfu

That's terrible isn't it we have friends in the canary islands that I want to save up for

So keeping it simple one word WORK & thats all I have to say about that

Life is like a box of choclates

Wilson its time to get off this island

Mags1 08-25-2015 01:59 PM

The worlds your oyster Wolfie.

Gilmer 08-25-2015 02:37 PM

Steel yourself, SW, and go for it!

Soberwolf 08-25-2015 03:20 PM

Thank you guys (and Toots :hug: you are so amazing)

Tomorrow i find out if I have a criminal record & I will look for more jobs other than labouring and renew my cscs card

Can I ask what you guys think I'm capable of doing I didn't come out of school with loads of grades I was a college dropout in 2004 when I was inches from doing my ucas forms