Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 43

Old 08-19-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Woohoo, the days are getting longer, it's almost mild so I'm getting over-excited about S-p-r-i-n-g! My favourite eight months of the years are coming up.

Joy it's fabulous to see you! I'd love to come on that 100 degree run with you, as long as I could tag along on a skateboard with a rope tied to you to pull me along. I had to double check on Minnesota, I thought it was up near the Great Lakes and I see it is, it's certainly a cold part of the world for a Southern Boy.

Sass it's funny that you say that about my knitting and finding "time". Frankly I don't know how I had time to drink and have hangovers! I know I've always been energetic and productive -- even through -- most not all -- hangovers -- but when I look back at what I did then and what I do now. ....

Knitting is like a meditation for me, I pick up my needles as soon as I sit down, I am incapable of sitting and watching TV without doing something, if I'm reading online I knit when I'm not typing, I knit when I'm talking to people. I keep both a simple and more complex project going so I can grab whatever is best, I usually toss one in my bag as I go out the door unless I'm going to work or doing shopping.

Actually I want to write a post some time -- in Newcomers I mean -- about exactly this sort of thing. Sometimes when I read over there I feel that the problem a lot of people have in recovery is simply having too much time on their hands leading to too much introspection and brooding. I dunno.

Anyway my busy bee Marchers, I hope you had a good day.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good morning Marchers! Guess what I just did? Typed a long post and then lost it. WHY???????????

So yeah, if you're telepathic, ..... there you go.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Marcher

Marcher, I'm just like you. I can't keep still. But I can't knit.

My son is going to freeze his tuchus off. It will be cold in fall, winter and spring! They go to class via underground tunnels, which is cool, but then there's no excuse not to be in class. Hey, it was not my idea for him to go to the tundra for school. I was pulling for USC on the west coast. Sunny and 75. All the time...
Old 08-20-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers!

Joy, the saving grace of being northward is the lovely spring and fall plus a not quite so hot and humid summer. Winter seems like a smack price to pay!

Marcher, I think I get the meditation-like feeling of knitting. I have some hobbies that have the same effect.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Marcher

Sassy, you're right about the weather. He'll probably love it.

Budd, that pic of your Halloween party buffet looks like an autopsy. But, where are the chicken pot pies??? ))
Old 08-20-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Joy, wisely they don't have me plan the menu!
Old 08-20-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys quick flyby, good to see you here JG!

Hugs all x
Old 08-20-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Hey Marchers,
Just dropping by to say hi and I am getting ready to attend a wedding in Wyoming this week-end.... the daughter of my friend who passed in July... I had mentioned her in posts a couple of months ago. After the wedding, I am going to head to the West Coast and see that ocean!
Hope you are all well and happy!
Old 08-20-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Great to see you, 1Day! Have a good time at the wedding!
Old 08-20-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a sunny smoky Paradise. The smoke is probably from pre-season burn-off, it's very queer to smell bushfire smoke when the air is cold. Cold-ish. Cool then. Mild? Certainly not warm!

1Day have a great time at the wedding, I hope the weather is just right and you all have a lovely time as your friend would want you to.

Originally Posted by joygirl View Post
My son is going to freeze his tuchus off. It will be cold in fall, winter and spring! They go to class via underground tunnels.
Underground tunnels? Really? So when it's snowing outside they can just get up and walk to class in their jammies? What happens if the power goes out while you are in the tunnel?

Ken I thought of you the other day when I was reading a recipe in the paper called "chicken pot pie". In your honour I tore it out and put it in my "to make" pile.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Marcher, I'm sure it will be delicious
Old 08-20-2015, 09:15 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

I wrote a post and lost it, yesterday!

Joyyyyygrrrrrrl, welcome back! What's up buttercup? I felt your sons pain, San Diego to Ohio was kind of harsh. But fla to mn will make that look easy! He'll probably be totally transfixed the fist time he sees a real snowstorm, I still kind of trip out at frozen water falling from the sky.

Marcher, you do hats? Woohoo! Lol

Budd, got a vegetarian version of that thing?

Well everytime you hear feom me for a while it's probably gonna be yaddayaddayadda, househousehousehouse. J's house is on the market as of this week, fingers crossed it sells quickly and for a good price... And fingers super crossed we find a good house for us! I keep praying for the right house to come our way. Doesn't have to be the perfect house, just the right house. We saw a kinda cool one, I'm trying not to get attached because it could easily be off market before we get back from England, when we can start looking more for real. I figure if it's meant to be our house, it will still be there. The timing isn't quite right just yet. It's got a good floor plan and is a lot of house for the money, but the yard looks like heck. Fine by me, I can fix a yard. Know what I can't fix? Anything else. Lol
Old 08-21-2015, 01:20 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post

Marcher, you do hats? Woohoo! Lol
If that's a request, sure I do We. Give me the style you want and whether it's to be a single or matching pair.

Old 08-21-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
If that's a request, sure I do We. Give me the style you want and whether it's to be a single or matching pair.

Hey! I came hatless in hand first! I want a beanie! Ain't ashamed to beg!
Old 08-21-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers It's a lovely Saturday here in Paradise and we've been promised some rain Sunday and Monday which will be very welcome as it's awfully dry even for this stage of winter.

Trachy my sweet you don't have to beg, I'll be delighted to make you a beanie. What colour would you like? Does a Southern Georgian gentleman like yourself prefer wool or cotton?

Funny story: we went out for pizza with friends last night, they had a couple of drinks and Mr Marcher just one light beer. He was going to drive home when I became quite huffy -- "I'm the designated driver!" What a difference from the days of draining the bottle and ordering extra.

Have a lovely weekend all.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Marcher, love, I'd prefer wool. For the winter camping, y'know? Surprise me with color. Wearing a hat you make will be a joy.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Good evening, Marchers!

1Day, great to see you - enjoy the wedding.

Marcher, I know of at least two other northern US colleges with tunnels. In at least one case they were steam tunnels but the students do use them to get around in the winter. We can't have these brainy types get cold

Isn't it nice to be doing something and then we suddenly remember how differently we are doing something now in sobriety!
Old 08-21-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Old 08-21-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Seriously marcher? It wasn't a request but it sure could be! if you're serious, wool would be awesome. I would totally love to walk around in a marcher creation!!! I have kind of a small head so maybe it wouldn't take that much yarn.

Gilmer, what's it mean when you post "." ? I've seen it before with other posts.

Hope everyone is doing well!!
Old 08-21-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Ha--it means I had a little wisecrack set up before dinner--then I took time to eat--and I thought I refreshed the thread but didn't--and I posted the joke, but then I saw that the conversation had long since moved beyond it--so I felt dumb and removed it. Since you can't leave a post blank, I left a period.