View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Marcher13

Good morning Marchers Woohoo, the days are getting longer, it's almost mild so I'm getting over-excited about S-p-r-i-n-g! My favourite eight months of the years are coming up.

Joy it's fabulous to see you! I'd love to come on that 100 degree run with you, as long as I could tag along on a skateboard with a rope tied to you to pull me along. I had to double check on Minnesota, I thought it was up near the Great Lakes and I see it is, it's certainly a cold part of the world for a Southern Boy.

Sass it's funny that you say that about my knitting and finding "time". Frankly I don't know how I had time to drink and have hangovers! I know I've always been energetic and productive -- even through -- most not all -- hangovers -- but when I look back at what I did then and what I do now. ....

Knitting is like a meditation for me, I pick up my needles as soon as I sit down, I am incapable of sitting and watching TV without doing something, if I'm reading online I knit when I'm not typing, I knit when I'm talking to people. I keep both a simple and more complex project going so I can grab whatever is best, I usually toss one in my bag as I go out the door unless I'm going to work or doing shopping.

Actually I want to write a post some time -- in Newcomers I mean -- about exactly this sort of thing. Sometimes when I read over there I feel that the problem a lot of people have in recovery is simply having too much time on their hands leading to too much introspection and brooding. I dunno.

Anyway my busy bee Marchers, I hope you had a good day.