Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 43

Old 09-25-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Marcher that is perfect, thank you!! I'm teaching weather today, so I'll use that. Woohoo! Thanks
Old 09-25-2015, 11:59 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Our weather fronts in Scotland come from the land of Dreich, arriving in a sou-northerly fashion bringing rain, low cloud, mist, mizzle, fog, and if we are lucky, murk. Occasionally, about once a Decade the wind blows in from a Nor-southerly direction and there appears something big and round and yellow that tuns us all red. This is considered something of an urban legend though, as many have never experienced the condition.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Love your descriptions, Toots! They start my day with a chuckle :-)
Old 09-26-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi, gang!

It's as Toots said--just taking a little rest.

Marcher, I'm relieved that the problem turned out to be just a cyst.

Forgive me if I didn't thank everybody's threads; it seems now that every time I hit the thanks button the page refreshed to the top of the page!

My connection at McDonalds is extremely slow today. Makes it hard to catch up!

Budd, have you made the big move yet? Shake the dust off your feet and never look back! They're swine!
Old 09-26-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hi Gilmer, yes, I started having issues with the SR web site somewhere around a week ago. Refreshing pages is painfully slow, is not automatic after time has elapsed anymore and TY's disappear! Ah well, such is advancing tech
Old 09-26-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Gilmer, the move starts Wednesday.

Seeing weather has been a topic, I'll give you the Florida Keys Weather Report.

Hot, humid all the time with a 30% chance of rain. (30% chance means it's raining on 30% of the island)

They only give the weather report once a year!
Old 09-26-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Toots and budd, love your reports!! I'll totally read the. To the teachers of the groups coming next week. I can create a segment of weather reports from around the world! Lol loving this!

Marcher, like I said, I totally dig your weather info. It was perfect. The Coriolis effect makes perfect sense to me until you add jet streams and convection currents and psychrometers! I like to teach feeling I have a pretty solid handle on a subject, so I can answer questions correctly and convey concepts with clarity and logical flow. And of course mix up the delivery for different learning styles. So when I'm not really comfortable with a subject, I research my ass off and cross my fingers I'm giving a cohesive lesson! The kids and teachers seemed to think it all tied together, thank goodness.

Sassy, gilmer, hello ladies!!
Old 09-26-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Hi Gilmer, yes, I started having issues with the SR web site somewhere around a week ago. Refreshing pages is painfully slow, is not automatic after time has elapsed anymore and TY's disappear! Ah well, such is advancing tech
if you guys are having problems you can post in the technical forum so the Techs know there's an issue

D
Old 09-26-2015, 11:47 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Morning folks, Sass I had similar issues but had just installed the latest update in my fruity tablet so thought it was that!

Gilmer, JG good to see you!

We..... Whether the weather be cold, or whether the weather be hot, we'll weather the weather, whatever the weather, whether we like it or not! A rhyme we used to say! X

Hugs all
Old 09-27-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Toots, hmmm - that's interesting. I recently installed latest update on my fruity tablet, too. Not sure of the exact timing with regard to this problem but it is possible. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
now's the time

Hello all Pardon the interruption... Returning wehav2day's visit to my class thread! Hello wehav! So glad to see you're still around! I'm doing well. 2.5 months now and planning to make it stick this time, with all the radical life rearranging involved in that. Congrats on your sobriety, and on getting married (I saw on your posts page as I was navigating here). Hugs!
Old 09-27-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Fantail!!!! Thanks for the visit!! So glad to see you are back. Everyone's welcome in marchers, so stick around if you like. Yep, I'm an old married lady now lol. How's your recovery going? Look forward to catching up!

Toots, love your weather poem lol.

Gilmer good to see you!

Sassy I have no connectivity issues, but I can't start new threads. So the soberverse will just have to do without my whimsical wisdom. Lol

Things are alright in wehavland. I've got some fall down feelings, still haven't quite recovered from the c thing. He rang our doorbell at 9:40 last night. J went to talk to him, I couldn't do it. He's no better. He's talking j's ear off now as she's gardening. I'm at the store. If he says he wants to get sober, I will help him. Otherwise, I just can't watch this.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

WeHav, I just want you to know that I support your decision to not engage with c under the current circumstances. You are doing so well yet have had a number of major life changes in a relatively short amount of time so IMHO it's important to protect your sobriety.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:42 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Well, it no longer bothers me.

Went to visit my sister's new house today. Let's say i went to work at my sister's new house today. Took four toolbags with me.

Nice place! Looks like a nice community. She has enough property to hide the body of her worthless husband if we find that necessary. May be soon.

There was a time when I could not visit her because of my thoughts of violence toward him for the way he's treated her. He straightened up for a while. Now, drinking on the weekends is "OK". Yea, this is the same guy that went through rehab a while back and went on a heroin binge a couple of months ago. I thought she was done with him. She's gotten this house on her own as he's unemployed and worthless. I'm glad she has the house on her own.

We(sis and I) had a productive time, hanging curtains and fixing garage door openers. He had a productive time working on his Masters. He's working on it one-class-at-a-time for thoroughness. Almost 50 YO. Did I mention he's unemployed?

I snipe while I no longer care. She has a great job and a great house all on her own. She no longer needs him. That's what matters to me.

So, he can sit over there with his book while she and I work on the house. I won't call it his "home" as he hasn't a concept of the word. Or a concept of the word "husband". At least, it no longer bothers me.

I hate to see the pain it's causing her. But, she is choosing this path. I can talk all I want and nothing changes. Until she's ready to make it change.

Until then, it no longer bothers me.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Trachy, I think it's positive that your sis is handling things on her own. Hopefully she'll eventually find the strength to kick him out. It's not easy. I stayed in a really bad marriage for 15 years - and that was 14 1/2 years too long. Stupid now that I look back on it. Isn't hindsight wonderful! I'd be surprised if it no longer bothers you but it sounds like you are working on accepting what you can't change - and that's good for your peace of mind and doesn't hurt anyone. I know turtles don't always like hugs but this is for our favorite turtle (((Hug)))!
Old 09-28-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Hi All!!!!!

Packing and house cleanup is almost complete! Just a few more things to do.

Some friends took me out to dinner last night, we had a great time and I will miss them.

This is probably my last post on a real computer until I get to Tenn. I'll only have phone until then, so any posts will be short.

A few more last minute repairs at bowling center, then off to hand in my paperwork, then I'll be unemployed and almost homeless for a short time!!!

Going to see a few other friends tonight, the tommorow is yard cleanup if the yard dries up, lots of rain yesterday.

Will catch up ASAP
Old 09-28-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Budd, we'll be thinking of you and sending happy vibes your way :-)
Old 09-28-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bon Voyage Budd

time for a new thread guys:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-44-a.html

D