Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 43

Old 08-28-2015, 11:49 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Dee have a lovely weekend! I hope you don't have to wait too much longer for your wheels.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:41 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I hope you all have a good and peaceful weekend, I hope Erika is all bluster and no damage.
I am at the airport awaiting our flight. I was up early this morning and took this picture out of the bedroom window in my new phone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (14.5 KB, 57 views)
Old 08-29-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Toots, what a lovely way to start the day and your vacation!

Thinking of our friends in the southeast of this country and sending prayers for safely getting through storms.

Have a safe and happy weekend to all!
Old 08-29-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Toots, that's a beautiful view to wake up to! I hope it's a comfortable flight.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Today's headline: "Storm Erika Likely to Weaken or Collapse Saturday, NHC Says" YAY!! All that fuss a little rain, geesh. Now let's keep our fingers xed that the rest of the season is quiet.

Marcher, I hope you are enjoying your quiet weekend -- it is much deserved.

Toots, that photo is beautiful - have a wonderful vaca!

I hope everyone else is having a lovely weekend.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers It's a sunny blue Sunday in Paradise, we've done the Farmers Market and a long walk along the beach with Marcher Dog so the rest of the day is cruisey.

Duff I'm glad to hear that it looks like Erika will peter out, Ken I hope all is well with you.

Toots that's a gorgeous picture. I don't know if I've told you but I am a great fan of Alexander McCall Smith's Isabel Dalhousie series, I love his descriptions of the beauty of Scotland. I would love to see the far north and west of Scotland one day, do you think I'd survive a Scottish August?

I have some raw cacao balls happening, I hope they taste good.

Have a good Satsun.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:19 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

First day in Tuscany, just vegging in the room for a short while before heading to the beach.
Hubby had access to free alcohol all day yesterday and somewhat over indulged, it's rare he allows himself to get drunk and many is the time he had to all but carry me home. But I was oh so annoyed at him!! It brought back all those times I had to get my ex h from A-B, I had to organise everything, finding luggage, getting to the hotel getting booked in. He was equal parts cheery, belligerent, grumpy and sleepy. He hasn't referred to it this morning, and I know he won't drink every day of the holiday, but I really was annoyed yesterday! On the plane he had a Buck's Fizz on top of drinking whisky at the airport, I quirked a brow at him and the stewardess tried to get me to have one! I told her several times I was happier with fizzy water but she offered every time she passed. To be brutally honest, in case anyone is thinking I was resenting that I couldn't drink, I really didn't want to, and I was mortified remembering all the times hubby has had to 'arrange' me drunk. I had my book, my sounds and a holiday in the sun to look forward to and I can truly say I was thankful to be sober.
I went for a run this morning!

Marcher, honestly?? Yes if you knit another couple of Onesies, add waterproofs and wellies and a gallon of Midgie cream for the one half hour that the sun comes out and the entire insect population of Northern Europe descend on you! But no one comes to Scotland for the weather. x

Sass how are you sleeping now? ( please don't say in a bed on my side... You know what I meant!!)

Hugs all xx
Old 08-30-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Good morning, all!

Toots, speaking of sleeping .... I just woke up 15 minutes ago! It's still mostly not good. I consider it a good night when I get 4-6 hours. I think I will call hypnotherapist this week. Lack of sleep is having major effects on my memory :-(. I hope you enjoy Tuscany.

Marcher, cacao balls - yummy!

Duff happy to hear Erika is not picking up a head of steam.

Have a lovely day/night.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Marcher

Hurricanes should have more hideous names, really. Names you wouldn't want to know people with. I'm thinking of a few now... But I will be nice. Because I'm a southern lady.
Erika is just sending rain over now. What a tease. Haaa!
Seriously, all is well here in Joyland. Ya'll have a great day!
Old 08-30-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

You, too Joy!
Old 08-30-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
But no one comes to Scotland for the weather. x
It's fine Scottish weather we're having. The rain is falling straight down and kind of to the side like.
William Wallace
Old 08-31-2015, 03:00 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Happy Monday morning, Marchers!

Slow but overall steady progress with sleep. I'm hopeful.

Not much going on here at the moment :-)
Old 08-31-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

For once in my life I don't have anything scheduled! Nor do I have anything scheduled for tomorrow or Wednesday!

Actually, there are a couple errands I need to run today, now that I think about it--but I will try to cram them all in in one day!
Old 08-31-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

64267681.jpgThe storm has passed, lucky to get away with what little it did!
Old 08-31-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a sunny chilly paradise. Haha Ken, I guess we can say that Erika was officially a fizzer?

Toots tell us more about Tuscany, the idea of Tuscany in the first week of September is about the pinnacle of my travelling dreams! I can imagine that the best of the summer fruit and veg is being harvested, oh the meals ....

Sass sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with sleep, it becomes very wearying I should think.

The days are getting longer here, the sun is up soon after 6 and doesn't set until after 5.30. Now if only the temperature would rise ...

Have a good day peeps.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

(I just posted this accidentally on another thread, but I meant it for Marchers!)

I had a breakthrough today. Since my dad started declining many months ago, I haven't had the emotional energy to make up menu plans for the week--much less go shopping for a large order. We have ordered a lot of pizza and brought home a lot of fast food! On the rare occasions when I did manage to cook, it took every ounce of focus I had, and usually took all day.

But today I planned a week's menu, searched through the cabinets to figure out what I needed, and ventured out and bought it! The cart was full (and I took my granddaughter, no less). I brought the stuff in and put it all away--and now a decent dinner is cooking..

I dedicated my whole day today to errands--so tomorrow and Wednesday I shouldn't have to leave the house! Maybe i can get some schoolwork done!
Old 08-31-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Ken, that's priceless.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Gilmer, happy to hear you are getting back to your normal routine. You've had quite a time.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers

Been off-grid a LOT this summer in the Boundary Waters (including a 2 week solo), which I loved. Sending big love to all and will try to catch-up on our many adventures.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Marcher

Budd.....haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
)))))