Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 43

Old 08-17-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
Trachy, I think you and I are cut from the same cloth, man. Except for the gun bit . The only thing that has ever brought me back from a camping trip is the need to go back to work. Mrs. Wehav thinks it's kind of odd that I like to go solo so much. I just really dig the meditative aspect, and get some kind of weird joy from knowing everything I need is in my car or on my back. I gotta get back into backpacking...
There is a certain feeling that I can't describe and other people don't understand unless they've done it. It's the feeling you get when you're twenty miles deep in the woods and you're safe, comfortable, and happy with only what you have on your back. You realize that you can go anywhere and do anything. With a thirty pound pack. Wow.

The gun bit? I have a shotgun for the same reason I have fishing gear. I don't hunt anymore but, if I need food I do know how. Bad dogs aren't food(well, maybe in the Philippines) but the uncontrolled need to be eliminated.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:07 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

WeHav, not much happening here, plodding in same ol' same ol' . Less than 2 weeks to our holiday though, so I am getting excited for that.

I have always loved spending time alone with nature, ( well preferably with canine company ) I kinda like being reminded of my insignificance in the timelessness of the world!

Glad for the A- for Mr M

Gilmer, you are obviously one who likes the specifics of the minutiae, where I am one who looks at the bigger picture, draws half of it then finds another picture way more interesting......l

Sass are you managing to sleep any better? Is it anything specific? It won't make you feel remotely better, but I am coming out of my last bout and sleeping through, though it's always harder to sleep with Hubby ( no, Trachy ..... Because he snores!) so 2 weeks sharing a room might leave me a little zombied. At least I can sleep on the sun beds on the beach each day ( in the shade of course with my skin & slathered in factor 50 )
Old 08-18-2015, 03:59 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

I too love being alone! But that's just not possible at this point of my life. Only, like Toots, I need my canine companions. I can easily go days without talking to another human but I talk a lot to the dogs - is that weird?? Haha. I had such a different lifestyle when I lived/worked in So Cal. I had a condo in the mountains and would escape many weekends just me and my dogs. I think the mountains out west have some serious restorative powers for the soul. Of course I have the Atlantic Ocean here and it's pretty powerful in it's own right, but nothing beats the quiet of the mountains . No mountains here -- I'll tell you a secret, sometimes I squint really hard when I'm looking at the horizon here and pretend the cloud formations are mountains.

So I can't carry a gun around (even though I have my permit) because I just can't risk it with kids - I could never ever ever ever live with, well I don't even want to think about it. But I did buy a stun gun! This thing freaks me out! But I don't know what else to do. I just found out that our newest neighbors who just moved in after tearing down a beautiful cape and taking over 2 years to build a McMansion - with ZERO yard left - have 2 Bull Mastiffs! What? These two dogs might be the kindest souls in the world but I just don't trust anyone anymore - too many of my neighbors have proven to be complete whackos and this guy has a reputation as being a horrible jerk - too long to go into but he truly is a bad bad man. So I hope I never have to use it but my dogs will never be hurt again - or god forbid the kids.

I survived the first day back to school yesterday! Everyone seems happy and all that freedom I was looking forward to just flew by - before I knew it it was time to for pick up.

Marcher, so happy to hear the good report for Mr. M.!

Gilmer, can you take a hiatus? Perhaps you just need a break? Have fun with the grands!

Toots, good luck getting some rest! I grew up with a Lhasa who snored louder than any human I've ever heard so I can sleep through the worst of them. Haha, it actually kind of gives me comfort

Celebrating a very special boys 5 year birthday today!!!!! Where is the time going?? Kindergarten and turning 5 all in one week -- oh boy!
Old 08-18-2015, 04:06 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

My husband jokes that he's going to buy a tranquilizer gun so that when the peach-filching bear comes back next year he can shoot it and then take selfies with it!
Old 08-18-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Oh duff happy birthday to your 5 year old!!! I wish we could do pics!
Old 08-18-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Yo Marchers! Lots going on here I see :-)

We, I hope you enjoy the visit across the pond. I, too, have always loved being by myself in the woods. I grew up that way. I've missed that for a long time. Bad tick season here this spring so gotta wait a bit longer.

Trachy, I totally get that enjoyment of self-sufficiency.

Gilmer, I hope you find what will work best for you!

Duff, wow - 5 years old and starting kindergarten! I don't like the sound of your new neighbors.

Marcher, glad to hear Mr Marcher is improving. Prayers for continued good news!

Toots, sleep still not great. I got a script for my old sleeping pills so now I'm getting 4-5 hours per night. Not great but at least trending in the right direction. I'm a bit down but considering all of the massive changes in my life over the past 18 months, probably not surprising. It will get better I'm sure :-)

Apologies if I missed someone - I usually do :-(
Old 08-18-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

(((Sass)))
Old 08-18-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Thanks, Gilmer. I'll be okay - just in need of a little down time. I'm thankful that I'm sober while dealing with this!
Old 08-18-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

]Seems like there a a number of us that could be quite happy with as little human interaction as possible, (possible corrolation between that and our addictions, I've seen T shirts that say "I drink to make people more interesting" I know for me dealing with people was and still is one of my biggest stressors.

I've been watching some of those TV shows that have people isolated frrom the "normal" world, in many ways I would liked to have had that as an option, (i didn't realize it way back when). I've never acually been camping though so I seriously wouldn't survive long (maybe 2 days) Plus, the winters would kill me, I could take some colder weather but not those -40's and worse that they talk about.

Been real busy at work and home , sorry I haven't posted much, but here is a pic of what our Halloween Party at the legion will have for food.[ATTACH]27651[/ATTACH
Attached Images
Old 08-18-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Cool! What are the intestines?
Old 08-18-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

sausage
Old 08-18-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers My goodness Ken you wouldn't want to show that photo to vegans or vegetarians, I think Marcher Dog would be pretty keen though.

Sass my sweet I'm sorry to hear that you are still having sleeping issues, I hope the old tablets help. To help with relaxation: have you tried either a lavender pillow (goes under your regular one) or lavender pillow spray? I think the end of summer can often be problematic for sleep whether we suffer from insomnia or not. Hugs.

We I'm looking forward to hearing about your upcoming adventures.

All good here, have a good day peeps.

PS Blanket #9 done.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:23 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

Budd, interesting observation about the number of us who enjoy solitude. I find my batteries get recharged when I have quiet time by myself. I'm finally getting to a point where I'm feeling more comfortable switch socializing.

Marcher, I can't figure out how you find time to do all that knitting on top of everything else you do :-)

Happy hump day to all.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good afternoon, ya'll! I'm popping in to say Hello.
I've read back some, and I'm thinking of you all with love and warm fuzzies today.
I'm doing ok, just having some life transitions. But, what's new with that, right?

Two sons starting college this fall.
Eldest at Ole Miss, still.
Other one at University of Minnesota.
Yes, Minnesota.
From Florida.
Brilliant boy, but he doesn't know cold!!!!
Ah, well...

I'll try to keep up more. I'm going to be in the healthy eating forum doing a Whole 30 challenge. I did it in April and May. LDT forced me. If any of you want to join us, it begins August 31. It's fun!
Now, I'm off for a run in the 100 degree sun. Cause that's just the kind of girl I am. STILL! Haaaaaa!
Old 08-19-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Great to see you, Joy!
Old 08-19-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Marcher

Thanks, you too, Gilmer.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Glad you stopped by, Joy! I wonder at times what happened to Marchers who don't post anymore. Minnesota from Florida . It will be interesting to see how he lasts the winter.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Joy..... Great to see ya!!!
have Minnesota son stand in a Sub Zero freezer for a few minutes, then let him know that's what he'll be living in for half the year!
Old 08-19-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey, Joy!

Marcher, I need a new beanie hat.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you Joy - and everyone else too

D