Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 43

Old 08-12-2015, 02:01 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone.

Ha, ha, Toots: as far as the cleaning goes, that whirling dervish business that happened on Saturday was a complete freak of nature!

My new project is to go around the perimeter of the house and clean out drawers and cabinets. I have one room completely done--moving on to two big junk drawers today.

My goal is to chip away at the clutter slowly. I don't want to spend more than an hour a day at it--and preferably not even that!

What are some of the career directions are you thinking of? Wherever you go you'll be a great asset!
Old 08-12-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers! Still rainy here and insomnia still going on ....

Have a good one, all :-)
Old 08-12-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Trach, your holiday plans sound delightful! I'm with Toots, my family could not spend 4 days in a cabin with each other without someone leaving in a body bag. Getting through this wedding was difficult enough. And we were staying in different towns!

That is one of the best parts of moving -- getting rid of a lot of stuff! We've been here in this house 2 years (hard to believe!) and "stuff" is starting to accumulate again. It doesn't help that I'm married to a pack rat.

Sorry about the insomnia, Sass. I was up from 3-5 this morning and it's dreadful. Now I'm going to be dragging all day.

SO I haven't shared this but I've been through a bit of a trauma the past few days. You might recall that my dogs were attacked last year, in our own garage, by my neighbor's Akitas. Well, they were attacked again while we were away and I am heartbroken. My mom-in-law was walking them back into our yard and trying to open the garage door when the same thing happened! They got rid of one of the Akitas after it attacked several other dogs and finally bit his own son - yes that's why he got rid of it - it bit his son. So they kept one Akita and now have a pit mix. He let them off leash right around our house and this happened. My Westie has a bite mark on her back and cannot use her left hind leg. We got the call Saturday and in-laws took her to the vet. We got in late Monday night and it's worse than I thought. I took her yesterday for x-rays and I'm waiting to hear if she needs surgery.

While we were away I sent out an email to the entire neighborhood warning them of the attack since the owners are in such complete denial. The backlash has been swift - most in support of us and worried about my pup. A few are nasty and they are the repeat offenders (3 in our neighborhood!). I also called animal control but I'm not expecting much to come from that - they get 3 chances in my county (!!!!! urgh!!!!!).

Anyway, I'm heartbroken, I'm furious. Hubby talked to him on the phone yesterday - he agreed to pay the vet bills but money means nothing to him - he's a millionaire many times over. The arrogance is just too much to bear - of course it wasn't his dogs fault - do you know he actually blamed my mom-in-law! Saying it probably happened while she was dragging my dog away from the attack!

Sorry - that was a big vent -- wanted to share the story with you too.

Doing lots of deep breathing and praying.

Day 6 of withdrawals and no symptoms! I had none yesterday so I'm guessing it's out of my system. Funny, because I had to go back on the AD last time as the symptoms were so horrible. Fingers xed I can stay med free. They've certainly served their purpose for me over the years but I never have loved the side effects.

Thanks for listening (er reading!) as always. What would I do if I didn't have my Marchers to turn to???
Old 08-12-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh, Duff--that's horrible! Maybe you and your good neighbors can get together and lobby for leash laws in your area.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

My 20 gauge would fix that problem.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
My 20 gauge would fix that problem.
Exactly.

Gilmer, we are working on it. Florida has to be the leading state on gated communities/HOAs but what everyone loves about our little community is the laid back HOA and restrictions so we've let a lot of things go that really do need attention. Our current "President" is useless so a lot of work needs to happen to get to where we need to be -- I'm hoping it doesn't all fall on me!!!!!
Old 08-12-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

(((Duff)))! I'm so sorry to hear that your Westie was hurt! Those neighbors sound like jerks :-(
Old 08-12-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers

Duff what a difficult time you are going through but you will come through it, I have every faith in your tenacity and strength. I'm thinking of you fellow dog lover.

Tracy I take it that's not you're knitting that you are talking about?

I'm loving being back to normal -- as it were some people wouldn't call me normal.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Good morning Marchers

Duff what a difficult time you are going through but you will come through it, I have every faith in your tenacity and strength. I'm thinking of you fellow dog lover.

Tracy I take it that's not you're knitting that you are talking about?
Nope. Dangerous animals get put down.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:56 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I don't think the dog would be the first target..... Arrogant SOB.

Heartfelt wishes for a full and speedy recovery for little Westie, I would put up pictures of his injuries on every lamppost with a photo of the dog that did it and the dumb owner saying 'beware dangerous dog and moron. '
Old 08-13-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Toots, I like that idea! I did post a picture of her injury on the email blast I sent out. He told hubby we weren't being "neighborly."

Westie girl played with her favorite squeaky toy last night for a few minutes so I think she's feeling a bit better!

Trachy, I was thinking about your holiday plans. I've been thinking about the weekend I just spent with my family. Even though we stayed in separate locations we spent a lot of time together. I have no doubt the weekend would have gone differently had I been drinking. I would have misinterpreted words or actions and then would have flown off the handle (yes, my family has that effect on me!). There were things done that annoyed me but I was able to see it all through a rational, sober eye and no major drama happened. I think you will have a lovely time together and being sober will ensure that! How lucky you and your family are!

Today is a big day and I don't think I'll be able to get through it without tons of tears. Today is Kindergarten open house! My little one will meet his teacher, find his desk and meet his new friends. When did all this happen?? When did my baby turn into a kindergartner??
Old 08-13-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

(((Duff)))

Old 08-13-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
I'm back!

Had a great time. No temptation in the slightest.

I'm taking off today and Friday to just get settled back into reality, then back to the grind on Monday.

IMG_0380.jpg
Old 08-13-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Diggie, LOVE the photo!!! Was dr everything you hoped for? Is there a ton of seaweed like we heard on radio?

Duff, what a few days you've had! Poor westie girl! And the big kg on top of that...

Trachy, if you used the gun on the one who deserves it, you'd surely go to jail. We like you too much for that. I can't believe a person who clearly can't control/properly train one potentially dangerous breed of dog went out and got another one. What a jerk!

I hope everyone is doing well today! Things are pretty good in wehavland. J's new meditation/gratitude regime seems to be working. The house goes in the market tomorrow! We started looking at houses!! So we are at the overwhelming yet exciting part of the process! And of course my landlord just announced she is doing a walk through, of course. I haven't given notice, so I have to hide the boxes! I'm holding on to the apt. Until we have a new house, don't know when that is yet.

J leaves for England tomorrow, I follow in a week. So that's three weeks no house hunting. Fingers crossed we get good nibbles on the house, and there are some good options on the market when we get back!
Old 08-13-2015, 03:04 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Yes, Diggie - love the view! I don't have the beach quite that close.

We, I hope you have a lovely trip :-)
Old 08-13-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a sunny chilly Paradise ---- where we have planted the first tomato seed of the season! When I say "planted" I mean it's in a pot in the lounge room but we are on the way to the 2015-16 Vegie Season.

DD love the photo! I hope you are full of vitamin D and ozone. We I hope you have a good trip.

Poor Duff, you are having your challenges lately, lean on us dear girl, you'll come through this trying time.

I've just set the sourdough sponge for the weekend baking, life is good.

Have a good Frursday peeps.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:20 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hugs Duff, your baby done started growing up! Good to hear your Westie is feeling better. What is 'neighbourly' about having uncontrollable viscious dogs?? Numbnuts! Honestly I would love to get my hands round his pointless throat!

Marcher, I am really noticing the longer nights now

DD, love the legs boy! Haha

All good but soggy in Tootsville
Old 08-14-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

It's going to be a hot one here today. I finally gave in and took a sleeping pill last night - ah, blissful sleep!

Duff, sorry you have such idiots as neighbors!

Marcher, I love that you are sounding back to your usual self. You are a strong woman

We, great to hear that you and j are working hard on your relationship!

Toots, try not to get too soggy yourself
I'm still disappointed you won't be moving back here!

Have a lovely day to all.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:55 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

I am too Sass, I think I was very grown up and mature putting hubby's best interests first and advising him to change jobs when the offer came. But who knows where this new job will take us or what opportunities we have in our future, never say never eh? X
Old 08-15-2015, 03:19 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

A lazy quiet day coming up :-)