Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 18

Old 08-04-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Conquest!!!

Briar, glad that your daughter is okay.

Feel better soon, venus. I am sorry that this is going to be long-term; is there effective treatment?

Arbor, do you have a small bathroom in your home? Arbor, a steamy bathroom is a good self-help treatment for croup; just turn on a hot shower and wait for the bathroom to fill with steam.

Hello to everyone; wishing you a great day.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

New meetup group tonight-networking women. Trying to have an open mind to new experiences and people-meeting at a Juice Bar, so that's good.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Sounds fun, BD! I hope you meet some cool people there.

Dinner out with my guys tonight... I've got my fingers crossed for fajitas. We've had an unexpected but much-needed thunderstorm pop up so just enjoying it from the couch for now.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Hope your dinner was good Conquest. Wife and I love fajitas too.

Made another step forward today and called the local church to double check I got the time and place right for the beginners AA meeting Thursday (I found a large list online). Its definitely happening. Hope it's a good group of people. You never know until you go. This is one out of the many, many meeting places in town here. If it doesn't fit I'll try another.

Night all...
Old 08-04-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Good luck Arbor! I hope you find a great group. You are being very brave! I have not taken that leap myself, so I mean that. Hugs.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Thanks Phoebe. Like Dee says, you gotta throw everything you got at it.

Night, night for reals this time...
Old 08-04-2015, 09:56 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

SR just ate my nice long post. Curses!

To paraphrase:

V I'm so sorry you have to have surgery. Sending love and hugs.

Arbor I'm really glad you're going to check out AA. Just setting foot into the recovery community is a huge step, and I think it will be good for you whether AA turns out to be your thing or not.

Child and fire are both fine, and I am toast. Goodnight guys.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:08 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Old 08-05-2015, 02:31 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I thinks it's brave too phoebe....and smart.

I hope you're feeling better today V, wishing all the team a good Wednesday.

Lots on my plate today and first item on the agenda is gym time....
Old 08-05-2015, 03:22 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Sorry. I had my procedure. I tried to post before but couldn't.
Feeling pretty ordinary.
Going to bed.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Wishing you a speedy recovery, V. I hope you are not having too ugh pain or discomfort. Gentle hugs.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Well that was quick V. Had to make a decision quickly I take it? At least it's over now and you can rest. Sleep well!
Old 08-05-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Recover well, sweet venuscat!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Venus. Rest up and be gentle with yourself. Lots of love your way

Eat that full plate one bite at a time, Mark! The other day, I stood in my office just looking around like "where the heck do I start?". So I cleaned the computer screen that looked dusty. Lol Some days are like that. One thing at a time, it'll all get done. You can do it!

Dinner was great (fajitas prevailed!). Afterwards we went to a nearby baseball field and let jr. swing away while the sun set. It was gorgeous and a very relaxing evening. Standing in the outfield, I thought of all the sunsets I'd missed out on by being at home on the couch most nights with glass in hand. It really made me sad and mad. And then I got even more irritated that I still have cravings. Why does my brain insist on throwing it out there as an option anymore? For how long will I be battling an AV? Just annoying thoughts, interrupting a lovely evening. Luckily, they were short-lived.
Today, I've taken off to help my baby brother with a move. Cowboy has trusted me to drive his ginormous truck...eeeeeeeek! I'm 5'3 so may need a booster seat. And in this 102 heat, I sense a snowcone in my future. It's gonna be a good, sober day.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Ha! A snow cone! Your awesome Conquest. Haven't had one of those in ages. I resigned to the fact that the AV will always be there. It's just a matter of using the tools we've got to keep batting it away. I need to be able to change the way I feel more efficiently instead of letting it grow.

Good luck with the truck!
Old 08-05-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Yes...and I think that's what frustrated me...Those thoughts give me a weird vibe for no reason at all. It's saying there's something wrong or something missing when everything is right and I've got everything I need to be happy, healthy, fulfilled, etc.
Again, just annoying. And I've been around a lot of drinking lately. So I'm sure that's what's triggering. In those moments, I just remind myself that things are good. Life is good. And abstaining is good for me. I'm still on the right track...a lot of positive self talk.
And Arbor, if it's been ages, you and the family need to put snow cones on the calendar one evening. They're cheap, nostalgic, and total AV-smashers.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Conquest - another short girl! I'm 5'2". Good luck driving that truck. I can't even drive my husband's Nissan Altima. My husband is 6'6", and the seats in my Honda CRV are adjusted accordingly. It looks pretty hilarious.

V rest well and take good care of yourself. Do you have anyone helping you? You should.

I got some good sleep last night to make up for the three hours I got the night before. Another early bedtime tonight and I should be right as rain.

Conquest I know what you mean about the AV trying to crash the nice things we have going on. I'll think of course I know I'm an alcoholic and can't drink, that's why I'll only do it for a night, or a week, then I'll quit again like I did before. Forgetting, I guess, what a tremendous effort it took from several people to get me sober last time. I keep thinking quitting again would be easy. Seriously? The AV is a slow learner.

Have a good one everybody.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Arbor definitely get some snow cones.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
I'll think of course I know I'm an alcoholic and can't drink, that's why I'll only do it for a night, or a week, then I'll quit again like I did before. Forgetting, I guess, what a tremendous effort it took from several people to get me sober last time. I keep thinking quitting again would be easy. Seriously? The AV is a slow learner.
That's what I think all the time too. That's what got me stuck in that rut once again. And yeah, I was able to pull myself out of it within a couple months time, but it wasn't worth going through all that. If it's avoidable in the future it needs to happen.

Point is that alcohol just makes you a miserable person. Even if I were to do it sporadically. That was definitely starting to happen to me again and it's no way to live a life.

I think those voids will eventually be filled naturally the longer we abstain.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Well said, Briar. And Arbor, it does feel like a void at times.

Have yall seen the Really?! With Seth and Amy skits on Saturday Night Live? That may be my new style of dialogue with the AV. lol

Ok. Baby bro is finally up and on his way. (This is early for him. Must be nice. Haha)

Enjoy your day everyone!