Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 18

Old 08-12-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Starting out great-just got back from an hour long walk. Breezy and beautiful today.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Morning everyone, things are good here. The fire is respecting the bulldozer lines they've carved a mile from the house, and the major growth has been on the other end, so we're feeling real good about the situation. Im very interested to see the view from her house. Locals have described it as a "moonscape."

I'll write more later, need to get going.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
Starting out great-just got back from an hour long walk. Breezy and beautiful today.
Same here! Walk and the weather. . Gorgeous. I am "stuck" sitting out with the puppy. For some fresh air and playtime. Tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. He seems mellow this time of day. Taking in the sights, sounds and smells, while the neighborhood is otherwise so quiet.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
It started with the Christmas lunch, let's call that Point A. What would happen if I had a few drinks? Fact is, absolutely nothing, but a few drinks with co-workers was never the problem. It was the party of one, night after night, in fact every night, Point B that brought me here. It was a very short trip from Point A to Point B.
I still like this BD. Thank you.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

^^^^^ It describes me to the T.

Last night I went to my first rock concert. Sober. Could have managed two or three. Literally didn't even have the urge. Sipped my ice coffee instead and enjoyed the show immensely.

These guys are from your neck of the woods V. Aussies, The Church and Britains, Psychedelic Furs.

image-3635059151.jpg
Old 08-12-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Oh wow. I LOVE The Church.
Glad you had a great time Arbor!
Old 08-12-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Thanks V! Great to talk to someone who's familiar. I'm a BIG fan. Just how popular are they in your part of the world? Was a last minute thing. Glad I was able to make it work. Needed a night out with some buds.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Also like the Church and Psychedelic Furs! Sounds great Arbor!
Old 08-12-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Well, I have no idea if anyone here around your age would know The Church at all Arbor, but in my age group, they are still known as one of the greatest bands ever. I love love love them...and you could say Under The Milky Way, or Unguarded Moment to anyone in my genre and they will telly you how much they love those songs.

I know the Psychedelic Furs, but was never into them as such, and I'm not sure who The Britains are. But I bet you any money Dee does...

So, my sister decided to get me a wheel alignment and two new tyres, and after a few other things I didn't factor in my car cost $1033.

I wish the value of the car would increase after all of that. Sheesh. What a lot of money. And no, I didn't get any extra shifts. Lordy. Lucky I have an awesome sister.

Can we have some more puppy pics phoebe?

Glad the house has been spared again Briar, that's just beyond good!!

Love to all of you. ♥
Old 08-12-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hi guys,

V - cars are the worst! I absolutely hate car trouble. I'm glad yours is in good shape now, but I'm sorry for the cost. And you're right, the value should increase. In my work, I often calculate the value of vehicles. Whenever possible, I factor in the cost of recent repairs, and the court usually agrees with me.

Arbor - that's awesome that you got to do something fun like that, and sober. I found it kind of weird at first to do stuff like that sober, but at the end of the night, I go to bed with great memories and no guilt. So many fun events in my past are tainted by bad memories because I got so hopelessly trashed. Now I have less anxiety going into things like that knowing I won't end up ruining it for myself.

Mark - your ungodly wakeup time frightens and offends me. I can count on one hand the times in my life I've willingly woken up that early. Not a morning person over here.

Phoebe - definitely one of the nice things about a dog is they force you to get out of the house. Luckily you have good weather. Oh, and you're absolutely right about not being able to watch adult shows and movies because there's always young eyes around, or I'm too tired. I've given up. Hopefully all these good shows will still be available when she's grown.

Aaaand...my daughter has strapped herself to her chair using my bra as a seatbelt. Right.

Have a good night everyone.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think Arbor meant the 'Furs come from Britain V

D
Old 08-12-2015, 09:24 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Ah yes...I see that now. Oops. (How embarrassing )
Old 08-12-2015, 09:26 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's no biggie V

D
Old 08-13-2015, 02:33 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Good morning gang,

Well I almost spewed my coffee out when I read that last comment about your daughter Briar. Kids and their antics!

Speaking of antics, I don't miss those memory-tainting drunken ones either....and I think it's great you went out and enjoyed a nice time with your friends Arbor. Seems as though it went well and you had a nice time without much distraction from the av.

I'm not very educated on music stuff, but it surprises me too that those eighties-era groups are known by the youngsters around here. Gotta admit that I'd never heard of them, but I may recognize some of their songs.

Gotta get going. Wishing all the best day.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:55 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Morning guys. I probably should've said UK instead of Britain. Ive said it before but I'm a big fan of the 70s 80s era of music. Most of what I listen to is from that time. A lot of these artists are still pumping out new music so that's great. The AV wasn't around much that night. Its been pretty quiet lately and that's good. I'm pretty determined at this point to make it work so those nine months weren't for nothing.

I hope y'all have a great day. Glad you and your family are safe Briar.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:00 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Of course those nine months weren't for nothing....we build our sober muscles.
We strengthen ourselves with all of the work we put in. That's the way I see it.
That's the way I feel about my journey; I'm way stronger now than I ever would have believed possible.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Gmornin everybody!

Briar, I couldn't have said it better... There's a relief like no other in sobriety. Going home after a fun night with great memories, no guilt, is just plain awesome. And I'm so glad your mom's house is spared.

my alarm went off at 5:30 and I just kept hitting snooze. Gotta run!
Have a beautiful day!!
Old 08-13-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Gosh you people get up early....5.30? Lordy. I could hardly get my cat off the bed at that hour.

So while you all get up. I'm off to dreamland.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post

Can we have some more puppy pics phoebe?

Will work on that!
Old 08-13-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Here are two my daughter took. He has very expressive ears, lol.

He had no potty accidents in the house yesterday, and a few times now, he has run to the door and scratched to go out to go. Yay! Getting there. The nipping is better for me, but he gets too excited with kids and nips at them when they play. Working on that.