Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 18

Old 08-03-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Beginners' meeting are an awesome way to start Arbor.
Really. I am sure you will like it.

Sorry about the car bill Mark.

And Huxley will be an awesome walking buddy phoebe...um, not sure what is going on re vaccinations and stuff after what you said yesterday, but usually, after 16 weeks you can take them out in public. The earlier you train him to walk on a leash the better I think.

Hi BD...all of you girls (except me) are pretty creative here.

Well, not really wanting to get into this, but I have a pretty major health drama going on. I am in need of love and kindness. And some big hugs.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:36 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Big hugs and healing vibes your way, Venus. I hope you're feeling much better very soon.

A couple days away and I miss so much!!! Body butter, puppy lovin, AV-smashing... All good stuff.

Briar, just want you to know that your mom and this awful fire situation are in my thoughts and prayers.

Things are good here, just got back today from a nice long visit with family in the sticks. Glad to be home with my internet and SR friends!
Old 08-03-2015, 09:41 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

You were missed Conquest.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:38 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Love and hugs to you V. I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks Conquest, and all of you guys for the support. My mom's place is still okay, and I'm feeling pretty good about it right now. Today's fire maps show it's still moving slowly in her direction, but they are bulldozing three containment lines between the fire and the valley she lives in. That's reassuring. The other side of it is still heading north very fast. They planned to use a major highway as a containment line, but it jumped the line today, and now there are two new fires burning on the other side. Not sure what the plan is now. I think the whole thing is at about 85 square miles right now.

It's always interesting to watch something historical happen, but this one's a bit too close for comfort. Between this and last year's earthquake, I think we've had our fill of natural disasters for a while. And they say we've got an El Niņo winter ahead, which is mega awesome for the rain it will bring, but it will also probably flood our asses and knock down all our power lines. The 1998 El Niņo knocked out our power for two weeks. But that's fine with me if it means we get a whole bunch of rain.

Anyway, it's all good. Everything will be okay. I hope you guys are doing well.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:30 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I have coffee waiting for you this morning Mark....

Old 08-04-2015, 02:36 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

((((V)))). Add a little love and kindness to the mix too. Hope you'll get some good rest with no kangaroos or koalas howling.

Ahh, that looks much better than the mug of instant I'm holding!

Thanks V!!!
Old 08-04-2015, 02:39 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

LOL...koalas snort like pigs, and there are none around here. And I have never heard a kangaroo howl. And this is the city...more likely to hear possums and cats.

My health stuff is going to be ongoing...I will have to live with it for quite some time. I appreciate the love. As I said, I need it right now...trying hard not to lose it atm.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:46 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Well I can relate on the possums. But you certainly must have duck billed platypus all over the place! My mental image of all things down under is crumbling.

Ok. Feeling lazy, but gym time it is.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:47 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Sorry, never even seen a platypus.
Enjoy the gym.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:19 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

That looks delicious Venus! Feel better .
Old 08-04-2015, 03:19 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Oh hi guys! So it's 3am here, and I'm at the emergency room with my daughter who popped her elbow, screamed bloody murder for 6 hours, then made a miraculous full recovery upon check in at the hospital.

So as soon as I can extract us from this place (after, of course, paying a handsome co-pay and documenting what a terrible parent I am by refusing unnecessary X-rays), I'll have to figure out how to talk to a four year old about exaggerating injuries to get attention.

Did I mention it's 3am?

Parenthood rocks.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:37 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Sorry this happened but glad she's OK Briar.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:43 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

V, sorry you are dealing with a serious health situation. I hope you recover soon.

Nriar, glad your daughter is okay! My daughter once had her ankle lock up painfully. Could not move it or walk on it. Brought her to the ER, and they registered us and sent us off to the waiting room with ice. Something about how she crossed her leg at the knee to apply the ice unlocked the ankle. She could move it and felt fine! We also had to document refusal of care, lol.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:53 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Briar, once when DD was almost three on the way to daycare announced " I sick." Well crap, there was no way I could take off from work that day so I brought her. What a nightmare. Longest. Day. Ever. On the way home I could see her face in the rearview mirror and she said "I not sick." Well, no ****. We had a little chat about that one for sure.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:01 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Yeah I'm a little confused as to what exactly happened. The doctor thinks maybe she dislocated it and popped it back in. Of note, however, was how quickly she perked up and recovered when she found out we were going somewhere interesting.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Be proud of how much better prepared you are to deal with this as a sober parent Briar.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

I'll share my fancy coffee with you Briar. You may need it today.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Lordy....what an ordeal Briar.
And yep, sober you did really well.
Glad the little one is OK.

I have to tell you, it isn't any easier with cats.
And they can't talk, so it's hard to find out the severity of the situation....I went through a lot with little Ms Fluff a couple of years ago. She survived, thank God, and so did I.

I don't mean to be mysterious with my health, I was just overwhelmed and embarrassed re taking about this with guys. Going to have to have some surgery pronto, gyno stuff. I thought I could wait, but apparently it's going to have to be right away.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Sorry your not feeling well V...hang in there.

Glad your daughter is alright Briar. I feel like these little kids are ticking time bombs. You hate to say but eventually they get hurt. We've already been to the ER with our little one for croup.

Good to see you Conquest. Glad you made it back outta the sticks! Sounds like a good place to get away to me right about now.

Enjoy the day everyone.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that surgery is needed, Venus. Gigantic hugs your way. We'll be with you step by step.

Briar, What a stressful night! And it sounds like you handled it beautifully. Sobriety is such a gift, especially in those emergency type situations. And I'm happy to hear that your little one is ok. Hopefully you can squeeze in a nap sometime today.

Phoebe, I dreamed about puppies after catching up on your posts! Lol looking forward to our next Huxley update.

Arbor, It was a great get away. Things are just so much slower-paced. It took me a bit to unwind and just enjoy the quiet. Im still learning to slow down, I guess. And I'll get more practice this coming weekend when we head to the hunting lease out in the Texas pines (aka, the middle of nowhere). The lightning bugs at night are my favorite part.
Just want you to know that I'm proud of you and excited for your first meeting on Thursday. Thats a big step forward, friend.

That coffee looks so good! I feel like I can almost smell it. Mmmm
Lemon water for me today. Let's clink teacups and mugs for another sober day!