Notices

Class of August 2015

Old 08-06-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by skipper123 View Post
Hi I am currently 42 days sober have been drinking since I was about 13 . a bottle to bottle and a half a night unless with friends drinking than it even more. Been hiding glasses and bottles for the last several years . Have gained 20 plus pounds in the last 2 years. Just feel like crap the day after until I start up again around 4 or 5. I have been feeling so uch better since sober but very tired. I am going out with a drinking friend tonight and feeling a little worried but determined to stay on track. Reading these posts have been a great help to me.
I understand you're going through a tough choice by going out with your friend tonight, keep it in your mind that you're the designated driver and stick with club soda and lime. If there's a bartender tell them that you're the designated driver and you could probably get the club sodas for free.
Unfortunately that's the best advice I can give you. Again good job On going over 30 days that's the toughest part!
Old 08-06-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Will good luck all this is PJ signing off I've got to go to my doctors appointment have a great day, think beyond the drink!
Old 08-06-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

going out

I would like to cancel going out but have already done it twice. I need to be able to go out and do things without drinking - new to me since that seems to be what my friends and I do. I know sodas not the best for me but cokes are tasting really good since I am craving sugar so I guess I will go with that. Thanks for the suggestionsthanks
Old 08-06-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Can I join you all please? Day 1. Last day 1, please God. Gotta figure out what to do differently this time around. I can't live like this anymore.
I've has some serious stuff going on with family and friends and as much as staying in a beer haze is slightly appealing I want to be fully here, happy and healthy for myself and my family.
My last Day 1 was yesterday. I'm determined this time. You're right to want to be happy and healthy, so do I. Just remember we can't be healthy or happy when we're drinking. It's a temporary, negative solution, and there are such better ways to deal with the stresses of life. Let's do this!
Old 08-06-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Well I just had an upsetting even take place. Facebook temporarily locked my account. Now that' not that big of a deal. But what concerns me is that the first thing that crossed my mind was beer! A minor upsetting event made me think of beer!

I'm not going to get any and never seriously considered it. The fact that I thought of is what concerns me.

Boy I got a ways to go on this journey.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
Can I join you all please? Day 1. Last day 1, please God. Gotta figure out what to do differently this time around. I can't live like this anymore.
I've has some serious stuff going on with family and friends and as much as staying in a beer haze is slightly appealing I want to be fully here, happy and healthy for myself and my family.
Hi Chick !
Good to hear from you ! I'm sorry, however, you got so much going on.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Well I just had an upsetting even take place. Facebook temporarily locked my account. Now that' not that big of a deal. But what concerns me is that the first thing that crossed my mind was beer! A minor upsetting event made me think of beer!

I'm not going to get any and never seriously considered it. The fact that I thought of is what concerns me.

Boy I got a ways to go on this journey.
BBG,
Unfortunately I think that's kind of a normal thing, uncomfortable as it may feel. Nothing "wrong" with you for stopping drinking and having urge/cravings/whatever-u-wanna-call em. I do know the one time I put booze behind me for 3-4 months, it did go away. I sort of tapered backwards. Addiction is bad stuff.
I'm shaking inside thinking about this weekend coming up. I've become yhe worst alcoholic I could be. I don't go out, doesn't matter who I'm around, I'm just a ticking bad event waiting to occur.
I may have smoked pot like 1988, maybe, but I'm feeling like it might help me with the anxiety.
Yea, let's trade one issue for another, more arrest worthy one
Old 08-06-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

New to the website tonight. 154 days ago I began. I clocked up 3 months AF during that time but slipped in July, am DETERMINED to get through August and beyond! Day 25 for moi. Looking forward to sharing and getting to know you all x
Old 08-06-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Welcome alreadyinuse.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:32 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Where is the one year and under thread?
Old 08-06-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
Where is the one year and under thread?
It's located on the Newcomer's Daily Support Threads forum. Lot of other great threads to be found there as well, such as the 24 Hour Recovery Connection thread and all the pre-August 2015 monthly class threads.

Here is the latest One Year and Under thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-47-a.html
Old 08-06-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Me too Allie- BBgone, I think I read that after 3 days your body will be able to absorb B vitamins and other minerals it just passes when you drink. I take B complex and some supplements, that I'm seeing if help me. Detox stinks but it'll never come back if we don't drink again !
Magnesium helps a lot with the brain fog too. I take B complex, vitamin C and magnesium every day. I think it is beneficial. It can't hurt to try it!
Old 08-06-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Off to bed. Hope I'm tired enough to sleep thru. Last night awful .
Watching my 6yr old play angry birds on an old iPhone of ours. My 2 yr old hugged my grimy stinky filthy butt for like 5 minutes when I walked in. Broke my heart. If I drink , it's time with them I'll never get back.
Goodnight folks. Good thoughts and prayers to each one of you!
Day 5 tomorrow
Old 08-06-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Hey! Hey! Hey! I'm having my first cravings! Day 5! Did I call it or did I call it? We're doing take out tonight, and I told H to bring me back soda to go with my food. This place also carries take-out beer, and I could kill for some hard cider right now. Soda is my consolation prize.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Good job today everybody!

I had a busy day today and I'm exhausted. Was craving wine after a long day of shopping but I didn't give in. And now I'm perfectly happy lounging on the couch watching tv. Craving gone. :-)
Old 08-06-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

I've had a fairly good day. Except for the brain fog and shaking fingers. I think I'm slowly gettin' better. My urine color is getting lighter. I just hope I sleep good tonight.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Getting to the end of day one again. Or day four out of five, depending on how you want to view it I am craving but it's nothing I can't handle. I really don't want to drink. My body thinks it does, but that will fade with time.

Kudos to everyone here who has been staying the course so far. BBG I am glad to hear you are starting to feel better. I've been worried about you since your detox seems pretty rough. Hopefully things will start to feel more normal for you soon.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Good to see familiar people hangin in there. Day 4 winding down, definitely some ups and downs, a few close calls, but it's really good to be able to come here and blow off some steam. Weekend approaching, maybe I should throw a post in the weekenders thread. Let's keep it going
Old 08-06-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Day 4. My kids are at their dad's, so I'm alone. Typically, I'd buy wine tonight, so the craving is there. I think I'll need to keep close to SR tonight and the rest of the weekend. I'm cheering you all on...I love reading how you feel the craving and get through it.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

triggers

when my kids go to their dads I have the same feeling... go out and get wine!!