Notices

Class of August 2015

Old 08-05-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Calling it a day. Shopping for school clothes with my daughter tomorrow. It should be fun! I have dinner planned after that so I have something useful to do to stay busy. :-)

Hoping all of you get good rest tonight. Tomorrow is a new day!
Old 08-05-2015, 09:32 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
What is hydration exercise?
Ha! It's me not putting a comma between hydration and exercise.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:27 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Back after a long absence.

Hi everyone, I'm back after being off the wagon for some time now. Lately I've been finding it increasingly hard to cover up my behavior with work or my girlfriend. Everything seems alright on the surface but I've been getting this sense of impending doom. All the time going through the motions while feeling like something really, really bad is about to happen.

Currently sitting at work shivering and sweating with a swollen tongue and yellow pupils, psyching myself up to not going to the shop after work. Homer Simpson said that beer was the cause and solution to all his problems - how true! I think I've been caught up in that cycle for years now without realizing the problem until too late: Get home from work, stressed, jaded, bored and hungover - the quick solution: Alcohol! I need to get this out of my life, so far I've managed to keep it all together but I just have an uneasy feeling that it's not going to last. I made a good go at sobriety a few years ago and I found that talking with people on here was the single best way to maintain morale. I was sober for about 2 months and what a change! I was healthier, more focused and active. I could maintain relationships with friends and family with ease. What was I thinking in going back to drinking!!!? Perhaps I got complacent after a while, I also stopped using this site - what an idiot.

Anyway, I really want this time to stick. If anyone is in the same position and wants to talk about it, that'd be really helpful.

ps. sorry if this was a bit rambling, I find it hard to concentrate. Here's to the clarity of mind that we can look forward to!
Old 08-05-2015, 11:28 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Welcome George 88. Glad to see you back!
Glad to see you in august class as well, Troy. We can do this!

MeNewDay...thank you for sharing your story. As Lilly said, it is an inspiration to hear. I'm glad you have the support of your husband and your mother with no judgement. SR has been a great support for me in the past and I look forward to getting sober, one day at a time, with all of you xo.

Many are mentioning sleep issues. I have never slept well...with or without drinking. The drinking helped me fall asleep (or really simply pass out), but the I would wake up during the night in a panic about what I did, is my family mad? Who did I call? What find I say? ...on and on with anxiety and sweats. Right now it is 2:24am and I am wide awake. I'll take posting on SR with a cup of mint tea over panic and sweats any night!

Stay strong and sober all
Old 08-05-2015, 11:52 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Back after a long absence.

Hi everyone, I'm back after being off the wagon for some time now. Lately I've been finding it increasingly hard to cover up my behavior with work or my girlfriend. Everything seems alright on the surface but I've been getting this sense of impending doom. All the time going through the motions while feeling like something really, really bad is about to happen.

Currently sitting at work shivering and sweating with a swollen tongue and yellow pupils, psyching myself up to not going to the shop after work. Homer Simpson said that beer was the cause and solution to all his problems - how true! I think I've been caught up in that cycle for years now without realizing the problem until too late: Get home from work, stressed, jaded, bored and hungover - the quick solution: Alcohol! I need to get this out of my life, so far I've managed to keep it all together but I just have an uneasy feeling that it's not going to last. I made a good go at sobriety a few years ago and I found that talking with people on here was the single best way to maintain morale. I was sober for about 2 months and what a change! I was healthier, more focused and active. I could maintain relationships with friends and family with ease. What was I thinking in going back to drinking!!!? Perhaps I got complacent after a while, I also stopped using this site - what an idiot.

Anyway, I really want this time to stick. If anyone is in the same position and wants to talk about it, that'd be really helpful.

ps. sorry if this was a bit rambling, I find it hard to concentrate. Here's to the clarity of mind that we can look forward to!
Old 08-06-2015, 01:11 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Do your best

Popping in to wish everyone a good day
Old 08-06-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Once again my mouth is going dry at work and my anxiety is growing at the prospect of not drinking this evening after work. This is the part I am struggling with. I have a plan to get to the mall for some items and treat myself to maybe a manicure and some window shopping. I am invited to the movies early tomorrow as well. Now all I can think about is avoiding all those things and taking home alcohol by myself. It seems to be more important than taking care of my appearance...or socializing for breakfast and a movie. I stopped concentrating two hours ago. I am drinking a large bottle of water and herbal tea all day but I am in trouble here. Feeling threatened, compromised, exposed, weak, irritable. I don't know what to do.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Whew just got to work. Lost some sleep. Whew
Old 08-06-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Checking in real quick before work! Woke up with the urge to drink and I'm trying real hard to ride it out. I'm dreading tonight because friends are coming over and usually that means alcohol too. I really hope I can stay strong. I've been stressing on it since last night. Uuuugh why can't I just be normal?
Old 08-06-2015, 03:53 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Starting my day 3

Finally got a little sleep last night. 4 hours. That means I've only got 5 hours in the last 48. Maybe I'll get more tonight. I'm all brain foggy this morning.

I had an anxiety attack yesterday. Don't want any more of those!

Headed to the grocery store today to buy some healthy food. One of my big triggers is hunger!

Have a nice day classmates!
Old 08-06-2015, 04:06 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Soooo tired. Day 5. Weekend please.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

These first days are hell.!
Think we'd remember them,gah !!
Old 08-06-2015, 04:24 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Keep kicking it class of August 2015! Have a sober Thursday.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

I'm at day 3. Can anybody tell when shaky hands will go away? I could barely cut butter for toast this morning!

Also brain fog. I woke up with that bad this morning.

I know we're all individuals but just a guestimate please. Thanks.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Morning class! Thanks so much for the inspirational posts about dealing with relationships. AllieKat you are so right... I would never do anything stupid, be annoying and a pain to my husband when I'm sober. If he did leave me, it would be from something I did while drunk for sure. Day 6 here and feeling amazing. For those going through withdrawals, work through it. If it's bad, you have to go see a doctor, please. I've decided to tell my brain STOP anytime it has any thoughts about alcohol, not having it, what to do instead, etc etc. No more taking up time in my brain. If it's not about today and living my life forget it. I'm also being very resolute this time that I'm DONE with the crap that goes along with alcohol. Working on replacement hobbies as they are important. Oh and the mention in the posts about REMORSE... Evil thing. You know you need to quit when, when you do quit and then drink again you feel remorse. Somethings wrong when you feel so bad about yourself and just think about how easy it is to avoid that evil. That's the one thing that I'm done with. Okay going on and on but one more. We live in a society where a ton of money is made by people buying alcohol and then even the health care system. How many overdoses, accidents, health problems stem from alcohol. You'll notice when you watch TV going forward it is just one booze ad to the next and then shows where all people do is drink and do stupid stuff. Okay stay sober, breathe and concentrate only on telling yourself all day today how great you are! Because you are! And stay away from the evil stuff....
Old 08-06-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DariaM View Post
Soooo tired. Day 5. Weekend please.
Lol. I'd like to skip the weekend please if you don't mind. I don't think I would have any issues if there weren't weekends.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Me too Allie-
BBgone, I think I read that after 3 days your body will be able to absorb B vitamins and other minerals it just passes when you drink. I take B complex and some supplements, that I'm seeing if help me.
Detox stinks but it'll never come back if we don't drink again !
Old 08-06-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

beerbgone, everyone's body is different, but for me it's generally day 7 or 8 before I begin feeling physically better. And not just because the physical withdrawals have dissipated, but because the new sober me is emerging.

Hang in there, first while is always the toughest, because your body doesn't like you right now. Once you get through it though, your body will decide it likes sobriety too, and that's when you begin to see real benefits.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
I'm at day 3. Can anybody tell when shaky hands will go away? I could barely cut butter for toast this morning!

Also brain fog. I woke up with that bad this morning.

I know we're all individuals but just a guestimate please. Thanks.
For me, the shakiness and fog usually subsides after day 3 or 4. Taking a good multivitamin and b vitamin supplement helps as does eating LOTS of fruit and vegetables.

Last edited by TheMerryRecluse; 08-06-2015 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Left word out!
Old 08-06-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Me too Allie-
BBgone, I think I read that after 3 days your body will be able to absorb B vitamins and other minerals it just passes when you drink. I take B complex and some supplements, that I'm seeing if help me.
Detox stinks but it'll never come back if we don't drink again !
Thanks! I didn't know about the B vitamin thing. I didn't know just got passed when drinking either. Thanks for the info!