Notices

Class of August 2015

Old 08-07-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Good news BBG

Ugh, 3 hrs later, got a fever. Take it back - rather be hung over.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Quick check in...day 7 for me!!

Everyone sounds like they are doing ok...Keepposting and stay close to SR!

Weekend is tough but happy Friday
Old 08-07-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry for my continued absence guys - not feeling great at the moment but hope to be back soon

D
Old 08-07-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

I had a long reply written and then lost it. Hate when that happens.
Anyway day 7.
been sick all week with head cold and sinus. Got a juicer. Had a smoothie for breakfast then a healthy lunch and feel a lot better for it. Having thoughts like oh I have nothing to look forward to Anymore but ignoring them. No cravings even though tonight is my danger zone. So all good here. Hope everyone has a great Friday.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Hey classmates, I hope we all have another 24 hours of being sober!
Old 08-07-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
sorry for my continued absence guys - not feeling great at the moment but hope to be back soon

D
I missed ya' Dee. Sorry your feel bad hurts. Get better soon.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Morning all! I hope everyone is having a fantastic, no-hangover day! I also loved the post about hours of feeling good versus the whole day. Hoping for a full day of energy today, to get things done at work and have a nice, productive Friday. Wishing the same for everyone here.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Day 5 people!

Haven't made it this far since I started drinking again. On a road trip to a wedding this weekend and was anticipating some major cravings last night (we started driving yesterday) but it was ok. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the worst), my cravings were about a 1. Don't get me wrong, we pulled into the hotel and I saw the lovely bar and definitely felt a pang. Hotel bars are a trigger for me. But this detox has been so awful and every day I stay sober I feel so much better, so the thought of going back to Day 1 just doesn't have any appeal right now.

My eyes are clearer. My skin feels less rubbery. There's less bloat in my face. Feeling more articulate and clear headed. In short, feeling more like myself.

Yay Day 5!
Old 08-07-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

I caved last night and so am back to day 0. Glad to hear though how so many of you are getting through detox and starting to feel better...that is very refreshing to read
Old 08-07-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Swift, stay close and keep posting. You don't have to stay with the drink. It is possible to dust yourself off and get right back here. We're still here for you.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Hi Swift, What happened?
Old 08-07-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Arrrhhhhhh!!! Day four and I'm ready to explode - sorry I have.........

Oh my gosh my head is banging, come home from work to the usual rows between the children, husband zoned out watching the cricket, the dog dragging mud through the house after I mopped the floor.

Very much a typical day in our household only difference is I'm sober!!

after continuous bickering I hear my 12 yrd old son screamed "she kicked me" 9 yrd old daughter screamed "No I never" Well I went a little crazy and shouted at the children they shouted back and I shouted louder. I shouted at my husband for singing in the shower while the middle of all this going on and the dog ran away to his bed.

Someone please tell me it gets easier!?
Old 08-07-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

My kids and my wife are all still crazy and so am I applejack, but I do think it gets better. Someone posted recently that without alcohol we learn to deal with the world we've been medicating ourselves from w booze. I know I have.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Do your best

Popping in to wish everyone a good sober weekend
Old 08-07-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

I can't believe I am on day 6 !! Didn't think I'd get through day 1 how is everyone today ? I wish you all well on your journey 😊
Try to stay strong .... It does get better x
Old 08-07-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

One morning I woke up looked in the mirror and thought what have I become .. I then stopped drinking for 2 years ( I got more done in these two years than I had all my life ) but sadly I started to drink again for a year and I basically looked in the mirror 6 days ago and realised I had turn into that same person. Today iv had some cravings but I kept myself busy ... I want to be who I was a year ago have that clear mind and conscience that brave woman who was ready to conquer the world he he he and anytime I want a drink I think of my worst days when I begged myself to stop and couldn't I can't go back now I know I can do this and you can too
Old 08-07-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Just dropping in to read a few posts and to wish everyone a healthy weekend!
Jonathan
Old 08-07-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Brilliantly said onmyjourney. Back in the day, I was always known as the guy who took care of things, got things accomplished, the guy people looked up to. Now I just tend to get pity and/or anger, while personally struggling to keep my head above water.

I'm doing good this time around though, and think I've learned how to slap my mind when the AV pops in for a visit. "No! You can't drink! You know god damn well what happens if you do! So go find something to do.".
Old 08-07-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
Arrrhhhhhh!!! Day four and I'm ready to explode - sorry I have.........

Oh my gosh my head is banging, come home from work to the usual rows between the children, husband zoned out watching the cricket, the dog dragging mud through the house after I mopped the floor.

Very much a typical day in our household only difference is I'm sober!!

after continuous bickering I hear my 12 yrd old son screamed "she kicked me" 9 yrd old daughter screamed "No I never" Well I went a little crazy and shouted at the children they shouted back and I shouted louder. I shouted at my husband for singing in the shower while the middle of all this going on and the dog ran away to his bed.

Someone please tell me it gets easier!?
Applejack, my kids can drive me nuts too. The bickering, nagging, whining!! They can be a trigger for me. I Have started just leaving the room and taking some deep breaths or going outside when I feel overwhelmed. I am no longer going to let their behavior fuel wine consumption because it was so bad mentally and physically for me. Hang in there!! Kids are great but they can be a huge pain at times too!!
Old 08-07-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Happy Friday!! I am having a rather anxious day. Maybe it's all the weekend obligations with my family, I'm not sure. I won't drink though. Let's all get through this weekend sober!! My emotions are still all over the place. At least I am feeling them though and attempting to work through them rather than self medicate with alcohol. I really need to start eating healthier also. Sugar and caffeine have become a daily vice at the moment! One thing at a time I guess! Will be going out to dinner tonight. When I was drinking I would often skip dinner or not be present enough to enjoy what I was eating! Not so today!!
Lilly