Notices

Class of August 2015

Old 08-07-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

You guys are doing great. Have a good weekend!

Really enjoying reading all your posts. Cheering you all on from the Class of July
Old 08-07-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Off to AA in about 2 hours. Meeting beforehand with a guy who's been sober over 25 years. And he goes to 3 or 4 meetings a week. Wife, family, job and he still goes and sponsors people. I'm pretty amazed. Day 5. I need to keep reminding myself I'm an alcoholic and I cannot drink anything with alcohol in it
Old 08-07-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Ugh! Friday...cravings are kicking in.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

I'm feeling it too Alliekat. My mind is starting to work on me. I thought I better come here and say something before it gets out of hand..

Besides, my last drinking episode is still pretty fresh in my mind. I've come too far in the past 5 days to go back to that. It would be like shooting myself in the foot, something I've done in the past.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Go to a meeting. Or just go and sit in the parking lot. Better than drinking. All I'm thinking about are these meetings. I'm pretty anxious. Really nervous... What if I have to speak.... Not many words of wisdom here... But last one was pretty good. Better than drinking
Old 08-07-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

It's been a slow day at work and I still have almost an hour left before I can leave. Cravings already kicking in-- I wish I could look forward to an easy night but I think not. I need to remind myself that I no longer want to do this damage to myself. I don't enjoy it anymore and it is killing me. I'm going to go home, make some lemonade, read a book and stay close to SR tonight.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

I'm feeling the same, Alliekat and Rio. I'm really trying to remember how I felt last Monday morning.

One issue for me is that I don't allow myself to relax much except for when I'm drinking....without alcohol in my system, the voice in my head is always telling me I should be doing something productive. I need to learn to allow myself to just be a little lazy.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

My day 4 was fairly good because I got some good sleep last night. Hopefully I'll sleep good tonight and day 5 will be even better.

Have a nice weekend everybody!
Old 08-07-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope everyone has a great and sober weekend - we can do this

D
Old 08-07-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Hi, haven't had a chance to check in at all yet today. Day 3, and I'm so tired I don't even want to stay up and drink tonight. So I guess that's a good thing for now.

Have a great Friday night! Stay safe and stay strong.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Hmmm... did I mention cravings are bad tonight? Came home and all I want to do is lie here in bed in the fetal position. Yeah, great way to spend a Friday night but I guess it's better than drinking.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  
Administrator

do you guys know about this link? some great tips for cravings:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

D
Old 08-07-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Retread1959 View Post
Hmmm... did I mention cravings are bad tonight? Came home and all I want to do is lie here in bed in the fetal position. Yeah, great way to spend a Friday night but I guess it's better than drinking.
Sorry to hear that. If your just in the first few days of detox and if that's what it takes to keep you sober so be it.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Hi all,
I don't seem to be going through any significant withdrawal other than the battle with the voice that keeps suggesting that I drink. That being said, I don't seem to have a great evening strategy other than going home and falling asleep as fast as possible. I don't seem capable of drinking while sleeping which is good. I'm sure my wife finds all of this so very romantic but it will hopefully pass in a couple of days. Round one in June I slept a week it feels like and then swung out of it.
Just sharing and wishing you all a great weekend.
Off to bed...
Jonathan
Old 08-07-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Day 17 coming to an end.. made it but today was one of the most difficult so far for some reason. Not a friday/wkend thing with me.. rather a mental thing i think. A few have touched on it... besides the battle to quit, there is the battle to live in this new sober reality called "your life without alcohol".
Best way to describe for me is, waking up from sleeping, looking around and not happy with what you see and wanting to go back to sleep, with sleep representing drinking. aka self medicate ...craving for the letting go and making the unpleasantness go away.
But I stayed "awake" and sober, - a little woe is me self pity, a little anger at the world, a little just plain cranky & not "happy" but i am still here & present. need to do a grateful inventory of my life, not tonight tho...
hope everyone is ok ...keep in touch if weekends are a trigger...you are all amazing & I do appreciate you & your posts for helping me thru this.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Detox is difficult this time, for some reason. I've never had such physical withdrawal symptoms before, and I guess it's the kindling effect. One more reason to let this be the last time I quit.

It's easing up a bit tonight, but I'm still not feeling like doing much beyond just sitting here and letting the evening pass. Evenings are the worst. I know I'll get past this soon. No drinking.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

I'm hangin in there too retread. Just buying some time till I can go to sleep. First Friday night

Before we know it, it'll be tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:53 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Hang in there, guys! Weekends are tough with cravings but they are so much better sober. You got this!
Old 08-08-2015, 12:22 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Lynbee - I can really relate to you saying you feel you must make every minute of every day productive. Then you self-medicate so that you can slow down and relax. That's my take on what you are saying anyway. That's what I do too. So does my husband. It's so frustrating! I'm trying to learn to live in the moment. There's always so much to do though. It's hard to shut it off. Someone mentioned an app called Calm so I downloaded it and am trying it. Anyway, I always thought this not being able to shut it off was my biggest trigger. Just gotta learn how to tame it!

Olivia
Old 08-08-2015, 12:32 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Thankfully I made it through Friday night with only the early urge to drink. We all went to sleep having made our peace and I'm hoping I am not so cranky today.

I read a few of you were struggling last night and I hope to read through the day your report on how you survived to clock up another sober day today.

It's day 5 for me and although I am not feeling amazing I feel a little better than hung-over.