Notices

Class of August 2015

Old 08-06-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

stayed straight

out at a bar tonight didn't drink. had club soda was hard but proud of myself!!
Old 08-06-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Soooo no company tonight, but a lame fight with the bf made me want some whiskey really badly. He was just being moody and taking it out on me and I'm not equipped to deal with it at all. I really really really want a drink.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Stay Strong Merry!
Old 08-06-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Welcome Everyone, from a member of the August 2009 Sobriety Group.

Hang with this class and post often, it helped me. I've got over 5 years of sobriety now, in part thanks to the "friends" I made online.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheMerryRecluse View Post
Soooo no company tonight, but a lame fight with the bf made me want some whiskey really badly. He was just being moody and taking it out on me and I'm not equipped to deal with it at all. I really really really want a drink.
No drinking! It's good you came here first, that's what I should have done yesterday. We need to have each others' backs here and you know we have yours. You are strong. You can survive these cravings.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Thank you Retread and Allie! I'm doing my best. I got rid of the last of my hidden stash the other day so I'll be okay if I can get through the next hour or so. I'm just such a non-confrontational person and the mood swings make me want to retreat. I'm trying to remind myself that I *just* went through the shakes/hearing and seeing things phase a couple of days ago. I don't want to break down and do that again.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

No, you don't, and you don't want to keep doing all that damage to your body anymore. Cravings will pass and you will be so happy that you made it through!
Old 08-06-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

wow, reading today's posts - welcome & great job everyone!
milestone for me.. tonight ran next door to visit with my neighbor & very good friend - we have drank alot of wine together, in fact fell drunk against her iron patio furntiture in April and almost broke my nose.. anyway,, went to visit & she had a glass of wine, offered me one and I said no thanks, have some water? WHOOPPEE! When she called and asked me to come over, I did say to myself & hubby, don't worry, no wine. - made conscious decision before I stepped out the door & I know that helped.. didn't even bother me tho which was wierd - thought it would.. .. I can do this ,,,. very jazzed as you can tell!! good night everybody - for those that are dreading the weekend, hang in there and stay in touch with SR & remember what is important long term for you & your loved ones if tempted.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

I'm here. I'm almost at one month. It's been thirty days, yesterday. Yesterday, four weeks ago, I was admitted to the hospital. Haven't had a drink since.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

That's fantastic MeNewDay! I haven't yet had the opportunity to decline an offered drink (only on day 4), but I'm going to think of this when it happens.

Good for you, notgonnastoptry!
Old 08-06-2015, 08:56 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Congrats notgonna, you've come a long way.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

The only ppl who know I am trying to stay clean are my husband, kids, Mom, and brother in law. My mom in law and dad in law back visiting from Fl. Asked if I wanted a beer. My insides were screaming YYEESSSSSS I DDOOO! My brain thought up a sentence and out of my mouth popped "no I don't drink anymore". I know, right? Shocked even myself. Then mom in law says "oh, good for you. Well, I still drink." Awkward to say the least. Thank you God for helping me have some kind of control in my life!
Old 08-07-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a lovely sober friday everyone
Old 08-07-2015, 03:04 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Day 1 - Redux

I'm back. Made it to day 16 back in May and thought I'd be able to start having casual drinks with friends again. I went immediately back to daily drinking. Not binge - never drunk - but daily 2-4 drinks. I wake up at 2am every night hating myself and scared at the toll the constant drinking is taking on me. My father is an alcoholic - he's staying with me this weekend. I usually drink twice as much when he is around. Not this time. My family doesn't think I drink too much - they think I'm over reacting and responding to fears I'll turn into my Dad. I remember how incredibly hard it was for me to cut alcohol out of my life - even for 2 weeks. I know how strong the urge to drink is going to be at 5pm tomorrow (my witching hour). I know the glasses of wine are running the show right now - and I need to take control fully back. So... here I am, ready to pull strength and inspiration from people who understand. My goal is to go 30 days completely alcohol free. I can't imagine 'never drinking again' - and don't really want to feel like a failure if I have the occasional glass now and again after this 30 day reboot. I just want to feel like I am the one in control. The fact I can't just easily stop, even for a single day, is why I'm here.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:15 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Good morning! Day 7 here and so excited to be free of that pain in the butt drinking mess. I just have this feeling that this is it, last time quitting. I used to be addicted to cigarettes when I was in high school and beginning of college, then quit cold turkey. Then was addicted to pot in college, then quit. Now at middle age - I know I have to quit drinking. This time all the questions and concerns are absent.... The deal is done, the game is over.

Love reading everyone's posts. The one about hours of feeling good vs the whole day was fantastic!

Keep up the good work and keep telling yourself to just STOP thinking about it - it gives it power. Try to think of other things to think of. Read a book, watch a show, play music loud wearing headphones, etc
Old 08-07-2015, 03:22 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Day 5 here. Making some morning coffee. Glad to make it thru another night.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:39 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Day 5
sick this morning. Sinuses and ears. Gonna have to leave work later and goto doc.
Feel terrible but laughing to myself. Being sick is not as bad as hung over! Lol
Old 08-07-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Not gonna ,
Congrats on 30 days !!!
Old 08-07-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates.

I'm starting my day 4 and I'm so happy to report that I got a good nights sleep last night. I think it's what my body needed too. No shakes this morning. I do still have a little brain fog but I feel soooo much better. Thanks SR and this class!
Old 08-07-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Good morning and happy Friday! Sounds like you all are hanging in there nicely. :-)