Notices

Class of August 2015

Old 08-04-2015, 11:46 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by benice View Post
I have a sober app on my phone. I reset it for today. It said, "Everyone falls off their horse from time to time, but only the strong get back on." I see some very strong folks around here who don't fall, but I'm going to go with it and try to convince myself I'm strong enough to do this. Hello August 1. Hello Class of August 2015.
What is the app? I have one I use too. It's from Hazeldon and it's called "Field Guide To Life" and it takes you through your first year. It's what got me through 15 months sober before, but when the year was over I should have reset it to start over. Instead I deleted it. On Sunday I relapsed and now I just re downloaded it to get myself back on the right path.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:12 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

I have the same app as benice. It's just called "I Am Sober." It's a very simple app with not much to it, but it keeps track. I have liked it so far. I go to it often in the day just to be able to see my Day and milestones.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:16 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whiteturtle View Post
I have the same app as benice. It's just called "I Am Sober." It's a very simple app with not much to it, but it keeps track. I have liked it so far. I go to it often in the day just to be able to see my Day and milestones.
And this app is available on both Android and iOS, FYI.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:55 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great day everyone
Old 08-05-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Woke up early to day 3 after a few hours sleep. But I'll take tired and not hungover any day. I think I'm gonna get up and put on some coffee.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:24 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Good morning class.

After a terrible, terrible day 1 I'm moving into day2. I didn't sleep even an hour last night. I ate most nothing yesterday and still don't feel like I want anything this morning. I did make pot of coffee though. Maybe I'll try a couple scrambled eggs later.

Have a nice day!
Old 08-05-2015, 03:58 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Good morning all,
I was away yesterday. We had a very bad thunderstorm and lost power for about 20 hours. No connectins anywhere. Just checking in and trying to catch upwith posts.

Shoutout to all and have a sober day !!
Old 08-05-2015, 04:07 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Good morning, day 4!
Old 08-05-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Here's to a clear, calm, productive and predictable day to you all! I'm on Day 5. Haven't been around cause I'm so busy but tried to read through everyone's posts. I'll try to check in daily or else I won't be able to follow/connect. Yep, first try was Dec 2010 - Geeze almost 5 years ago. Looks like I tried last year too. I'm feeling really confident this time and I know some of it is because my husband is doing it with me - he's not quitting though - so I need to plan for when that happens. That will be the hurdle that makes me second guess myself because my main excuse in my brain not to quit - other than I can handle it now that I quit for a while - is that I'll loose him. It's a stupid fear as we've been together for 15 years and are still in love with each other and best friends. But that's it. That's the reason I drank again last time and I have get beyond it. I drink too much and sometimes don't stop. It's getting in the way of my goals and making me frustrated and unhappy with myself all the time - sucking up wasted time in my brain that I'd like to have free for other things. K, sorry for going on and on. Have a great day and look around to notice the differences in your life being sober today!
Old 08-05-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Also Gatorade or Pedialyte. They replenish electrolytes. I finally got some Gatorade yesterday and felt better quickly. Stock up if you can. As soon as you can eat something, do that too. Also V8 or a multivitamin, if you can get some. Hang strong, it gets better.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rio97 View Post
Also Gatorade or Pedialyte. They replenish electrolytes. I finally got some Gatorade yesterday and felt better quickly. Stock up if you can. As soon as you can eat something, do that too. Also V8 or a multivitamin, if you can get some. Hang strong, it gets better.
Good adice Rio. Thanks bunches. I don't have any of those things on hand right now but as soon as I feel able to leave this apartment I'll pick some up.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

BB, hoping today is a bit better for you !
I'm thinking about trying out that field guide app. Gotta get my wife to check her account before paying the 8$ ( kinda poor). All the $ I drank away in 15 yrs, would probably give me retirement immediately! Lol
Another hot day out here . Whew !
Old 08-05-2015, 05:05 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
BB, hoping today is a bit better for you !
Thanks! I appreciate it!
Old 08-05-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Bookmaven, thanks for the app info! I will download it today. I welcome all the help!

JL, the I Am Sober app is free and it also keeps track of the money you save by not drinking.

Have a great day all!
Old 08-05-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

I remember the sleepless nights, night sweats, feeling like I was a total airhead forgetting really simple stuff during early sobriety. It takes some people longer than others to get better. I think mine lasted a lot longer than I'd expected it to. I was also quitting a long time marijuana addiction as well as alcohol. But hang in there! It will get better.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Good morning all!! Those of you getting further along in those first days, just remember the physical part will keep getting better and none of us need to feel that way again if we stick to our goal. I have a lot of mental side stuff going on now, but will not drink!!! I Would drink away the mental stuff previously and now it's right in front of me! I could go on about all the problems alcohol has caused but that is a story for another day!! My husband is not intending to quit, but he does not have the issue I have so him having a couple beers at social stuff is fine with me. Shame I can't, but I know myself and I can't!!😀. Determined to eat healthier today. Chocolate at midnight after ice cream in the afternoon is never a good idea😂! Happy Wednesday!
Lilly
Old 08-05-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DariaM View Post
Good morning, day 4!
Ditto. Going to be a great day, too!
Old 08-05-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Good morning class.

After a terrible, terrible day 1 I'm moving into day2. I didn't sleep even an hour last night. I ate most nothing yesterday and still don't feel like I want anything this morning. I did make pot of coffee though. Maybe I'll try a couple scrambled eggs later.

Have a nice day!
Good morning! It sounds like your detox is pretty rough. Please be careful and get to a doctor if things get really bad over the next few days. Some of us can do this with minimal help but some of us need more. Depends on the individual. I hope day 2 is much better for you and that you can find your appetite.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope everybodys wednsday afternoon is going well
Old 08-05-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

Day 30 for me. I slept like a baby last night.

Wishing everybody sober day.