Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 19

Old 08-15-2015, 12:15 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Morning guys

Hoping everyone is doing well

Rah, you are doing great! What plans do you have for the weekend. Hopefully some down time! I say go ahead and see the doctor for the anxiety, I did and they helped me a lot.

Good work determined! Camping is so much more fun when you can enjoy the surroundings and not wake up with that pounding head and dry mouth and do the long trek to the bathroom block to collect water. Enjoy today hangover free!

I am heading off to AA this morning with my takeout Starbucks :-)
Old 08-15-2015, 12:57 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Hey Guys,
Great to read all your posts as usual. It's been great to see some oldies popping in to say how they've been going.
I am a year sober today. Yay.
I remember last year when I was freaking out about what to do with my time/ life without alcohol and someone who had some sober time up said they had so much they wanted to do now they couldn't fit it all in and that has definitely been my experience.
Have a great weekend guys.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:08 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations restlessanon

D
Old 08-15-2015, 04:24 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Congratulations restless! Amazing! You must feel fantastic today! So proud of you xxxx
Old 08-15-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday!

Congrats restless!

Thanks London! You are right on with that, the morning is so worth it!!
Old 08-15-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Fantastic Restless! Congratulations!

My trainig schedule calls for one weekend day of 10 miles and another weekend day of 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24 in consecutive weeks. The long runs don't come until late September.

I was getting intimidated looking at the 'moderate' approach so I choose to do 18 last weekend and 20 this mornng. I needed to mentally know I could hit some high numbers before (maybe!) dialing it back a bit.

Keep up the great work Team!
Old 08-15-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Hey guys.

Today I am grateful for

Good friends,
Strawberry ice cream,
Sunshine
Americano
A greenfinch at my bird table this afternoon, so lovely to see
Freshly changed bed sheets
Postsecret
Cuddles
Another successful sober Saturday

Hope you guys have had a lovely day.

Slight hiccup. Today I got an invitation to 'the party of the year'. 100 invites have gone out, I got the final invite. The party has been arranged by the friend who I told I stopped drinking for the year for a bet, the friend who has stopped anyone coming near me with a drink for the last year to win said bet. The party has been arranged in honor of me, to celebrate my year bet with the biggest of alcohol fuelled blow outs. Venue hired, dj booked. Hmm mm. Did NOT see that one coming. Have been in hiding today. I honestly do not know what to do, or how to respond. Obviously I'm touched. Obviously it will be a disaster . Bugger. Help!
Old 08-15-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Thank god it wasn't a surprise party. Can you imagine?
Old 08-15-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

A couple of thoughts come to mind Pink.

1. Be totally transparent with your friend. Explain why it was important for you to use the "bet" angle, and tell her how much you valued her support of your changes by helping to keep alcohol away, how touched you are by the party, and ask for your help going forward.

2. Take the "I feel so much better, haven't missed it a bit, I'm going to keep this up" angle. Again thank her for the support, tell her how touched you are by the party, and ask if you can count on her running interference in the future.

3. Tell her you just accepted a 50 year bet. . .

I like the way you labeled this a "slight hiccup" . This team has a plethora of bright folks and together we'll find a solution that meets your needs!
Old 08-15-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Dry and Restless, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Great job! Be sure to celebrate with chocolate.

Rah, I agree that the best thing is to go to the doctor and tell him/her exactly how you feel.

Grateful, there must be some clinics nearby - does your school have one? I used to work with two attorneys that had their MDs, and the rest of us frequently asked them medical questions.

Pink, I think you should let it be known NOW, before the party, that you would like it to be your first anniversary party; that you have accomplished so much and felt so great that you have decided you prefer a non-drinking life.

1Step, I am very happy to read your last posts; you sound so much more upbeat than a few months ago. Great job!

Determined, I think certain things will bring that (*&^% av around - like the coolers! But, at this point, we have come to far to slip.

Choobie, have fun!

Restless, I agree - I think we are doing much more now that our lives aren't centered around the drinking, hiding the drinking, etc.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 08-15-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Thanks ultra and scooter. I love the ' I just took a 50 year bet...!'

I know I have to act on this soon. I will spend tomorrow deciding my response, I really appreciate your input.

Ultra I have to think of this as a slight hiccup. It's not the disaster I could make it out to be. It's awkward, difficult and unpleasant, but it's not a disaster, and I know I can deal with this, I just need to take time to ensure I react right. I hope Maybe that shows me how I've grown, and definitely my buddhism has helped me put perspective on things that need perspective. That's a good thing I think? This cannot be what beats me after all this time. Slight hiccup!
Old 08-15-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's a tough one Pink but your recovery needs to be paramount.

As far as anyone needs to know you've decided not to return to drinking...if you want to explain more to your mate, thats up to you.

Even tho you're nominally the guest of honour, I'm not sure I'd be breaking my neck to get to this thing....I no longer think disappointing a few people is the worst thing in the world, y'know?

D
Old 08-15-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Dee I totally agree. Just chatting it through with my better half. We might book a last minute weekend away so I can say, '
sorry guys, it's too short notice, I already have plans, but you guys have a ball,'
and then when I'm ready, I can tell them. I don't want to be local when that party is happening. I'm not into parties like the now anyhow. I'd rather have a spa day!
Old 08-15-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know what you mean

D
Old 08-15-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Pink

Go for the weekend away option. Far more fun to spend the weekend with your OH and relax. I can't imagine the pressure of that event....aargh.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Congrats Restless!! Another top drawer one year!! Woo-hoo
Old 08-15-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Scanning last minute.com at the moment! X Thanks guys! X
Old 08-15-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Pink my thought is be direct and honest. No flinching, straight truth. Go from there, next steps will be natural and fall into place as they should be. You are a new person now. Be her.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Thanks determined! Xxx
Old 08-15-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

You got this my friend. Head ten feet high and smiling!