Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 19

Old 08-13-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Good morning!

CONGRATULATIONS, Chris! Great Job!!!!

Pink, could you pm me the chickpea recipe? It sounds delicious.

London, the running will definitely counteract the eating.

Rah, seeing your doctor and explaining everything will help you. You might need something - I was on generic Zoloft for three months during the past year when I was dealing with my brother's constant phone calls. Thankfully he has either adjusted or now talks to others - I only get cute pictures and upbeat texts - Thank God. I doubt the wife has changed.

Ultra, your friend is lucky to have you - we now know we cannot moderate, but think how many times we thought we could!

Hello to everyone else.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Congratulations Chris- Fantastic Journey!
Old 08-13-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Pink - thanks for making me smile - your baking while dancing day sounds amazing! You should have your own baking show-would be so much fun to watch and what you are making sounds so delish! Are you making that all in one day? Enjoy! Xx

Rah - i understand needing the quiet time. Could you and your husband take turns giving each other an hour of 'me' time? As determined said, you will miss her soon. I was incredibly lonely when my kids were away this summer. I had too much quiet time - we all need balance. You are doing great! Take it easy when you can . Xx

London - you are doing fab with not smoking. Forgive yourself and move on - i am sure he deserved it but as you said keep good vibes going.

I am not doing so well. I still have an attitude of gratitude but been feeling very down. Im duck diving constantly-i have always suffered from depression, even way before drinking, i may need an antidepressant. Also do not currently have health insurance. I have great professional opportunities which is wonderful but i feel so empty. My life is all work and no play. Looking into taking some dance classes - was my passion before these last few years took their toll. Anyway Im okay and definitely do not want to drink. Thanks for listening.

Hugs.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Grateful, the dance classes are a great idea, especially if it's a passion of yours. Lose yourself in the music and let your body do the talking, dancing is great therapy and very cleansing, hope you feel happy soon, please know that we are here to listen. Pills aren't a bad idea either, sometimes our brains need the chemicals re balancing, and the meds do that. You deserve be happy xxx

I have stopped baking now, I have thoroughly enjoyed myself! I made strawberry macaroons, rose and vanilla macaroons, chocolate brownies, chickpea dhal loaf, banana flapjack, a cottage pie, and a turkey meatball pasta bake for tea tonight. Yummy! I am a state, my hair is full, of icing sugar, my jeans covered in cocoa, and the kitchen looks like a bombsite! I am going to shower, watch a movie, and then heat the pasta bake for dinner.

Love to all xx
Old 08-13-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Grateful I can completely relate...I feel like all I do is work and watch tv. I've been trying to add in new things on the weekend but during the week I come home put my pjs on and plant myself on the couch.,Sometimes I feel so exhausted I find myself trying to rest. Maybe I'm just getting old. My favorite place is laying in my bed. It's so comfy. I love it early in the morning before everyone else wakes up. Quiet, peaceful comfortable. Day 19!!
Old 08-13-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

I hope it works for the person!
I damn well tried to moderate for 10 yrs, and it just didn't work despite my love of beer telling me if I didn't the love would be over for good!

Well tomorrow is 1 yr since having a beer with alcohol in it (ie not from a grocery store in Canada hhaha)

I am stoked, and wish everyone well, thanks for the support this past yr, you guys are amazing people with a lot of caring to give, keep helping everyone, we are stronger as a group!!

all the best
dry
ps -I smell a bbq celebration!!!

Originally Posted by Ultramarathoner View Post
Sounds like all are doing well!

The individual I was messaging decided to try to moderate his alcohol consumption despite past failures. I could identify with everything about his situation, shared my story and experience, and gave them many questions to help him identify how his life could be changed by going alcohol free.

In the end his fear of living alcohol free held him back.

I don't take any of this personally, and gosh knows fear of the unknown/fully committing certainly held me back in the past so I don't see myself as "Captain Sober"! And through our messages, I'm confident that when/if they are ready- they can do this.

Anyway, whether you are around the year mark or valiantly giving this another go- take stock of your courage today. You decided to take action- and Action Creates Traction!
Old 08-13-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

awesome job, so proud of you !!!

Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Just checking in with the Team who got me to 1 year. Today is my 1 year date and I owe it to you guys and gals !!

Even though I don't post much lately, I truly think of you numerous times per week in my sober journey!

I love you all ! Tonight I am bringing a big box of chocolates to my weekly sober meeting (non-AA) and we are going to celebrate !!

Hugs to you all and congratualtions to choosing sobriety over the hell that is the poison we used to ingest!
-Chris
Old 08-13-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

cool hair pink!!!

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
Grateful, the dance classes are a great idea, especially if it's a passion of yours. Lose yourself in the music and let your body do the talking, dancing is great therapy and very cleansing, hope you feel happy soon, please know that we are here to listen. Pills aren't a bad idea either, sometimes our brains need the chemicals re balancing, and the meds do that. You deserve be happy xxx

I have stopped baking now, I have thoroughly enjoyed myself! I made strawberry macaroons, rose and vanilla macaroons, chocolate brownies, chickpea dhal loaf, banana flapjack, a cottage pie, and a turkey meatball pasta bake for tea tonight. Yummy! I am a state, my hair is full, of icing sugar, my jeans covered in cocoa, and the kitchen looks like a bombsite! I am going to shower, watch a movie, and then heat the pasta bake for dinner.

Love to all xx
Old 08-13-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Here! Present and Sober!

Sorry I've missed a few days-they flew by while I was sick and simultaneously finishing two weeks of homework so I could go on a short family vacation. Leaving tonight!

I'll catch up on posts when I return-
Pink-love your hair (and you are gorgeous inside and out!)

Grateful-I'm often in the same boat. I feel like I have to constantly work on being contented and happy. Dance classes are a great idea! You'll feel the benefits inside and out-very rewarding and lots of fun!

Congrats, Chris!! Wooooohooooo!

Love you all!!!
Old 08-14-2015, 12:37 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Congrats on one year today dry!! That's great stuff!

I am on my way to work and it's been a tough week but it's Friday, woo-hoo! And I also have a long weekend with no work on Monday. I plan to relax mixed with some lunches and relaxing.

Pink that baking sounds so much fun! I love cooking dinner each night now from scratch, no ready meals or takeouts. I used to just eat pasties and chocolate way back, when I could be bothered to at that is.

Great to see you Choobie - enjoy your trip!

I made peace with the guy at work so today I am looking forward to a relaxing day as I also worked hard to get the deadlines done nice and early this week

Keep fighting the good fight everyone!
Old 08-14-2015, 03:38 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Dry, 1 year! Woooooooooohooooooooo! Congratulations! Enjoy your day! Such fabulous stuff! Xxx

London glad you got through work ok! Weekend is nearly here! I love cooking now, it's funny, this time last year i was drunk the whole month, the amount I have done this month in comparison is awesome! I would take annual leave days for drinking and hangovers, but I took one to spend the day baking, that is amazing progress!

Choobie have a wonderful vacation, glad you checked in! Now time for you to relax and enjoy your time away!

I am on leave again today and am being a little more lazy! I am wearing my pyjamas watching jaws, eating strawberries, plums and yoghut. Any minute now I will get dressed, nip to the garden cenre and grab some flowers to plant in my borders. My better half ate most of the macaroons last night so I might make another batch of orange and lemon Ones!

Hope everyone is well. 1 step, check in dude!
Old 08-14-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Hi all, thanks for the mention Pink! Enjoy Jaws and the gardening!

Weathers gloomy up here today, but Wednesday was fantastic, beaches crammed with people on deck chairs and donkey rides- think a lot more people are choosing UK holidays this year which is good for the local economy- (I'm sounding like a travel rep here!).

Went through with the decision I have made to alter my recovery within AA and that meant telling my sponsor that I needed a fresh start, I felt so awkward but knew it was for the best long term, bought us both a coffee, thanked him for all his help and agreed to stay friends.

The strangest thing happened just as I told him- the stalker woman appeared across the road from us!! It shook me and I made an excuse to get away and go to the coffee shop, as we had the coffee she walked past the window, felt like she had followed us but hoping it was just a coincidence. I didn't hang around too long to find out!

Took my eldest to the cinema yesterday, my youngest wanted to stay home with her mum, really enjoyed the movie, it was 'Inside Out' a kids film but one that easily applied to adults, it was basically about an 11yr old girls emotions in her head- joy, sadness, anger, fear and disgust and each of them battling for control of how she feels. Could easily apply to life in recovery! Had a good one to one with my daughter and went well.

Still going to a lot of AA meetings and have a city one planned for tonight...

And a huge congratulations to Chris and Dry on one years sobriety!!!!
Old 08-14-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Congratulations Dry! Enjoy your celebration.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Happy Friday!

Great work dry!!! Aaa yeah!

Got to get rolling, will give a better post later!

Love you kids!
Old 08-14-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations thedryoutdrsmn

D
Old 08-14-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Hey all

Had a great work day after a rough week. All is good. I am happily having a sofa evening and loving relaxing. That's so great as a year ago I was clinbing the walls and wondering what the hell I was going to do with my life.

Wishing everyone a peaceful Friday evening too :-)
Old 08-14-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

London your evening sounds perfect! Love a relaxing Friday night, I have been doing exactly the same. Lovely! Xx
Old 08-14-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Ok camping is tough for some reason! Coolers everywhere!! Ghost save! Uhhhgg! I got this though. In it to win it. Glad I have you guys!
Old 08-14-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Very stressful day today...AV was talking. Made it through. I'm making an appt with my dr. I think I need something to help with anxiety. Hope u are well!!
Old 08-14-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Hang tough rah, I feel the AV today too. In bed now, all is well. If you make it through to the night, just seeing others after they have been drinking all afternoon takes the attraction away quickly.