Class of August 2014 Part 19

Old 08-10-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats again on 50 1step

D
Old 08-10-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Day 16!! Doing well!! Keep it up Hobbers!!
Old 08-10-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Hey guys

The "no nicotine insomnia" has kicked in so I am awake at silly o'clock. Had this on a previous cigs quit so will just battle on through. Having a read of SR to keep me occupied, so a quick hello post.

1 step congrats on 50 - that's fantastic and it sounds like you had a great weekend with the girls. Those sobriety gifts will keep on coming :-)

I will do my usual check in later, hoping I drift off to sleep again!
Old 08-11-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday kids!

Running late today, uhh!

Great work one step, rah and hobbers, eye one the prize!

"Courage it to never let your actions be influenced by your fears."

Fun today!
Old 08-11-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Sounds like all are doing well!

The individual I was messaging decided to try to moderate his alcohol consumption despite past failures. I could identify with everything about his situation, shared my story and experience, and gave them many questions to help him identify how his life could be changed by going alcohol free.

In the end his fear of living alcohol free held him back.

I don't take any of this personally, and gosh knows fear of the unknown/fully committing certainly held me back in the past so I don't see myself as "Captain Sober"! And through our messages, I'm confident that when/if they are ready- they can do this.

Anyway, whether you are around the year mark or valiantly giving this another go- take stock of your courage today. You decided to take action- and Action Creates Traction!
Old 08-11-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

happy Tuesday folks!!
no news here, but we have the most beautiful sky this evening, the sky is lit up with hughes of blues, pinks and purples, simply gorgeous!
Enjoying spying it though the balcony doors as I sit here :-)
hope you are all well, thinking of you and sending love and hugs to those who needs it xxx

'inspire'
Old 08-11-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Day 17...hanging in there. Struggling w anxiety and stress. Trying to find peace. Hope you are all well
Old 08-11-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Pink - I love your new hair color! Beautiful! That sky sounds so pretty too.

Hugs to all!

Old 08-11-2015, 10:20 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Thanks grateful, I'm.still getting used to.it, but I.think I.like it!

Rah, Stay strong. Xx
Old 08-12-2015, 12:13 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Hey guys

I will do a proper check in today! I went to work drinks last night. All was fine and I stuck to my diet coke, no drama.

Just a few more work things to get through this week but the going is good so far. I also managed some good sleep last night which is a bonus, yey.

Pink the hair looks great!

Rah, keep going. You can do it and the anxiety will pass for you. Don't pick up any alcoholic drinks and instead breath and focus on you.

Hey Ultra, that's tough when you are trying to help someone but all you can do is talk about your own experience and lay out a path for someone. When that person is ready they will already have had a lot of guidance from you :-)

Have a great day all - can't believe it's already hump day! This week I am very much looking forward to the weekend :-)
Old 08-12-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Howdy ho, Wild Wednesday partners! Yeeee haaw!

Had some rough spots at work, and boy the av loves it. Ghost saves people! I think the trick is to catch the thoughts early and quick. It is true that a relapse happens weeks before the drink. Careful with the stinkin thinkin!!

Good job with the work events London, you are now just the guy that doesn't drink. Your image has changed. Awesome!

Rah, realize that now is the time to dig deep. Go read your earlier posts and make a good plan for the weekend. Do not let the av thoughts start in your mind. If you do, you will be back here in a week or so full of regret. You can do this!!

Pink, totally rad hair! Love it! I don't see that very much around here. If you were here you would be so rock star!

Ultra, I get it man. I want to help often too. I realize you cannot force a flower to open.

Gotta jet, so big hugs to the gang, 1step, grateful, Choobie, scooter, hobbers, dry and the rest of the team!

"Happiness is the meaning and purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." Aristotle

Reach! And remember to duck dive if you have to. It will pass...
Old 08-12-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Good morning,

A quick check in - I am running late for a walk on the beach before the Y. I am upping my exercise again because of the number of parties I have been going to - I seem to enjoy food so much more now that I am not drinking. The scale was up two pounds when I got home from sailing, so that is that.

Love the saying you can't force a flower to open.

Hang in there Rah, it gets much easier.

Pink, I love the hair.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Awww thanks guys for the hair comments! Miss my blue but I'm getting used to this now, couldn't go completely plain, and obviously wanted my trademark pink! Ha determined, I think I am a little rock and roll!

Determind, glad you aced the work drinks, always a tough one, but I never doubted you!

Scooter, 2 lbs is totally fixable! Sometimes, you just have to eat the cake! A couple of weeks doing cardiovascular, and job done, it will be GONE! X

London, well done to you for getting through the work drinks too, each time flexes your sober muscles, you are pumping iron my friend! How's the non smoking going? You feeling good? You are doing fantastically!

Hobbers and Rah, how you guys doing?

Choobie, give us a check in! X grateful, you Too! X

All, calm seas here, I'm rolling with the tide and feeling good! Hope you are all, well, and that you are happy, calm and safe wherever you are! Xxx
Old 08-12-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Just checking in with the Team who got me to 1 year. Today is my 1 year date and I owe it to you guys and gals !!

Even though I don't post much lately, I truly think of you numerous times per week in my sober journey!

I love you all ! Tonight I am bringing a big box of chocolates to my weekly sober meeting (non-AA) and we are going to celebrate !!

Hugs to you all and congratualtions to choosing sobriety over the hell that is the poison we used to ingest!
-Chris
Old 08-12-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Congratulations on ONE YEAR CaliChris! Enjoy your celebration - you deserve it!

Old 08-12-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Checking in...day 18! Doing well with not drinking. I've been very tired. My granddaughter has been with us for 5 weeks. It's starting to wear on me and my husband. He takes care of her during the day. This week the nights have been tough bc I'm so tired. I think I have an infection. I'm calling the dr tomorrow. I've been trying to find peace. Right now there isn't any...no me time and no quiet time. Husband is grumpy, etc. it will get better.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:33 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Chris, 1 year, that must feel amazing ! I am so proud of you and think your celebration sounds lovely! Congratulations my lovely, have a fabulous day, you deserve to feel smug, successful, ecstatic, proud and just damn good today! Well done!!! Xxxxxxxxxx
Old 08-12-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Chris congrats on One Year! That's fantastic!! Top drawer indeed

Hope everyone is good. I am having an up and down week. Work is tough and I lost my temper with a team member spectacularly yesterday. Oops! I will make amends today even though I still feel it was a deserved outburst, no point in pro-longing a bad vibe.

Thanks Pink - smoking is going good! I am wary of replacing real cigs with the e-cig so I am using the lowest nicotine you can get and only puffing morning and evening with a couple of emergency blasts as and when. It's not as bad as I thought, although I am eating like a horse! But my running should sort that and I will happily trade a few extra temporary lbs vs the freedom. I swear nicotine is alcohols bitch twin sister!! I had some nasty withdrawal, I must be wired so my body r ally protests when I take away bad stuff.

Rah, I hope the doctor can help. If you can sort any ailments it really helps the mental resolve for that AV. You are doing great!

Have a lovely day all. I am heading out into what looks like autumn weather this morning
Old 08-13-2015, 12:21 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

London, I totally agree, they are addiction twins, and equally as hard to quit. I quit both the same day, so my one year sober will also be 1 year smokeless. If I had continued one, I would have failed on the other, they have too much association for me. You are doing great. Hey. You are human, and it's not normal to get on with everyone. I'm sure that guy deserved your wrath! Hope today is a better day, rise above it......This too shall pass....... Thinking of you today.

I have taken a sneaky last minute annual leave day, and am off to the supermarket to buy supplies. To do I will bake a chickpea dhal loaf, cheese scones, cottage pie, cheese and potato pie, a banana and strawberries roulade, strawberry and vanilla macaroons, and low fat brownies. Got the baking bug Aftr watching great British bake off last night! I love cooking , so am super zen today. I will put on my team a mix tape, my funky apron, tie my hair back, and bake and dance through the day 😊

LOVE xxx
Old 08-13-2015, 03:02 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday!

Going camping this weekend, so today is it for me! This will be a first for my son, so totally stoked.

Chris, way to kick it my man! Freakin fabulous. Strong through every season, now just repeat what you learned for another positive and peaceful year. High five bro!

London, this happens and sometimes people deserve to receive a very stern response. It is healthy for us to draw clear lines and boundaries. Good for you dude. Make the peace today and move on knowing you have gained more respect.

Rah, be cool. Step back and enjoy the little one. In a few weeks you will miss it! The av is clever and trying to build a case for drinking this weekend. Know this and prepare.

Pink, my god that sounds incredible! I can smell it from here! You should you tube the flour covered craziness!

Choobie, where you is kid?

"When you reach the heart of life, you shall find beauty in all things."

Be present.