Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 47

Old 08-15-2015, 12:15 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

BeFree, you have built a good life for yourself since you becpgan your recovery journey, you would throw that all away if you gave in to AV. This last year you were beginning to realise that there is life after drink, that you can have sober fun. I feel you need to remember that it is your addiction and not you that wants that first drink. Please care enough about yourself not to listen.

Fradley I am glad I was able to help. You will definitely earn brownie points, but more, you will have such fun! Kids come out with some great things, maybe you can teach them a song! ( my MIL taught all her grandchildren and now great grandchildren risqué poetry!! Lol) I'm sure you will have fun.

Keep on keeping on Undies
Old 08-15-2015, 02:34 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Hang in there, BFree--even if it's by your fingernails!
Old 08-15-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoozeFree View Post
Thanks everyone for the support. I am struggling between wanting to be sober more than wanting to drink. I am on day 3 though and trying to just get thru each day at the moment
Hey! A day like this can be a pivotal moment. You can look back on it as the day that made you or the day that broke you. The first drink is always down to you.

I wish you all the best to stay strong. Be in touch online
Old 08-15-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Good job BF. All any of us can do is make the right decision in the moment. The struggle you're feeling today will lessen every time you say yes to being sober.

I truly feel terrible for anyone who's facing down a craving to drink. Every time I gave in to my addiction and drank, the struggle to stay away from alcohol the next time grew more difficult.

Recovery ultimately has been the only way I've been able to find long term sobriety (aside from my pregnancies). Using a proven method of recovery in AA gave me some structure to follow.

Recovery at first seemed like it might be such an imposition into my day. I quickly saw that it replaced only a fraction of the time I had spent drinking. At 17 months sober the fact is I have plenty of time to practice recovery in AA and SR, and accomplish more every day than I ever did while I was drinking. I work at a busy full time job, raise two active children, cook and clean, and maintain an active social life.

There is so much waiting for you on the other side. Life gets so much better once you pass the hurdles of early sobriety. Dig in, jump over them, walk around others, and a comfortable and easy pace await you!!
Old 08-15-2015, 03:18 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Good morning, Undies :-)

(((BF))), you can do this - one day at a time.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Afternoon all, yesterday was 1 month sober

Nice sunny day here up north. Done a spot of gardening this morning. This evening I'm going out for a nice meal with my family.

I have also been reading the refuge recovery - Buddhist approach to addiction recovery book over the past couple of days and finding it very interesting. Has anyone else come across this? I am hoping it will complement the SMART stuff I am doing quite nicely. I am in the process of doing the refuge inventory (seems quite similar to AA in this respect), but I'm open to giving anything a try! I definitely think it helps me t get everything written down on paper, instead of thoughts about the past floating round my head constantly. I will report back when I finish the book

Have a great sober day all
B
Old 08-15-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Congrats on 1 month sober, B3!
Old 08-15-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Good job on the month BBB.

I'm on Day 32 myself, off streaks of 62 and 82, so overall 176 sober days in the last 178 days. This is sober weekend #26, which is half a year and these weekends are just so much less stressful and so much more enjoyable while sober than while dealing with crippling hangovers/embarrassment. There's just so much more available for me to do when everything is on the table since I'm not making myself sick with a hangover.

BF, hang in there. We're all rooting for you.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Congratulations B^3 and Mets!
Old 08-15-2015, 11:31 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

BBB congrats on the month! I haven't read that book yet but I'm a big fan of Noah Levine and have read his other books.

Work was tiring. I had cravings thru out the day to drink. I am going to sleep sober tho thankfully. Ready for another day, hopefully an easier day as far as cravings go.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work Undies!!

B3 - Congrats on the month! I'm not familiar with the Buddhist approach you've been studying, but would be interested in hearing more about it.

Mets - Great work racking up your sober stats.

BF - I'm glad you're digging in and working through through your cravings and challenges.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Congrats BBB!

Old 08-16-2015, 11:05 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Hi undies.
Quite around here today. I really wanted to drink agIn but hung out with a sober friend instead. I woke up with a mild sore throat this morning and hoping it is just the dry hot weather and that I'm not actually getting sick.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

I agree, B^3! Feel free to share insights you're gaining from the new approach. That is one of the things I love best about SR--one can hear and learn from a whole spectrum of viewpoints. So often I hear an angle that I had not considered, and it really opens my eyes.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Hi undies.
Hope everyone is doing well. I'm enjoying my day off before wompland tomorrow getting things done around the house and had my car washed.

My cravings seem to have gone down quit a bit today which I am grateful for.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Good that you have been working at diverting yourself BFree, those cravings never last for ever.

B3 I too like to hear different ways to cover the same journey I might be riding a pony at the moment but hey if you're driving a Porsche I might be interested!!

NYMets good to see you, how's things since you settled back from your vaca?
Old 08-18-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Just checking in, glad to see most everyone is holding strong!

I'm on day forty something, still doing well myself...occasional thoughts and urges but so far easily quelled...stay strong!
Old 08-18-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Toadie, good going on 40 :-)
Old 08-18-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Hi Undies,

Popping in to say hello. All is well these days. Trying to live each day with gratitude, acceptance, humility, looking to give back. ..so different from my active addiction m.o. Just finished a workout and killing a few prior to heading off to a tuesday night mtg at the local rehab. Such a powerful reminder of the early days of recovery and a great way to look to give back to a struggling alkie..step 12.

Haha, I shouldn't post from my phone...hope this made sense?

My best to all.

Carlos
Old 08-18-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Haha Carlos, I post from my phone all the time, I'm the typo queen! what a great way to be, dude.

Hi undies! Just wanted to pop in and say hello, and congrats to everyone for having a sober day!!