View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  
gleefan

Good job BF. All any of us can do is make the right decision in the moment. The struggle you're feeling today will lessen every time you say yes to being sober.

I truly feel terrible for anyone who's facing down a craving to drink. Every time I gave in to my addiction and drank, the struggle to stay away from alcohol the next time grew more difficult.

Recovery ultimately has been the only way I've been able to find long term sobriety (aside from my pregnancies). Using a proven method of recovery in AA gave me some structure to follow.

Recovery at first seemed like it might be such an imposition into my day. I quickly saw that it replaced only a fraction of the time I had spent drinking. At 17 months sober the fact is I have plenty of time to practice recovery in AA and SR, and accomplish more every day than I ever did while I was drinking. I work at a busy full time job, raise two active children, cook and clean, and maintain an active social life.

There is so much waiting for you on the other side. Life gets so much better once you pass the hurdles of early sobriety. Dig in, jump over them, walk around others, and a comfortable and easy pace await you!!